Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Confession Box - get it off your chest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭BennyMul

Im so weak, there was a get together and I gave into sweat things,
    2 slices of coffee cake, a flap jacks and chockie biscuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

This thread is hilarious. What happened to DQS and the likes? I used to feel so bad reading your logs at the start of the year thinking I was the only one who ate waaayy too much crap. It's great that I'm not alone :D:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

New packet of rich tea in the press.

Want whole packet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Here's one I've been saving for a few weeks. Went into Decathlon, while in France, to buy a bike helmet. My bike is orange, white, and grey- I see a helmet in orange, white, and grey. Dilemma one, it's not quite the same grey, is soon overcome, it will look great anyways. Dilemma two, it doesn't really fit, and there's a yellow helmet that fits great, but doesn't match the bike...

I buy the orange helmet, proudly start off on a 40k spin along the Loire, sure that many a Frenchman will doff their beret to my matching ensemble. A few kilometers in and skin has been torn from my chaffed scalp...

Now I cycle Irish roads comfortably in a well fitting yellow hat, searching in vain for French doffers. Anyone with a narrow head looking to buy an orange helmet, PM me:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

I ate brownies (2) with vanilla ice cream for lunch today. That was it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Kurt Godel wrote: »

Now I cycle Irish roads comfortably in a well fitting yellow hat, searching in vain for French doffers. Anyone with a narrow head looking to buy an orange helmet, PM me:)

Do we have to pay extra for your skin?

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭antomagoo

Mother in law arrived with 5 different packets of biscuits today. I should go to bed but I've just made tea and it would be rude to spurn her generosity

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭littlemsfickle

Here's one I've been saving for a few weeks. Went into Decathlon, while in France, to buy a bike helmet. My bike is orange, white, and grey- I see a helmet in orange, white, and grey. Dilemma one, it's not quite the same grey, is soon overcome, it will look great anyways. Dilemma two, it doesn't really fit, and there's a yellow helmet that fits great, but doesn't match the bike...

I buy the orange helmet, proudly start off on a 40k spin along the Loire, sure that many a Frenchman will doff their beret to my matching ensemble. A few kilometers in and skin has been torn from my chaffed scalp...

I really thought this was going to go down the road of "so I bought the yellow helmet.....and then a yellow bike."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

So no on else has ate any crap in 11 days:confused::rolleyes:;)

Mrs Jones birthday yesterday so cake was had followed by 8 jumbo sausage rolls, a 12 inch pizza and of course it was washed down with some northern Itlaian red wine:)

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭d4r3n

I think I've just found out the reason for my skinniness, what the hell do you guys eat?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Mrs Jones birthday yesterday so cake was had followed by 8 jumbo sausage rolls, a 12 inch pizza and of course it was washed down with some northern Itlaian red wine:)

Saturday evening I was at a stag do. Beer, beer and more beer. Dirty fry up on Sunday morning. Hit the biscuits and the chocolates here in the office yesterday and late night for a committee meeting so I haven't had a proper dinner since Friday. I only training I've done since I crossed the line on Saturday has been some endurance work for my drinking arm, and there'll be nothing tonight either.

Feel better??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

well played

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Full pack of chocolate hob nobs dunked and devoured ... hard turbo skipped for couch too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

Will 6 cans of cider while watching the closing ceremony of the Olympics on Sunday night earn me any kudos?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Will 6 cans of cider while watching the closing ceremony of the Olympics on Sunday night earn me any kudos?

a little ye.
    Did you smash a load of food with it ????

miller82 wrote: »
    a little ye.
    Did you smash a load of food with it ????

Half a family bag of tangy cheese doritos, 2 ice cream wafers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Last friday treated myself to a full Irish after a week of black coffee, juice and muesli. No lunch, too busy, so arrived at the cinema (daughter's birthday) straight from work starvin' like Hank Marvin. Quick Big Mac Meal (my first in almost 7 years - my last was the day my son was born, again hungry desperation).
    After the movie my missus texts me from Eddie Rocket's (another batch of siblings and friends); OK, order me an Atomic Burger and Garlic Fries!

Never has being so bad felt so good - so I celebrated with a bottle of red on the couch!

cjt156 wrote: »
    Last friday treated myself to a full Irish after a week of black coffee, juice and muesli. No lunch, too busy, so arrived at the cinema (daughter's birthday) straight from work starvin' like Hank Marvin. Quick Big Mac Meal (my first in almost 7 years - my last was the day my son was born, again hungry desperation).
    After the movie my missus texts me from Eddie Rocket's (another batch of siblings and friends); OK, order me an Atomic Burger and Garlic Fries!

Never has being so bad felt so good - so I celebrated with a bottle of red on the couch!

My hat is tipped in your direction !

LEGEND!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Quality sinning!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

I've just ran 7.75 hilly miles as punishment for the 8 pints of Guinness I had last night and the durty big fry up this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    I've just ran 7.75 hilly miles as punishment for the 8 pints of Guinness I had last night and the durty big fry up this morning.

Jaysus BB67 didn't think you had in in yourself to down 8 pints of the black stuff. Punishment is good. Like pain is weakness leaving the body

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Abhainn wrote: »
    Punishment is good.
    So is chocolate.

That's 12.47km, atoning for 4.55 litres. We're all Father Trendy's this side of the confession box;)

That's 12.47km, atoning for 4.55 litres. We're all Father Trendy's this side of the confession box;)

I better not say that I was wearing an Adidas top, NB shorts, Under Armor socks, Inov8 runners and none had any lycra content!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I better not say that I was wearing an Adidas top, NB shorts, Under Armor socks, Inov8 runners and none had any lycra content!
    No, but at least you can namecheck all your kit, which is a start.

Oryx wrote: »
    No, but at least you can namecheck all your kit, which is a start.

Yup, very high Brandname:wordcount ratio, he's obviously repressing, or at least tri-curious.

Abhainn wrote: »

Jaysus BB67 didn't think you had in in yourself to down 8 pints of the black stuff. Punishment is good. Like pain is weakness leaving the body

At €3.70 a pint it would be a shame not to

In advance of the weekend i shall let it be known that tomorrow night i shall end and drink anything that is put in front of me.

Sunday will be a 16" Papa Johns pizza, bottle ( or 2 ) of good red and Colts v Bears in the NFL.

I'll deal with the shame and guilt on monday:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Race season finished yesterday.

1 bag of haribo, 2 bags of hula hoops, some Lindt chocolate for dessert last night.

Crisps, Yorkie and biscuits for lunch today :D More of the same this evening!!! ;)

Advertisement