Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Feb 2013!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

Well kitten looks like you were right about me being next to go. My waters went with with a very slow leak yesterday, thought it was just watery discharge but nope they had gone properly by the time i woke at two this morning. Still not in labour yet though. Lots of extreme lower back pain and pressure. I have a sneaky feeling i might go properly tonight or tomorrow hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Yellow hen - thanks. So they let you leave in between blood tests?

Thumby - best of luck. Did they keep you in or are you at home?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

kitten_k wrote: »
    Yellow hen - thanks. So they let you leave in between blood tests?

Thumby - best of luck. Did they keep you in or are you at home?

You can do whatever you want in between tests but the hour thing us very very strict so you must be back before your appt. It's a very busy clinic.

We are going to Holles St. Think we might just wait there

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

Kitty I did GTT in rotunda. I had a blood test then drank the lucoazade within five mins then had to have three further blood tests. Each with a hour gap!! We weren't allowed to go anywhere as they don't wont you walking around to get rid of the sugars. They want to see what your body can do on its own. May be diff in other places tho.

Also as regards to being shaved.... I don't think it's a requirement but then this is my first!!

• Advertisement

Thanks Nicky.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭annamarie2013

Best of luck to you Thumby, Hope all goes well for ye both!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Best of luck Thumby - thinking of you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

Good luck and congrats Thumby :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Expecting The Unexpected

Good luck thumby!! I can't believe we have the same due date and you are already in there!!!

Worst indigestion ever this morning. ( at least I think that's what it is never had it before) can hardly breath through my throat and my back aches badly. Sitting still and took gaviscon. Go away!!!

We must have people due soon?? Anyone first week in feb? Has anyone left on maternity leave?

• Advertisement

Expecting - my friend is due 9th Feb.

I am sure there was a list put up somewhere earlier in the thread but if everyone wants to post their due date then I will make a new list as I am sure there are others that have joined since then.

Bah still not in labour. They won't induce me either unless i get another infection. I think the list is around page 9/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

Thumby wrote: »
    Bah still not in labour. They won't induce me either unless i get another infection. I think the list is around page 9/10.

Will they keep you in now until baby is here?

Hopefully it won't be long Thumby.

Ok so have gone through the thread (would do anything to not to have to work! :D) and here is the lists of all people who have posted their due date (have added myself even though it's not me having the baby :)). If anybody else wants to be put on the list let me know:

TillyTally 1st of Feb - CUMH
    Kitten_K 9th Feb - Holles Street
    Bp 11th of Feb - Holles Street
    Sun_Moon_Stars 6th Feb - ??
    Cunning Stunt 6th Feb - ??
    BabyFeb13 14th Feb - ??
    Missymad 15th Feb - ??
    Househunter 23rd of Feb - Holles Street
    Expecting the Unexpected 24th of Feb - The Coombe
    Thumby 24th of Feb - The Coombe (possible induction/section in Jan though)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Tilly Tally

Hi everyone,

I hope ye are all keeping well. Firstly best of luck Thumby - hope everything goes according to plan and you'll have your healthy baby in your arms very soon.

I haven't posted in ages cos I've been running around like a lunatic for the past month trying to get ready, along with Christmas and training my replacement in work (who I'm not sure about at all but I can't be worrying about that too!!) Finally finishing work on Friday and it can't come soon enough. I've suddenly hit the extreme tiredness and uncomfortable stage and its nearly impossible to work all day and then be able to do stuff in the evenings. But so far everything is going well baby wise. My next hospital appointment is Feb 5th even though I'm due on Feb 1st...I said it to the doctor and he was like "well we'll either see you at your appointment or we won't cos you'll already have been in!" I'm kinda hoping to go late or just on time since we only cleared out the room for the nursery yesterday - still have to paint it, put down new wooden flooring and then get all the nursery furniture set up. I finally packed my hospital bags last Thursday cos the midwife at the ante natal class and my own doctor gave out to me for not having it done! Sure if something does happen, at least that is done and the nursery can wait til after baby comes home. It would just be nice to be totally organised now and sit back, relax and wait for something to happen.

So thats all my news. Hope all is going well for everyone else.

Finding it hard to sleep these nights... Turning from one side to another is getting tricky!!! Heartburn also beginning to return.... Wonder how Thumby is getting on??

Annamarie, what is your EDD and hospital and I will add you to the list.

Fingers crossed Thumby has her little man soon!

Feb 15th; Galway

TillyTally 1st of Feb - CUMH
    Kitten_K 9th Feb - Holles Street
    Bp 11th of Feb - Holles Street
    Sun_Moon_Stars 6th Feb - ??
    Cunning Stunt 6th Feb - ??
    BabyFeb13 14th Feb - ??
    Missymad 15th Feb - ??
    Annamarie2013 15th Feb - Galway
    Househunter 23rd of Feb - Holles Street
    Expecting the Unexpected 24th of Feb - The Coombe
    Thumby 24th of Feb - The Coombe (possible induction/section in Jan though)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

You can stick me on that list too:)

Due 27th Feb and planning home birth. NMH if anything goes wrong!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭NBO

I'm due 3rd Feb, finishing work on Friday. Hope baby doesn't come early, want to get my hair done and have some time for myself before time to myself becomes a distant memory. Maybe by the 10th Feb I'll be regretting this thought when I'm still waiting for baby to make his/her arrival

Sounds like ye've all hit the nesting stage girls. Its great until you re finished it then you're wrecked for about two days after lol.
    Well it seens my little man has a bit of a stubborn streak in him and he's decided to stay put for now despite my second bag of waters having gone at ten past three this moring. The reg done a speclum exam a lil bit ago and i'm not dialated at all. Everything is still shut up tight.

I will add you both to the list tomorrow girls (on the phone at the moment)

Ah Thumby he must be too comfortable. Have they said how long they are going to leave you?

Are you still in the Coombe thumby? Will they insist in keeping you in until you go into labour?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

Ah Thumby you poor thing....I hope he gets a move on!!

Today I started getting period type cramping pain in my back....so not sure if that is just more Braxton Hicks going to a new level but sure we shall see - getting myself all worked up on google!!! sharp pains below, feeling that I am about to burst etc!

Ah well......sure I still have a while to go, just really want to meet this little person :-)

Well ladies I am in St James at the moment. I fell on my way home last night and hurt my foot.

Fingers crossed it's nothing too serious and it healed before my friend goes into labour!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Expecting The Unexpected

foxy06 wrote: »
    You can stick me on that list too:)

Due 27th Feb and planning home birth. NMH if anything goes wrong!

Delighted some one else is in the last week. Thought I would be going mental all on my own!!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭househunter

Delighted some one else is in the last week. Thought I would be going mental all on my own!!

I'm the 23rd so last week for me too unfortunately. Don't finish at work for almost another 4 weeks!! Seems so long...

I'm the 8th March so I figure I'll be chatting to you girls more coming towards the end of Feb. I feel MASSIVE at the moment...it's really hard to be objective though so I actually dont know if I am big or small in reality. I'm going to start getting my hospital bag ready at the weekend. Bought some pj's in mamas and papas at the weekend...€67 (:eek:) reduced to €25 so was delighted. Finding it hard to find pjs that arent really heavy...I know from family and friends who recently had kids that we'll melt in those heavy pjs.

Is anyone here going to the coombe?

• Advertisement

kitten_k wrote: »
    Well ladies I am in St James at the moment. I fell on my way home last night and hurt my foot.

Fingers crossed it's nothing too serious and it healed before my friend goes into labour!!!

Turns out I have sprained my ankle.

Should take a couple of weeks to heal but I should be fine by the time my friend is due.

Advertisement