Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭appledrop

OK I can't believe I'm saying this but part of me is so pissed off at tonight's episode that I nearly don't want to watch next weeks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

:)

We've all worked with at least one "as per my last email" person

https://twitter.com/Beccaakeen/status/1386428762934284290

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,125 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Haha

LOD Reddit

I did think that was rather strange, the only time she seemed to show a flicker of getting annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hollyworth

That part when Kate and Jo were giving themselves up, standing outside the car, with the police and helicopter surrounding them, and Kate says "Jo, we're being set up" or something to that effect... Erm, what?

Set up about what?

I was thinking at first that Kate was acting up in front of Jo to get her to talk or something but that wasn't the case. I really don't understand what the hell happened in the first 20 minutes of that episode.

appledrop wrote: »
    OK I can't believe I'm saying this but part of me is so pissed off at tonight's episode that I nearly don't want to watch next weeks!

I think we've all built up LOD as such a huge thing that we want a 10/10 episode every time

I once thought Season 5 was very weak, but on a rewatch this year: it's actually excellent

A lot hangs on next week's episode as to how this season is marked overall

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,494 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Tune in next week where AC-12 reveal institutional theft of gold, frankincense, and myrrh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

It's handy the cyber crime expert is fluent in Spanish!
    Donde esta el bent coppers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭appledrop

Hollyworth wrote: »
    That part when Kate and Jo were giving themselves up, standing outside the car, with the police and helicopter surrounding them, and Kate says "Jo, we're being set up" or something to that effect... Erm, what?

Set up about what?

I was thinking at first that Kate was acting up in front of Jo to get her to talk or something but that wasn't the case. I really don't understand what the hell happened in the first 20 minutes of that episode.

Yep I just kept saying to my husband wtf is going on with this. It just kept getting worse and her saying Steve had given her up.

Loopy is the only way yo describe it.

There better be some twist or I'm done with LOD!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Weakish episode i thought. Like others i was very confused at the start when Kate went on the run. I still am.

Think Ryan's death was dealt with poorly also. Should really have seen the inside of an interview room. Just very understated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

So Jo dad is Turwell is what I got from the end of it, or her adoptive dad

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Piehead

This is utter nonsense. Full of plot holes. It’s so poorly written real case of emperor’s clothes here. It’s tied itself in knots like Lost. Pure dung. It’s stinks

Piehead wrote: »
    This is utter nonsense. Full of plot holes. It’s so poorly written real case of emperor’s clothes here. It’s tied itself in knots like Lost. Pure dung. It’s stinks

And like Lost, it's all about the TV journey

Besides, give Mercurio a chance to pull it all together first

There's time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭raclle

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Carmichael is keeping it clear of Osborne and any talk of police corruption.

I reckon she's just a jobber. He told her to do a job and that she would take over from Ted when the AC's were merged.

A career copper. Not bent, not gullible but pragmatic.
    Well based on this episode nobody is going to get any info while she's in the interview room. Its a probably a bit too obvious she's in on it with Osbourne but I hope that is the case. Is the trackers on the cars a bit of a giveaway too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

he didn't take part in it. He was there but he had no part in it. he was a witness to a murder certainly but he didn't take part in it.

He knew it was going to happen and was told to watch what happens to a rat. He's bent.

And incompetent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 44 Loverlyhorse

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Jesus, Mary and Joseph and the wee donkey

Yeah that was cringy as hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Twitter thinks Nesbitt was in police gear, on camera.
    Twitter also thought Neil Morrissey was the dude from the OCG with the beard at the phone drop

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭fitz

I took it that Kate was trying to get information out of Jo before bringing her in, and she reckoned she had time cause no-one would know where they were, but when they got chased, she reckoned she'd been sold out and was worried about a trigger-happy AFO who was in on it, who'd "see her go for a weapon" or something and shoot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,512 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

raclle wrote: »
    Well based on this episode nobody is going to get any info while she's in the interview room. Its a probably a bit too obvious she's in on it with Osbourne but I hope that is the case. Is the trackers on the cars a bit of a giveaway too

I don't she is in on it in the sense that osbourne is bent and she is too. It is entirely possible that osbourne is bent but carmichael has been given strict instructions by osbourne and to further her career she is following them to the letter. to the letter.

He knew it was going to happen and was told to watch what happens to a rat. He's bent.

And incompetent.

entirely possible he is bent and incompetent. he didnt take part in the murder though.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Louis Friend

The big twist must be based on what Jimmy Lakewell told Steve before he died.

would the other police not notice there was somebody there they didn't know?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Louis Friend

would the other police not notice there was somebody there they didn't know?

And why would the Spanish police say that the dead guy on the floor was Marcus?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

"Only" an hour episode next week it seems. Was hoping that it'd be a bit longer like some other finales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,283 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I’m really not enjoying this series at all, it just looks so jaded now I think it has run its course, kinda wished it was all over tbh.

I'm trying to find a screengrab of it now on Twitter

Anyone see it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭raclle

I don't she is in on it in the sense that osbourne is bent and she is too. It is entirely possible that osbourne is bent but carmichael has been given strict instructions by osbourne and to further her career she is following them to the letter. to the letter.
    What I'm wondering though is how they'll get her out of the interview room unless she's incriminated. She won't let the conversation steer in the way of police corruption

And why would the Spanish police say that the dead guy on the floor was Marcus?
    that as well. The spanish police knew who they were looking for and what he looked like. that he could standing next to them in tactical gear in a little far-fetched.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭General Toilet

Did anyone see the email from Occupational Health to Steve?

Looks like he is in the sh1t deep.

Advertisement