Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,015 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Pretty dreadful episode

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

archfi wrote: »
    I wonder how much Nesbitt got paid for his photo?

Sponsored by www.obvioushairpiece.com :)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭PetitPois89

Well that was disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hollyworth

Why was Kate on the run at the start?? I still don't get it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,495 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Touch of the Bin Laden raid there at the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Jesus, Maria, Jose y en burro pequeño.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Absolutely ****e episode.

Kate Fleming hotshot driver and skilled marksman.

The no comment stuff was wayy too much, the point was made.

The bad guys are now way too dastardly. The OCG don't seem to actually do anything except be impossibly evil with no sign of any actual motivation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Talisman

On a positive note, Nesbitt won't have the opportunity to ruin the series. :cool:

The only redeeming aspect of this episode is Nesbitt not being in it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Anyone think there is more to the Marcus Thurwell character and not actually dead?

Strange they'd have James Nesbitt in for a couple pics only.

• Advertisement

Talisman wrote: »
    On a positive note, Nesbitt won't have the opportunity to ruin the series. :cool:

Very very positive :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭touts

Document 39 a record of text conversation between Line of Duty Producer and BBC show contractor.

Producer: Great news we just finished all 6 of the Line of Duty episodes.
    BBC: That's great. When will episode 7 be ready.
    Producer. No Comment
    BBC. You do know it is 7 episodes.
    Producer No comment
    BBC Jesus Mary Joseph and the wee little donkey it's supposed to 7 episodes.
    Producer. What was that line again...... I think we just found the hook for a new episode 6.

Anyone think there is more to the Marcus Thurwell character and not actually dead?

God I hope there's not more to it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I think the Nesbitt thing was a red herring. He’s a “name” actor so it leaves viewers thinking Jesus it must be him, he’s got to be “H”. But Nesbitt has just done a (crap imo) series with the same writer as LOD so he probably lent his face to LOD as part of all that deal for the other show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Queue Ted saying "He hasn't gone away you know"?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,141 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Terrible episode. Carmichael, I don't trust her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,088 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Lot of questions after that episode, baffling behaviour from Kate, Jo looks like she's a dead dead women walking. Wheres it all going to end.

Thought Kelly Mcdonald was phenomenal.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

JoeA3 wrote: »
    I think the Nesbitt thing was a red herring. He’s a “name” actor so it leaves viewers thinking Jesus it must be him, he’s got to be “H”. But Nesbitt has just done a (crap imo) series with the same writer as LOD so he probably lent his face to LOD as part of all that deal for the other show.

After the bloodlands disaster, he'll like take anything going :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭appledrop

The Mig wrote: »
    Such a let down of an episode

Yeah like wtf was the point of this episode?

Why the F**k would Kate do a runner with Jo?

None of it makes any sense to me.

All pointless, a very poor episode.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,495 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Twitter thinks Nesbitt was in police gear, on camera.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Fantastic episode again. Those moaning might want to train their attention spans! The interview was so well done with the delicate push and pull of what Jo Davidson would and would not reveal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

archfi wrote: »
    I wonder how much Nesbitt got paid for his photo?

Possibly a favour to Mercurio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Talisman

razorblunt wrote: »
    Bebop and Rocksteady come down then to intimidate give me a break.
    Davidson would be under watchful eyes 24/7, they’d be booted especially after the solicitor and her partner getting her wrist broken.

It’s jumped the shark big time this series but this episode in particular is too much.

Also “Alright?.... Alright?!” can get in the bin too.
    That was the point Steve made, she is under surveillance so nobody can get to her without getting past the CCTV cameras. My guess is that Farida Jatri will identify who she was assaulted by after she is released.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,842 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Kelly Macdonald was fantastic in the episode you genuinely believe she was terrified for her life throughout every scene see was in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,088 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Kelly Mcdonald was fantastic in the episode you genuinely believe was terrified for her life throughout every scene see was in.

Outstanding.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,286 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

The woman dead with Thurwell has to be Jo's Mum and Thurwell is the man she thought was her father, Jo was giving the no comment answers because she knew her Mum was alive and Thurwell would kill her if Jo gave him up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Yeah. It hard to get a grasp at what her deal is. Doubt she’s bent.

probably not , just a hateful c u next tuesday

Lot of questions after that episode, baffling behaviour from Kate, Jo looks like she's a dead dead women walking. Wheres it all going to end.

Thought Kelly Mcdonald was phenomenal.

Yes, Jo was quite broken. I didn't feel sorry for her, but liked the performance.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,125 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Carmichael is keeping it clear of Osborne and any talk of police corruption.

I reckon she's just a jobber. He told her to do a job and that she would take over from Ted when the AC's were merged.

A career copper. Not bent, not gullible but pragmatic.

• Advertisement

The car chase/escape was pathetic, the interview was good, lots of unanswered questioned, the spainish police raid was just bizzare, hopefully last episode will be better

Advertisement