Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Confession Box - get it off your chest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Dory Dory wrote: »
    It's a train wreck, really. So disturbing that you want to look away....but you just can't.

:pac:

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Its like the crying game over there at the moment.

Birthday here at work. How could I resist Lolly and Cooks cupcakes. Soooooo good. The full chocolate one is basically a brownie its so heavy. Yum...

Maybe it'll help me float in the pool later? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

No training
    Pizza
    Chips
    :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

BTH wrote: »
    Birthday here at work. How could I resist Lolly and Cooks cupcakes. Soooooo good. The full chocolate one is basically a brownie its so heavy. Yum...

Maybe it'll help me float in the pool later? ;)

Work scoff always gets me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

€3.50 pints and €5 cocktails are not a good mix! On a school night too!! Im pretty sure i was still drunk this morning coming in to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

In a weak moment yesterday, I lusted over these Dunkin Donut Brownie Batter Donuts imagining the glorious sugar rush I could get from a few of these deliciously disgusting babies. Challenge with Shotgun is still intact, no sins (other than in the mind) taken by yours truly. 42 days down, 83 days to go.
    1358914620393.png

In a weak moment yesterday, I lusted over these Dunkin Donut Brownie Batter Donuts imagining the glorious sugar rush I could get from a few of these deliciously disgusting babies. Challenge with Shotgun is still intact, no sins (other than in the mind) taken by yours truly. 42 days down, 83 days to go.
    1358914620393.png
    Mmm mmm mmm..

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭littlemsfickle

Pancake Tuesday...'nuff said:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Pancake Tuesday...'nuff said:)

Tell me about it, 4 very large pancakes covered in nutella and I am done for.

• Advertisement

Tell me about it, 4 very large pancakes covered in nutella and I am done for.
    Jealous!

I did 7 with either jam or lemon curd. Really missed my nutella, banana and vanilla ice cream specials :(

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I haven't made pancakes in ages and tonight's were yum. Stuffed my face. I'm a traditionalist though. Lemon and sugar. None of yer fancy chocolate spread or ice cream. I left that to the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭griffin100

Pancakes......my kids love making pancakes.........hence I tend to have them 2-3 times a week for breakfast......covered in sugar and coated in golden syrup.......lovely.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Oryx wrote: »
    I haven't made pancakes in ages and tonight's were yum. Stuffed my face. I'm a traditionalist though. Lemon and sugar. None of yer fancy chocolate spread or ice cream. I left that to the kids.

Nothing like caster sugar on pancakes. :D

I could live in this thread. Expect me to appear on ''this is why you're morbidly obese'' sometime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭griffin100

Nothing like caster sugar on pancakes. :D

I could live in this thread. Expect me to appear on ''this is why you're morbidly obese'' sometime soon.

Type II diabetes is for wimps :)

Have to agree with Oryx. Sugar and Lemon. None of your fancy stuff. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

BTH wrote: »
    Have to agree with Oryx. Sugar and Lemon. None of your fancy stuff. :D

Flat crepe type panckaes or fluffy american style?

Love sugar and lemon on the crepe style, maple syrup on the other. Kids love both, so its pancake Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday in our house usually.

Flat crepe type panckaes or fluffy american style?

Love sugar and lemon on the crep style, maple syrup on the other. Kids love both, so its pancake wednesday, thursday and saturday in our house usually.

Thin crepe type ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭littlemsfickle

Agreed - thin crepes with lemon and sugar, add in a mug of tea....happy out:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭BennyMul

simply some peanutbutter and jam on the pancakes. ummmmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭d4r3n

Sugar and lemon, raspberries and nutella, delish!

Thin crepe ones are what we always had, with sugar and butter.

I must make the american styles ones with maple syrup, since I've never really had them and never made them myself it is very unfair to just brush them off like that without a real comparison.

Thin crepe ones are what we always had, with sugar and butter.

I must make the american styles ones with maple syrup, since I've never really had them and never made them myself it is very unfair to just brush them off like that without a real comparison.

I have a pretty yummy American recipe made with buttermilk. Just sayin'. ;):D

I have a pretty yummy American recipe made with buttermilk. Just sayin'. ;):D

American ones have to come in a huge pile right? Like this?

main.jpg

You can't have just one or two or five, you need about fifteen right?

American ones have to come in a huge pile right? Like this?

main.jpg

You can't have just one or two or five, you need about fifteen right?
    yum...
    When I visit one of my best mates in Toronto we celebrate with a wholewheat blueberry and banana stack with maple syrup pouring off the top. Mmm mmm mmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Brother in law home from Uk = weekend on the beer;)

Maltesers, the lighter way to enjoy chocolate...

....until you polish off a 360g box that is :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Gonna be a week off training this week I think, very under the weather so you know the old saying starve a fever feed a cold... Share bag of crisps before bed oh and chocolate cake at 11am this morning in work, and a handful of chocolates oh oh oh and after dinner.Really feeling guilty about todays eating but keep telling myself it will make me better, pretty sure they meant healthy food when they came up with that saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

Gonna be a week off training this week I think, very under the weather so you know the old saying starve a fever feed a cold... Share bag of crisps before bed oh and chocolate cake at 11am this morning in work, and a handful of chocolates oh oh oh and after dinner.Really feeling guilty about todays eating but keep telling myself it will make me better, pretty sure they meant healthy food when they came up with that saying.

Current medical evidence suggests feeding both a fever and a cold. It seems the type of food doesn't matter, but it is important to serve it covered in chocolate (chocolate/hazelnut spreads are acceptable at a pinch).

• Advertisement

Forgive me Father for I have sinned. Today I consumed a freshly baked (by a local establishment here in town) chocolate brownie with ooey gooey caramel sauce drizzled artistically over it's perfect surface, a scrumptious peanut butter cookie with a heavenly dollop of chocolate in the center, AND this evening I plan on downing a German chocolately looking cupcakey thingy as my post-dinner dessert. It is Fat Tuesday you know, and all these goodies arrived as a gift from the shop owners.....so, I'm hoping absolution is in your vocabulary. :o:D

Advertisement