Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

Kelly Macdonald was fantastic in the episode you genuinely believe she was terrified for her life throughout every scene see was in.

She’s an absolutely brilliant actress. Always has been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,015 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Twitter thinks Nesbitt was in police gear, on camera.

I wouldn't believe everything on social media :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Maybe the weakest Big Long Interview of the entire show's run

Hopefully next week brings better

Touch of the Bin Laden raid there at the end.

John Gilligan I was thinking!

She’s an absolutely brilliant actress. Always has been.

Yes, have to agree, she's by far the best character in this series

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I liked the episode

Pulling info from Jo was like pulling teeth but that's to be expected is it not? She's absolutely terrified and confirms the belief that she isn't an active member of the OCG but an unwilling participant

I'm wondering what they will find under the floor of the workshop, judging by the tools they had sounds like they were disposing of a body?

I think Kate went on the run with Jo to get information out of her, she knew if she called it in Jo wouldn't go on the record - or at least that what's makes sense to me

John Gilligan I was thinking!

LOL :) or perhaps the Monk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭duffman13

Kelly Mcdonald in Episode 1, I thought she was awful.

Shes been brilliant in the last couple particularly tonight. Not a great episode from a story telling perspective but she was excellent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭appledrop

Kelly Macdonald was fantastic in the episode you genuinely believe she was terrified for her life throughout every scene see was in.

She was outstanding, the only thing about the episode that was worth watching.

I thought she was going to throw up when they told her Tommy Hunter was he father.

I still don't understand why Kate seems to have gone a bit loopy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,612 ✭✭✭archfi

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Fantastic episode again. Those moaning might want to train their attention spans! The interview was so well done with the delicate push and pull of what Jo Davidson would and would not reveal.
    I did enjoy that - I'd have watched 60 minutes of an interview tbh

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Fantastic episode again. Those moaning might want to train their attention spans! The interview was so well done with the delicate push and pull of what Jo Davidson would and would not reveal.

I really enjoyed the episode too. Except for the stuff with Kate at the start. But the interview, despite all the "no comments" was excellent.

Also think there will be another season now.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Carmichael is keeping it clear of Osborne and any talk of police corruption.

I reckon she's just a jobber. He told her to do a job and that she would take over from Ted when the AC's were merged.

A career copper. Not bent, not gullible but pragmatic.

Great catch

Because she actually says she's pragmatic to Kate in the closing minutes tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hollyworth

Kate was such a smart, switched on woman in previous series. Has she had a lobotomy now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Is Buckles bent then or what?

Hollyworth wrote: »
    Kate was such a smart, switched on woman in previous series. Has she had a lobotomy now?

Yeah it's not making an ounce of sense to me.

I've loved Kate since season 1, I don't know whats going on.

I'm hoping it's some big twist and she is not losing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

Maybe it's just to leave us guessing and the final hour next week will be as intense as the Lakewell shooting episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,333 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jesus, Mary and Joseph and the wee donkey

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

siblers wrote: »

I think his only real crime is that he's an idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sstec

Well he took part in a murder last week, aided one at least, so now he is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Talisman

Carmichael is clearing him of all charges.

Razor eyes and ears on LOD Reddit

I said last week that Chris was going to be this season's "dodgy cop in plain sight"
    During the telephone call Chris Lomax was on before Steve and Kate approached him at the industrial unit, Chris finished the call by saying “meet you at the red lion at 8pm”.

Isn’t this the same pub Carl Banks boasted about the murder of Gail Vella before he was killed? Might be a OCG meeting ground

VQGaMfgRzbwWbkxHqZzLgP-1200-80.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭guapos

Kate running from police, why? and Police rushing to save Kate from two people they've had under surveillance and then arrested for murder of one of them? Awful episode

Hard to tell, Jo definitely set him up but other stuff doesn't add up either so he could still be bent.

The fact Carmichael is clearing him would make me suspect he is bent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,333 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Osbourne is the 4th man?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,512 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

sstec wrote: »
    Well he took part in a murder last week, aided one at least, so now he is.

what murder did he take part in?

guapos wrote: »
    Kate running from police, why? and Police rushing to save Kate from two people they've had under surveillance and then arrested for murder of one of them? Awful episode

Yeah I'm scratching my head at this one.

Like so what if she killed Ryan he held a gun to her head. Why did she go on run and why did Jo have to take the hit for her and say she killed him.

Makes no god damn sense to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭General Toilet

what murder did he take part in?
    Jimmy Lakewell.

Haha

LOD Reddit
    4 taps on the pad from Carmichael a signal? This show has me jumping at all shadows

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,512 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Jimmy Lakewell.

he didn't take part in it. He was there but he had no part in it. he was a witness to a murder certainly but he didn't take part in it.

Advertisement