Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Feb 2013!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

Hi all,

sorry for not being on for the past while - things have been very busy in work, so the last thing I wanted to do when I got home was go onto a computer!! Ah well, roll on maternity leave!!!!!

Sorry to hear that a few of your gals are having a hard time - I hope everyone is ok :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 annegreen

As an active mother I am always looking for things to do. As I am due in February I just joined a belly cast class in drogheda and booked a photography session to keep the memories. Is there any other things I can do for before the big day? This is my second pregnancy and I missed out on everything before.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭annamarie2013

Guys how come this thread is so quiet compared to all the others?? Does this mean hospitals will be very quiet ha ha??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

Lol annamarie. We all seem to be congregating on either the pregnancy thread or the moan thread atm lmao. Sure come on over and join us and congrats btw :-D

Hi all, as our due month quickly approaches I just thought I would say hello to everyone and see how people are doing! Any early arrivals yet :-)

So in my world my pelvis has decided that movement of any kind should be painful so walking is great craic! I think I have also gotten a few braxton hicks contractions, but if that means baby is fine then it is all good :-)

Hospital bags are packed (and labelled for the hubby!!!)

So has anyone got any news?

• Advertisement

Yeah, can't get over how quiet this thread is. As I said earlier to Thumby, hospitals going to have nobody in them.. Hopefully??

Morning ladies, well it doesn't look like i'll be making it to any where near my due date. I've already been admitted to hospital with a severe kidney infection and needed steriod shots for babs lungs. Had to threathen to sign myself out or else i more than likely wouldn't have been allowed home before xmas eve at the earliest. It now looks like i/'ve another kidney infection if the pain i was in last night is anything to go by. Oh and my placenta still hasn't moved enough yet either. The hospital are thinking babs will be here by 36 weeks but myself and my ex are thinkin 34/35 weeks. I@m 32 on monday. Although i'm pretty sure another hospital stay is on the cards before babs arrives if i am right about the kidney infection.
    Hows things with everyone else?

God you're having an awful hard time...:mad: Thats not easy when you have other little ones at home. Did your last babs come early too??
    I'm keeping fine... 33 weeks now so counting down!!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭goldlocks10

Hi I'm 33 weeks must pack my bags yet. Am I very late doing it? Have must of the stuff. No pram or car seat yet hopefully this week

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Expecting The Unexpected

Morning ladies. Yes this thread is not busy. I often log in and read other threads but rarely post. I'm 32 weeks now. Thinking about packing the bags. While the thread is not busy I know so many people due in feb it's unreal. 7 including myself!

I have my 34 week appointment on the 7th of jan. going to discuss the fact that I have severe SPD and seemly a very large baby. I am not sleeping with the pain and feel it would be cruel to let me go over my date. I 100% do not want a c- section but maybe they will induce me? Is this a stupid request?

I have pretty much everything except car seat and stuff for my hospital bag. I have been seriously hormonal and upset lately. Hoping it passes and it sucks the energy out of you crying all the time!

Thumbs you are having a terrible time. I hope you don't have to go in again.

• Advertisement

@annamarie, not one of mine have been full term, no1 was 36 weeks, no 2 and 3 were both 38 weeks. I've have slight problems on them all but by jesus this one is literally killing me.
    @goldlocks, despite having been admitted to hospital i till haven't got my bags packed. I have an emergency one packed for me and my labour bag but that's it lol. @expecting, what consultant are you under? I'm with dr. crowley and when i had my last ante natal app i seen a different doc but thought i'd push for a section hoping they would say no and just agree to induce me early because of the spd. ( crowley is against unnecessary sections or whatshe counts as them anyway) so i was expecting to be told not a hope in hell but we will induce you. The doc i seen said that there shouldn't be a problem with getting a section due to the spd and big baby because dr crowley does take both of those very seriously. I didn't want a damn section but at this stage i'd happily take it ifoffered at 36 weeks if i havent had the babs yet. Babs was measuring 3lbs11 bang on 30 weeks so i'm fecked lol. tbh i'd almost welcome a couple of days in hospital right now, as the iv meds and pain killers they blasted mewith worked wonders within the first 24 hours where as taking anti b's at home it takes about three or four days for them to even give me the tinyest bit of relief. Iknow it sounds terrible but i just don't know how much longer i can take this poxy pain (i have a fairly high pain threshold as well, gave birth to a 7lb 9 oz boy with nothing).

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭missymad

Thumby u poor thing ur just getting it terrible :( only a few weeks left tho and hopefully ull be back to normality.... 33wks since fri happy days hope the rest of them fly by.. cant believe how quickly its gone this time around.. av a few little bits bought for the bag but still av loads to get.. even have to go buy a bag to put things into.. other than that have buggy sterilizer and bottles thats it.. still waiting to get the room done so i can bring down cots nd stuff. ah well it will all fall into place :)

it was the fear of asking the hubby to get the stuff together in a hurry that spurred me to pack the bags....and he agrees with that assessment but I still feel very unprepared...i.e. what do I dress a baby in? Is it a vest and then a baby grow? Am I missing a step and then when they are going to bed....what do they wear then!!! It is all so scary! although I am sure the midwife will tell me all of this in the hospital!

It sounds like some of you girls are having a hard time :-( I am sure it will work out for everyone.....I am taking another lie down - went for a ten minute walk earlier and it killed me - my own fault for becoming lazy I suppose! we are in the process of decorating so the house is a tip which is annoying me but sure what can you do!

Thinking of you all

Expecting vests and baby gros for the first few weeks is mostly what you'll end up using between all the nappies and the amount of times babs will spit up. Those and cardigans are what you'll need for rhe hospital along with hats and scratch mittens.

Yeah a bit weepy at times too... At the moments when you least expect it!!

Today's job is the car seat. We are getting the maxi cosi but need to understand the different types and the various bases. I am however yet to get out of bed. Getting lazier and lazier. I'll start to group things for the hospital bag today too.

Has anyone had the whooping cough vaccine? I'm getting it on Thursday. The HSE are recommending we get it between 28-32 weeks however they don't think it's important enough to pay for the vaccine or administration. So not sure how important it is.

I cannot sleep with this SPD. Both my hips are in agony. I am pinching nerves on both sides and can't sleep on eithere. I also instantly need to be sick if I lie on my back. 7.5 weeks seems like an eternity.

I feel slightly better about my SPD since I can get a couple of hours sleep at a time which is something. I think the baby dropped a bit earlier....bad pain and it looks lower!

We have bought the Maxi Cosi Cabrio Fix (e129 mothercare, the pebble is 169 and the lady in the shop said it was newer hence more expensive but that is it really) and the ISO Family base (e169 mothercare). Now that is more expensive than the 'easy fix base' but it will last until they are 3yrs old with a bigger Maxi Cosi seat whereas the easy fix base for e129 must be changed after the year.

If you go for the Quinny package you get the easy fix base with it! Just if you are buying the bits separately you will need the adapters for the Quinny pram part for babies to sleep in.

I got my hospital bag list from eumom, and just found it helpful, although I amn't taking a hair dryer etc....I just don't want too much crap in the hospital with me and I doubt the baby will mind what my hair looks like!

Samples are great for the hopsital bag and miniatures - shampoo etc, saves space as the bag fills fast with pads, nappies etc. I have left a 'coming home' bag at home with a coat for me and babes as otherwise it is once again taking up room and means more crap to carry! Oh and a woman in work said get the thick thick pads....it is like nine months period at one time....so they are also bigger but probably worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

bp wrote: »
    I got my hospital bag list from eumom, and just found it helpful, although I amn't taking a hair dryer etc....I just don't want too much crap in the hospital with me and I doubt the baby will mind what my hair looks like!

Samples are great for the hopsital bag and miniatures - shampoo etc, saves space as the bag fills fast with pads, nappies etc. I have left a 'coming home' bag at home with a coat for me and babes as otherwise it is once again taking up room and means more crap to carry! Oh and a woman in work said get the thick thick pads....it is like nine months period at one time....so they are also bigger but probably worth it!

I never got my eumom pack and I think the date on the voucher expired today :( can you get a new voucher I wonder?

Bp, where do you get the thicker pads? I bought the maternity ones from boots but they don't don't seem much thicker than a regular maternity pad.

@expecting, I'm with my gp this Friday and think I'm going to get the whooping cough vaccine then. I'll ask her advice but the consultant was quite firm about this vaccine so I feel I should.

Hey yellow hen - I should check the date on my pack too now that you say it - feck I hope it doesn't run out.

I got some of the Boots ones too but I am going to use them once I get home just in case.

The thick ones I got in MotherCare but the hospital shops sell them too

Well we got our car seat but got a 'besafe' instead of the maxi cosi. I didn't realise it fit our pram and is of much better quality. I read online about their car testing and it is 20% more safe than the maxi cosi. You can see from the seat itself it cups the baby more correctly and has 5 straps instead of 3. They demonstrated how the baby could fall out of the maxi cosi during a side on collision and they are the same price so we went for it. So that's another thing off our list.

I have been going out a huge amount with my girl friends and family and am exhausted. The OH has agreed to stay in just the two of us and relax. We should probably take the opportunity to do something before baby arrives but I don't have the energy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

We got the be safe too. Was v impressed with their testing and it fits with the maxi cost adaptors for our buggy. Just put a deposit in it and will collect it closer to the baby arriving. Have to find a cot now, think we might go with one we saw in tony kealys.

Oops probably should have looked up reviews before buying mine :-)

Well happy 2013 everyone...new babies this year :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Im 32 weeks now ladies. Havent been on here much but hope ur all doing well. Have the spd too but thankfully not as bad as last pregnancy which is odd. Was told last time if i had another baby i would need a wheelchair!! Luckily its just been twinges and hip pain at night this time.
    Starting to get all the bits ready for baby now but wish i had the energy to organise it! Cant wait to finish up in work. Love my job but feeling tired now since christmas and have all the other kids to look after.
    Thats my
    waffle for the day :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Im 32 weeks now ladies. Havent been on here much but hope ur all doing well. Have the spd too but thankfully not as bad as last pregnancy which is odd. Was told last time if i had another baby i would need a wheelchair!! Luckily its just been twinges and hip pain at night this time.
    Starting to get all the bits ready for baby now but wish i had the energy to organise it! Cant wait to finish up in work. Love my job but feeling tired now since christmas and have all the other kids to look after.
    Thats my
    waffle for the day :-)

Hi Foxy. That's great on the SPD not being as bad. Not long now. I'm 33 weeks and was told babies head is engaged. I could feel that it was over the weekend but honk now it may have moved. I got confirmation of receipt of my welfare application this morning in the post and also the monitor we bought on Amazon. (Summer touch with video). Good post morning - no bills!!

I got the whooping cough vaccine. Did anyone else? I was tired and dissy theday after but no major side affects.

I have a terrible cold and the doctor has signed me off work as I am not sleeping. I feel too guilty not to go in so will go in tomorrow.

Hospital appointment today. Will find out the weight of the baby if I can and understand what impact that will have on my SPD and delivery etc.

Finally I saw the rasberry leaf tea in a health shop and bought it. It's not supposed to induce labour. Just strengthen the uterus for for during labour. I'll try it!!!

It's all go!! Thumby are you feeling any better? Still looking at an early delivery??

Just wrecked now expecting. My midwife for the week i was in the coombe swears blind that the tea does induce labour but not in everyone. Knowing my luck i'll be the one it works for too early so im staying away from it for another couple of weeks. I was 33 weeks yesterday. I don't know what the story is with my delivery now. I've one doc telling me def early section due to the spd and repeated infections and another telling me theres no medical reason not to let me go full term!! I'll just have to see the head of my team friday. Hows you?

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

Thumby wrote: »
    @annamarie, not one of mine have been full term, no1 was 36 weeks, no 2 and 3 were both 38 weeks. I've have slight problems on them all but by jesus this one is literally killing me.
    @goldlocks, despite having been admitted to hospital i till haven't got my bags packed. I have an emergency one packed for me and my labour bag but that's it lol. @expecting, what consultant are you under? I'm with dr. crowley and when i had my last ante natal app i seen a different doc but thought i'd push for a section hoping they would say no and just agree to induce me early because of the spd. ( crowley is against unnecessary sections or whatshe counts as them anyway) so i was expecting to be told not a hope in hell but we will induce you. The doc i seen said that there shouldn't be a problem with getting a section due to the spd and big baby because dr crowley does take both of those very seriously. I didn't want a damn section but at this stage i'd happily take it ifoffered at 36 weeks if i havent had the babs yet. Babs was measuring 3lbs11 bang on 30 weeks so i'm fecked lol. tbh i'd almost welcome a couple of days in hospital right now, as the iv meds and pain killers they blasted mewith worked wonders within the first 24 hours where as taking anti b's at home it takes about three or four days for them to even give me the tinyest bit of relief. Iknow it sounds terrible but i just don't know how much longer i can take this poxy pain (i have a fairly high pain threshold as well, gave birth to a 7lb 9 oz boy with nothing).

Hey Thumby just reading over posts and i see we are with the same Consultant. I love Crowley. I've been a gyne patient of hers since i was 13 and now she is looking after me in my first pregnancy. she requested that i go with her. how do you find her? Glad to see she takes both SPD and big babies seriously. I've had 4 laparoscopys with her over the years and she's been brilliant... with my appt last week she told me baby is bigger than average, i dont particularly want a section but if he's already big at 29 weeks i would be open to it if he continues to grow. I did ask if she would let me go over and she just smiled at me and said we'd see closer the time.

Hope your feeling better as i've been following all the threads and you seem to be having a really tough time with your pregnancy!

Heya elly. I do find her very good (when i get to see her that is lol). I'll have to see her on friday to see what her opinion on early inducement/section is. On top of the spd and big babs (he was weighing 4lbs6 at 32 weeks) i'm now getting repeated kidney infections the last two of which had me hospitalised so hopefully the doc i seen at the clinic the last time is right about her taking all that into consideration. Its great to hear what others experiences of her are too. I doubt she'll let you go over if babs is going to be massive, then again it does depend on your own size as well. I'm 4'9 and have tiny hips and apparently don't do small babies.
    This is def my last pregnancy, i usually fly through them for the most part but this one it seems like its throwing everything it can at me. Lol ah well not long left long. :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

The only appt i didnt see her at was when she was away. I was called by a another Dr. last Friday and I asked him if i could see crowley. i felt awful but at the same time even tho i have had no issue with my pregnancy i switched from Semi Priv to public as requested by her and she said she would see me every visit so i said feck it. i felt a bit snobby but i like her and i always feel great after seen her plus she knows all my med history inside out :D:D i did apologise to the doc and explained and he was fine with it i just gave my chart back to the midwive and told her i wanted to see crowley. Im 5ft 5 and would have been size 8-10 pre preg so i think i can take the weight but due to the fact ive had 4 laps with 6 small incisions down in my lower ab i think there is a chance i could have to be sectioned if baby is big. She actually asked if i had any questions re: birth and labour and at the time i didn't really so im back with her in 4 wks so i'll ask then about section due to prev laps etc. I'm very relaxed about the birth I've been through worse pain apparently (was told that by Crowley herself even tho i have never experienced labour i was very bad with endometriosis in my teens but obv cant compare until i experience labour for myself) i consider myself to have a high pain threshold due to previous pain with the endo plus i know at the end of it all i will have my beautiful baby in my arms which has to help :)

I have only ever had the odd kidney infection, actually when i found out i was preg i had a bladder and kidney infection which was bearable but i know from my sis and friend who suffer really bad with them how bad they can be so can only imagine what its like when preg.

Hopefully she will be good to you when you see her and the end will be very near. I cant even imagine what your going through you seem a tough cookie especially having the other kids to look after aswel.

• Advertisement

Thanks elly. The joys of being a mam we just pick ourselves up and get on with it. I wouldn't worry to much about labour i've had two drug assisted and one drug free all of them totally different even the level of pain was different. The meds available during labour are brillant though so you'll be fine. Don't rule out a section though, i've heard the recovery is harder if ya were dead set against having one. Its great that you feel so good after seeing crowly. There's nothing worse than walking out feeling even more confused/full of questions after an appointment. You're dead right to stick to her for all your apps. Its important to feel like an actual person not just a ticket stubb in the coombe.

Advertisement