Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

website element

Options
  • 26-06-2012 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

On this website they have a video of a woman introducing the business.

There is no background of the video which I like and I'm wondering if I record something like this with my camcorder do I need to use a special background screen or could I use a white background so that a web developer could implement this into my site in a similar fashion?

Is it difficult to implement something like this into a site?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

You could attempt it yourself (through trial and error), but it's not an easy thing to do well.
    To remove the background cleanly, you have to have the right software and know what you're doing before you start filming anything.
    You can't just shoot something then hand it off to someone and say "here take the background out of this, I filmed myself in front of a green wall". Well you might be able to, but it'd probably end up looking like crap.

And for the most part, this isn't a job for a web developer. You'll want someone who does video production/editing, who has the proper skills/software to key out a video background properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭arbitrage

Could I film the person against a perfect white background similar to a photographers white background and use the video on a website that has a white background without having to go to the expense of using someone with video production/editing expertise and use some basic software to basically 'crop' the video sides in so that it would be the width of the person?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

You could attempt it yourself (through trial and error), but it's not an easy thing to do well.
    To remove the background cleanly, you have to have the right software and know what you're doing before you start filming anything.
    You can't just shoot something then hand it off to someone and say "here take the background out of this, I filmed myself in front of a green wall". Well you might be able to, but it'd probably end up looking like crap.

And for the most part, this isn't a job for a web developer. You'll want someone who does video production/editing, who has the proper skills/software to key out a video background properly.

Actually, using HTML 5 canvas, it is pretty easy to do well now. Obviously, you need to wear clothes that won't clash with the background colour (blue/green; think blue is the colour of choice now, as it's furthest aware from skin tone)

On the mobile now, will have a look at that site tomorrow.

So I film a person against a blue canvas background using a regular camcorder can a video editor easily remove the background.

Now I have a video file, how complicated is this to implement into a website in a very similar position to the website in the opening post?

Thanks for the advice.

Looking for a recommendation for a video editor, preferably in Dublin. Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement