Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Euros 2012: Semi Finals

• 26-06-2012 4:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭

Picking a team is getting tough at this stage.

So what are you predictions for the semi-finals and how are you setting your teams up?

Who are you captaining tomorrow? Are you sticking with a Spanish player or taking a punt on Ronaldo?

Also with Postiga out who do you think will take his place? If Oliveira gets the nod then he has to be value at 4.5m.

Captain Choice For Semi-Finals (First Game) 14 votes

Silva
    0% 0 votes
    Torres
    28% 4 votes
    Xabi Alonso
    0% 0 votes
    Fàbregas
    0% 0 votes
    Busquets
    0% 0 votes
    Iniesta
    7% 1 vote
    Xavi Hernández
    7% 1 vote
    Jordi Alba
    0% 0 votes
    Piqué
    21% 3 votes
    Arbeloa
    0% 0 votes
    Sergio Ramos
    0% 0 votes
    Cristiano Ronaldo
    7% 1 vote
    Nani
    21% 3 votes
    Nélson Oliveira
    0% 0 votes
    João Moutinho
    0% 0 votes
    AN Other
    7% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Shane732 wrote: »
    Picking a team is getting tough at this stage.

So what are you predictions for the semi-finals and how are you setting your teams up?

Who are you captaining tomorrow? Are you sticking with a Spanish player or taking a punt on Ronaldo?

Also with Postiga out who do you think will take his place? If Oliveira gets the nod then he has to be value at 4.5m.

Almeida most likely. I've gone for all German and Portuguese players, out of necessity, basically :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

I really struggled with the transfers. Couldn't get a full compliment of players who will play unless I downgraded other players but didn't have enough free transfers for that.

I basically just have my starting XI and that's it. None of my bench players have any chance of playing. Have a 6 point lead that I need to hold on to.

BKC wrote: »
    I really struggled with the transfers. Couldn't get a full compliment of players who will play unless I downgraded other players but didn't have enough free transfers for that.

I basically just have my starting XI and that's it. None of my bench players have any chance of playing. Have a 6 point lead that I need to hold on to.

It was really tough alright. I should have a starting XI too, but just about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

manual_man wrote: »

It was really tough alright. I should have a starting XI too, but just about

I've been holding out on making transfers. You can hang on to eliminated players right? I have a 4.0m Czech keeper that I want to keep so I can free up funds. No need for 2 keepers at this stage

8-10 wrote: »
    I've been holding out on making transfers. You can hang on to eliminated players right? I have a 4.0m Czech keeper that I want to keep so I can free up funds. No need for 2 keepers at this stage

I have 3 eliminated players on my bench!

:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

I have 3 eliminated players on my bench!

:o

I have 12 players that are still playing.

I couldn't get 6 and 5 of two teams so I'm somewhat mixed across the board.

If Italy and Germany was 0-0 draw it would be good for me! I want a goal fest in the other match 8-7!

Private poll added in case people don't want to declare their captains on thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I only have 12 players left too. I ran through the permutations -- if Germany go out, I'm f***ed for the final. I'm counting on Italy being exhausted.

Ronaldo is first captain, probably Gomez for second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

I didn't know we got free transfers before the knock-out stage until it happened, so I was saving my wildcard for that, wastefully. Now I've got 8 free transfers I probably don't need, so I'm just going to gamble on Germany and Spain (and maybe Ronaldo), then use my WC for the final, where it'll still be ridiculously difficult to field a full team if they both go through, due to their players inflated prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I dunno what to do with my team. I think i'll hedge my bets! Need to get the balance right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Joekers

I have 3 games left to make up a 30 point gap on my league. Can it be done?

Joekers wrote: »
    I have 3 games left to make up a 30 point gap on my league. Can it be done?

Yes but you have to hope for upsets to happen and you need to pick the players that will cause the upsets.

You'll need to be banking on Portgual & Italy to do the bizz!

How many free transfers to we get before the final?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

How many free transfers to we get before the final?

It's in the rules on the FF site,8 for this week,can't remember for the final.

I did some amazing financial juggling to get a full complement of players,Ulster Bank should hire me this week.:D (a couple haven't a hope of being picked) Wanted Ozil but simply couldn't afford him no matter what I did,good news is Schweinsteiger is fully fit again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Joekers

Dempsey wrote: »
    Yes but you have to hope for upsets to happen and you need to pick the players that will cause the upsets.

You'll need to be banking on Portgual & Italy to do the bizz!
    Yea thats what I was thinking, I think the best chance of an upset is Portugal beating Spain and I know my opponent at the top of my league will have spanish/german mix of team so ive gone with 6 from germany and 4 from portugal with 1 from italy.
    Cmon the Portugal :D

Anyone hear the teams yet?

Anyone hear the teams yet?

Bit early yet chief. 6:45-7 I reckon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Has to be 75 mins before so it can't be later than half 6.

Apparently Negredo is starting for Spain. 7.8 up front, good option. We'll see if he definitely is starting soon though. Also, Almeida is in for Postiga.

There is going to be some scramble once the teams are announced.

I'm more worried about the German lineup tomorrow night! Very risky

• Advertisement

The deadline is half 7 not half 6, right? :eek: And it's confirmed. The same line-ups for both teams except Negredo is now in, and up front, for Spain and Almeida in for Portugal. I don't know who has made way for Negredo though??? Anyone know?

20.30 CET = 19.30 GMT

This team is tough to pick? I have 8.4 left. Either Prilo, Alonso or Moutinho, what do ye think? I would jump on Pirlo but if they can't score against England, they won't score against Germany.

Portugal Patricio/Perreira Alves Pepe Coentrao/Meireles Veloso Moutinho/Nani Almeida Ronaldo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Just swapped Torres for Negredo. He's scored 6 goals in 11 internationals. Presume he'll be playing as a lone striker?

Spain team to play Portugal: Casillas; Arbeloa, Ramos, Piqué, Alba; Busquets, Alonso, Xavi, Iniesta, Silva & Negredo.

Just swapped Torres for Negredo. He's scored 6 goals in 11 internationals. Presume he'll be playing as a lone striker?

He is

Team picked, I dumped Ronaldo & Nani to beef up defence and midfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Spain team to play Portugal: Casillas; Arbeloa, Ramos, Piqué, Alba; Busquets, Alonso, Xavi, Iniesta, Silva & Negredo.

Ok since I was planning on taking Cesc and instead took Negredo I have 1.0 to spend. Who should I upgrade to of my defence: Hummels, Alba, Badstuber, Pereira or Boateng?

I'm thinking either one of the Germans to Lahm or one of the Iberians to Piqué?

• Advertisement

Drop Silva for Negredo and upgrade Nélson Oliveira to Hugo Almeida?

Hmmm.... Balls!

Advertisement