Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Confession Box - get it off your chest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Pizza Hut the night before TriAthlone. Sure I'll be grand......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

at least im not the only one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

KFC on the way home from athlone then a bag of maynards sport mix, 2 terrys chocolate orange bars and a litre bottle of bulmers...oops!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

supposed to do 4hr bike today. went helping sister set up wedding gazebo etc and now glued to IMAT finish video waiting for the throng of LTC doing in to dribble in. Some good results so far, One girl running 1st in her AG, another lad is going to be worryingly close to the cut off 17hr and I'm literally praying for him here... Sod the damn long bike, I'm welling up with emotional motivation watching this... I'll happily do the f"%kin thing at 3am if I have to next time...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

No training in 3 days and no desire to either! Pizza, beer and football right now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Bambaata wrote: »
    No training in 3 days and no desire to either! Pizza, beer and football right now.

Football and a chinese here, although i would love a beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Avoided a muddy trail, on a trail run, as I didn't want to get my road shoes muddy. Ran on the road instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Three days on the lash (wine, cider, beer), two burgers, one kebab, three pizzas. No non alcholic fluids in three days.

best weekend of my life........

imag0823t.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Is that a smile or a grimace?

Tunney 'Mona Lisa.' ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Plenty of Faustino VII while watching the match last night. Nailed my colours to the mast in my wine glass, I regret nothing. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

tunney wrote: »
    Three days on the lash (wine, cider, beer), two burgers, one kebab, three pizzas. No non alcholic fluids in three days.

best weekend of my life........

imag0823t.jpg

Still wearing the Polar though, so all is well with the world...

Izoard wrote: »

Don't have a normal watch that has a working battery. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Izoard wrote: »

He was doing hill repeats up to the bar from what i hear!!

He was doing hill repeats up to the bar from what i hear!!

I was practising drinking from cups on the go!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭speedyj

Looks like the perfect carbo load to me :) See you next weekend (I arrive Friday at lunchtime)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

take away, apple tart and chocolate popcorn while tracking ironman yesterday...............ah well, suppose i may do something today:p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

tunney wrote: »
    But Fosters?! That's your confession right there.

Two days of beer and surfing for me, but I did get my absolution by running from Fisher Street in Doolin to the Visitor's Centre at the Cliffs of Moher and back again, in horrendous winds that threatened to strangle me with my own headphone wire. Definitely some Opus Dei self-flagellation right there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

But Fosters?! That's your confession right there.

Two days of beer and surfing for me, but I did get my absolution by running from Fisher Street in Doolin to the Visitor's Centre at the Cliffs of Moher and back again, in horrendous winds that threatened to strangle me with my own headphone wire. Definitely some Opus Dei self-flagellation right there.

Woah, you were listening to an iPod? :eek:

Woah, you were listening to an iPod? :eek:
    Nope, it's a Sansa Clip! And I listen to it all of the time. Except when heading uphill towards the Cliffs of Moher, where the ear-buds were like mini-kites, hovering on the wind a foot behind me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

A visit to Avoca and one of their cakes! Well my pregnant wife went up and picked it out, as doesnt like choc when pregnant and can have meringue!

She picked the biggest cream sponge cake slice i ever seen!!! There was some fruit though:rolleyes:

Inlaws called over last night, and a a slice of carrot cake with icing!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Went on the abs batter for my mates stag at the Derby on Saturday. Really needed it. Ate and drank all day......beer..burgers..chocolate..fizzies...vodka.
    Rest day aka dying yesterday

One thing i havelearned from this thread......we are all what we eat. Not many guys at the pointy end posting on here.

My other observation is a lot of runners reading the tri forum still. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Went to Poland for the Euro's.

Haven't done a tap since I got back.

My hand only stopped shaking involuntarily late last week :(

Give me strength to start up again this week!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Haven't trained since an easy 10 minute run on Tuesday. Spent Wednesday - Friday on the bed/couch with chills and headaches, still wasn't fit Saturday/Sunday. Serious battle to do anything today.

...and that's after only getting 2/3 training sessions in the week previous thanks to an MCL strain. FML.

My other observation is a lot of runners reading the tri forum still. ;)
    You mean the triathlon/duathlon/adventure racing forum? Perhaps we're all budding adventurers. :)

The truth is that most of us were raised in catholic Ireland and we're enticed by the thoughts of some juicy confessions. Where better to get our fix, but from the pie-eaters on the triathlon forum. :D

Getting a new kitchen in. Will be without a kitchen for a week. Set to live off take aways. Confessing in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

miller82 wrote: »
    Going to a festival in Belgium for four days.Don't leave until tomorrow and already i'm feeling guilty - a disgraceful amount of food and drink will be consumed

first day i managed two rib steak burgers, two chicken burgers and two slices of pizza and skin full of beer. continued in similar fashion for the next three days too :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Getting a new kitchen in. Will be without a kitchen for a week. Set to live off take aways. Confessing in advance.

That happened to us 2 years ago and i paid for it for about 2 weeks!!!

That happened to us 2 years ago and i paid for it for about 2 weeks!!!

If I'd been given advance notice of the date I'd have cooked up pies, lasagne and what not at the weekend and gotten a lend of a microwave. Having the fridge and contents of the presses in the sitting room might be a bit dangerous...

• Registered Users Posts: 23 superchip

ring of kerry on sat and have had Chinese more times this month than cycles .Dow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

I just found this thread......if we are talking crap food, I'm in!!!
    Yesterday I had to take my bike for service over lunch and didn't have time to eat my usual proper mid-day fare of tuna fish and ice-cream, so instead I ate mass quantities of M&Ms.....and yes, in 96 degree weather they DO melt in your hands.

Advertisement