Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

15,5 min bike improvement. 7 min run improvemnt

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

peter kern wrote: »
    than ask people who is john hellermans
    and they shrug their shoulders.

Interesting guy Peter.

Most people that do tri are very new to it and may or may not follow the PRO circuit. So unless you have a keen interest in the history of the sport or have been around for a long time then most wouldn't have a clue who he is. Is 4 years the average duration for people sticking with triathlon?

Besides, most people are so busy shopping for the latest gadget they don't have time to research guys like him :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

tunney wrote: »
    Whats this if not PB3 marketing? :)

Annoying at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Anyone would think Peter is stuck for a few athletes with the sales pitch in this thread and the sport science one!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

sorry to have hurt your feelings.
    I was asked what was the improvement, and I said what the reson of the improvement was and I dont think I said it was coaching that was the main reason for the improvement.
    than you mentioned cost and i can prove to you that she has more price money income than coaching cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

2500 euro till the end of the year

sweet ****, triathletes do love spending money :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

you can ask LCD if he thinks Iam short of athletes ;-)

Thats only because you don't seem to coach any guys, except Paul Carroll!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭longshank

I just think there are a lot of bluffers out there in the sports/fitness coaching world and the good ones can be hard to find.
    quote.

dosnt this go with everything from A -Z and not just sport.
    banks Politicians etc etc

ye and look what happened when we trusted them.....and interestingly doing the same thing bluffer coaches do i.e. pushing too hard for short term success without adequate knowledge of what is really going on and without a thought for the long term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

how many world champs has joe friel coached anyways. Since we are at this point . Or total immersion for arguments sake ?

people buy marketing so the sports industry gives them bull ****.

Is the only indicator of coaching success world champs?

How many people has Joe Friel influenced or motivated just through his writing?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭longshank

Is the only indicator of coaching success world champs?

How many people has Joe Friel influenced or motivated just through his writing?

+1 :you could even argue that coaching world champions is easy and purely luck and that getting the best out of less talented people with no spare time requires a much better coach. I bet a monkey could coach the Brownlees and they would still win!

Advertisement