Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Gear] New TT Bike

Options
  • 26-06-2012 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Fazz, something you want to share???

Edit: I've just noticed you went electric too. FFS, I need a new job if you can afford to be splashing out like that!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Briando

Fazz, something you want to share???

Edit: I've just noticed you went electric too. FFS, I need a new job if you can afford to be splashing out like that!!!

Spill the beans.. what did he get?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Briando wrote: »
    Spill the beans.. what did he get?

Oh, I couldn't possibly point you in the direction of the cycleways facebook page.

Oooops

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

Ah here it doesn't need it's own thread :)
    I actually went looking for the bike thread last night but didn't find it.
    You haven't been on twitter enough lately so!

Yep went mad, will find that thread later and post up pics.
    It's on my twit feed anyway also with a mini review.

- oh, and try givin up the booze, engagement and all your weddings and you'd be there too no doubt!

I should have just posted it in the science debate for the entertainment :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Fazz wrote: »
    Ah here it doesn't need it's own thread :)
    I actually went looking for the bike thread last night but didn't find it.
    You haven't been on twitter enough lately so!

Yep went mad, will find that thread later and post up pics.
    It's on my twit feed anyway also with a mini review.

- oh, and try givin up the booze, engagement and all your weddings and you'd be there too no doubt!

I should have just posted it in the science debate for the entertainment :D

I'm too busy drinking for twitter these days.

Just got confirmation of a replacement frame on my bike, so after Athlone I'll be rolling on the Exocet 2.

Now, to go searching through twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

its a super lookin bike pal, well wear with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Briando

Grats Frazz! Hope it rides as well as it looks.

Did you have to retire your other bike after Athy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Nice bike Ian well wear with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Come on Jacky get that credit card out - Fazz has overtaken you as boards big spender ;)

Beautiful bike Fazz, keep that well secure in the house, I wouldn't have been too happy with Cycleways for putting it out there like that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

catweazle wrote: »
    Come on Jacky get that credit card out - Fazz has overtaken you as boards big spender ;)

Beautiful bike Fazz, keep that well secure in the house, I wouldn't have been too happy with Cycleways for putting it out there like that

Thanks and don't worry, they had my full permission.
    It's insured, will have 2 GPS trackers on by the weekend, alarmed at home at all times and locked away v securely when not in use!

Now it's up to me and my legs to try keep it honest! ;)

catweazle wrote: »

Ha I am upgrading the road bike alright but no plans to change the P2 although I am very envious looks a class bike in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Ha I am upgrading the road bike alright but no plans to change the P2 although I am very envious looks a class bike in fairness.

Out of curiosity, why are you upgrading the road bike? I would have thought, given your goals, that you would be on the P2 over 90% of the time. I'd have thought a P2 frame and gears for the turbo would be a better investment????

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭ray o

Fazz wrote: »
    will have 2 GPS trackers on by the weekend,

Can you share a bit of info on the type of device you have for this?

pgibbo wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, why are you upgrading the road bike? I would have thought, given your goals, that you would be on the P2 over 90% of the time. I'd have thought a P2 frame and gears for the turbo would be a better investment????

Its nice to have new things to play with also the road bike is already looking weary after heavy use:) I train on the road bike Sept to Feb over the winter months and keep the P2 fresh and clean for prep and race season Feb until August. You still get the same training benefit as long as your cycling. Probably will replace out the profile design bars on the P2 though as i am not a fan of them. If i even suggested i was upgrading the P2 i would be shot:)

Advertisement