Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat Net for Cots

Options
  • 26-06-2012 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭

Anyone successfully use a cat net to stop their cats getting into the cot?

Looking for one that doesn't have ties on it as that would just be too awkward in the middle of the night.

Mothercare only have ones for prams & carrycots.

Clippasafe ones got terrible reviews on Amazon, specifically because the cat just uses it as a hammock & sinks into the cot, and also the ties are really a nuisance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

nope, unfortunately not - we had to lock the cats out of the bedroom once baby was here - and that's the way it'll stay now, just don't want to take the risk.

The cats are fine with him during the day, as in, they mainly ignore him and let him pull theirs tails/pluck fur, but I'd defo be afraid that they'd suffocate him unintentionally if we let them in at night (also, I'd be worried about ticks and stuff in the bed (that may have jumped cat, if you know what I mean - we live in the countryside with hip-high meadows...).

I'd say nets are really fidgety - you are probably better off retraining the cats to stay out of the room (ours whined and scratched at the door for a while, but have now given up it seems).

best of luck anyway! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

i too have found nothing.

again i just don't let my cat into her room or leave them alone together

my daughter is ten weeks old now and so far the cats nose is to out of joint to pay her any interest anyway.. but just to be safe our eyes are peeled.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

I wouldn't risk letting a cat near a baby while you're out of the room or asleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Thanks, yeah I don't know if I trust any of those cat nets, they really look flimsy & awkward.

Ok, will start training the cats to stay out of the bedroom now - I've a month left til the new arrival. I think it will be a nightmare for a while as they are awful door scratchers & they are very persistent!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

Just to let you know you can get canisters of air that let out a little blast of air when they detect motion of a pet. Have heard of people leaving them at a door of a room so when the cat approaches it blasts air at him to scare him off and eventually he will give up trying to enter. It's called 'ssscat' and available on amazon eBay etc. Might be worth a try?

• Advertisement
Advertisement