Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Feb 2013!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Just got the go ahead from a consultant to have a home birth. I'm a very happy lady today. Hope you are all doing well xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

Aww delighted for ye expecting and foxy.
    @expecting don't be worrying about the birth stories. If we let our own or others not so great experiences get to us we'd scare ourselves ****less lol.
    Hell my first to were terrible but here i am on num 4. Granted this one wasn't planned but still lol.
    @bp how ya feeling now any better?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

Hi all,

I hope everyone is keeping well and the dreams aren't too freaky....I have been ok on that front so far touch wood!

I am starting the auld yoga next week so hopefully that will make the process easier!! I am defo showing how, nice bump on my....it is almost past the boobs, which is saying something as I have gone from a C to a DD and they are threatening to go up another cup size!!! Sure what can you do!

So any news with anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭househunter

Just adding myself to this thread :D
    Was 20 weeks on Saturday. All going well for me so far touch wood. Scan this Friday.
    Been having lots of weird dreams although not as many lately as I was having a few weeks ago. Started pregnancy yoga too and its so relaxing. Been doing an ordinary pilates class but its really nice doing a class with other pregnant ladies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Tilly Tally

Congratulations househunter!

I'm half dreading all these dreams that you are all talking about. Luckily so far I've had nothing like that. I was having difficulty sleeping up til last week - was getting a lot of rib pain and just generally uncomfortable. But that seems to have settled now and I'm making it as far as 6am or later without clock watching! Or it could be that I've now experiencing severe tiredness and I'm just sleeping through the pain.

I was told last week by my boss (who hadn't seen me in about a week) that I'm now "massive"!! Very encouraging! But I suppose I should be looking quite pregnant at 23 weeks! Bump passed out my expanding boobs a few weeks ago. And strange question but how do people put on socks and tights up to 9 months??!! I was like a contortionist this morning and exhausted after the struggle. Not sure how I'll manage that for the next 3 or 4 months.

• Advertisement

welcome along househunter!

Oh the joys of trying to get socks on - that one is puzzling me too!

Glad to hear everyone is happy and growing steadily!

Yeah, putting on shoes and socks is starting to get more awkward alright, haha. I feel like an auld one at times.
    Anyone else not felt their baby move yet? I'm starting to get worried about feeling nothing, although I know I shouldn't and that everyone if different. That doesn't stop me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Yeah, putting on shoes and socks is starting to get more awkward alright, haha. I feel like an auld one at times.
    Anyone else not felt their baby move yet? I'm starting to get worried about feeling nothing, although I know I shouldn't and that everyone if different. That doesn't stop me!

My friend hadn't felt anything at 20 weeks so she mentioned it her 20 week scan, she was told that on your first it is usually around 22 weeks. She was 22 weeks on Saturday and has felt the baby move once so far so hopefully she will feel more soon.

If you are worried you should get it checked out.

I have my big scan on Friday so I will mention it then, thanks :)

I hadn't really felt movement up to 18 weeks but then I started recognising small wiggly movements (bit like ripples or worms more than bubbles or butterflies!!) as movement. Once I realised what it was, I couldn't stop feeling it. Now at over 23 weeks, I'm getting kicked all around the place all day long - my bladder is obviously a good punching bag!! I do find that there is way more movement just after eating or when I lie down at night.

• Advertisement

I have started feeling hic-ups which are kinda weird...below the belly button!

But movement is different for everyone - and also what I think may be movement is actually gas! :-)

Good luck with the scan - just had mine the other day and it was great, very exciting to see the heart chambers etc

Enjoy x

Thanks BP. Really looking forward to the scan but scared at the same time. Hopefully I'll be reassured on Friday :)

Morning ladies (and emerging bumps) how be everyone?
    22 weeks today and hospital app this morning. Hopefully i'll be able to find out the sex.
    Oh the ladies in the jan thread have a list of who's due when and where, was wonderin if ye'd be interested in doing the same? If so pm me the details and sure i'll stick it up. Happy friday everyone :-)

Hi Thumby, Best of luck with the hospital appointment today - hope you are able to find out! I actually saw that list on the January thread and was going to suggest it myself. Its a great way to keep track of dates and the big countdown. I'll send you on my details this morning!

Househunter - best of luck with your scan today, hope everything goes well for you.

Right so here we go ladies. :-D
    TillyTally 1st of Feb CUMH
    Househunter 23rd of Feb Holles Street
    Expecting the Unexpected 24th of Feb The Coombe
    Thumby 24th of feb the coombe (possible induction in jan though).

Got on great today. OH couldn't make it so got the doc to give me a sneaky scan and he's 90% certain it's a boy. He wouldn't say for def because it was one of the portable ultrasound machines.
    Jaysus expecting ya never know we could be sharing a room if i don't go early. Lol
    So how's everyone doing today then?

How'd your scan go househunter?

Hi all,

my details are:

due: 11th Feb, Holles Street :-)

Thumby wrote: »
    How'd your scan go househunter?
    Went great thanks Thumby! Such a relief to know everything looks ok :)
    Keeping the sex a surprise. Sonographer was a bit odd. Told her I hadn't felt anything yet and she said sure its moving loads. She was under pressure as they were a person down. We were afraid to ask any questions! She never mentioned the fact that I have an anterior placenta which I just noticed on the report afterwards - that might explain why I haven't felt any movement! Didn't care though as all looks normal, yay!

Househunter - thats great news that the scan went so well, you must have been delighted and so relieved.

• Advertisement

Hi girls, glad to hear you are all getting on good.

My friend had her 20 week scan a few weeks ago, was great seeing how much baby has grown. She decided not to find out what she is having as it is her first and wants it to be a surprise.

It's mad to think she is 23 +2 already! The last few weeks have flown. She is due 9th Feb in Holles St so we might see BP in there!!

We have alot of stuff in and are going to try and get more over the next fews weeks to avoid the mad crowds at xmas!!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭magicface1

Hi guys, have not dropped by since page one. My beautiful fiancé and I had our 21 week scan yesterday and it was the first time seeing the baby, what an amazing experience. The most important part was that the baby was growing fine and is well and healthy thank god and also we found out It is a little girl we are having god we are both over the moon. Have a lovely picture of the baby either sucking its thumb or sucking/biting her finger unreal it is. My fiancé has had bad morning sickness and terrible back pain for most so far. Nothing a good massage cant help. She is an inspiration to me and I will forever remember what she has done for our new family. Hope everyone else is doing ok and getting through the scans and all the comes with pregnancy.

That's all for now, take care now

Magicface.

I will be looking out for you Kitten_K :-)

I am glad everyones scan went well, out 20 week scan was actually slightly less clear because of how baby was sitting, but is waving! the legs were over the head so harder to see, but still all was fine so happy out!

Congrats on having a daughter, you must be chuffed! you can get lovely pregnancy massages, but try go to the ones without the hole in the table (my friends mam did a course in this and recommends the ones were they lie you on your side with pillows!)

anyway my friend who was trying for longer than us just announced her pregnancy so chuffed for them :-)

Hey everyone.
    Bp i'll add ya to the list when i get home, it's a massive pain doing it on the phone.
    Congrats magicface.
    Delighted everyone is doing great. Have my big scan tomorrow thankfully as i had a bleed sunday night and have been told i have a low lying placenta but they couldn't tell how serious or if it's covering the cervix on the emergency room ultrasound as its just one of the small portable ones.
    Anyhow hope ye all have a great day.

Hope everything goes well for you with the scan tomorrow Thumby. You must have gotten an awful fright on Sunday when that happened.

I feel so lucky that I've had nothing happen or no bad symptoms outside of the normal aches and pains - fingers crossed nothing changes now!

Thanks tillytally.
    Believe it or not this is the easiest pregnancy i've had. I didn't even realise i was bleeding. It happened while i was sleeping, woke up monday morning and found the blood in my pj's. It had stopped by that stage thankfully.
    Oh my next app is the 9th of nov they brought it forward for some reason. Well depending how tomorrow goes anyway i could be in sooner again if the placenta is too low. Ah well what will be will be. Babs is a lively little thing and doing great so i'm trying not to worry too much.

Good luck tomorrow Thumby - we will be thinking of you x

Best of luck tomorrow Thumby

Aww thanks girls.
    I'm distracting myself this evening by getting started on hats/cardigans for the little man. I'm about half way through the first hat atm. Lol
    Hope ye all had a good day ladies. :-)

• Advertisement

Hi Thumby - I hope everything went ok for you at the scan - I have been thinking of you x

Advertisement