Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I don't she is in on it in the sense that osbourne is bent and she is too. It is entirely possible that osbourne is bent but carmichael has been given strict instructions by osbourne and to further her career she is following them to the letter. to the letter.
    I think this is more likely.
    She wants to progress is clearly seriously ambitious.

So who are the most likely candidates for H?
    Everyone is saying Osborne? I guess there is a reason why he is in so many clips at start, what about Wise Ted's direct boss?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,512 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

ShineOn7 wrote: »

Welll, it doesn't look like him. That's the first clue...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

CoBo55 wrote: »
    I’m really not enjoying this series at all, it just looks so jaded now I think it has run its course, kinda wished it was all over tbh.
    I'm still really enjoying it but definitely gone a tad OTT and needs some new ideas.
    I think end the H storyline if they are going to come back and start on something totally new in next series plenty of things they could do.

The show that really deserves all the hype and attention imo is Unforgotten...the latest series of it was terrific

Did anyone see the email from Occupational Health to Steve?

Looks like he is in the sh1t deep.

That and the money Ted gave Scouse Ma will probably "cancel each other out" next week

Welll, it doesn't look like him. That's the first clue...

See my follow up

I agree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭De Bhál

That episode was just a filler episode. One full hour of pretty much nothing.
    That whole thing with Kate not giving up her gun and arnott having to walk out to her....pure time wasting bull. That whole scene went against her character completely.

Also how did Carmichael not question Kate there and then about her side of the pilkington killing? Straight away Kate's story wouldn't have matched Jo Davidson's. Nope, Kate's back out of active duty straight away. Ridiculous

An enjoyable show but that episode had too many silly parts for me.

I was also happy that Jimmy Nesbitt's dead as I can't stand him as an actor. Unfortunately they didn't show the deads faces so no doubt he's still alive. No way he's on the show just to be used as a photo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I thought Thurwell was the Spanish cop too! It was the eyebrows. The Spanish cop had very dark eyebrows and it's the first thing I noticed in the picture of Thurwell that they showed on the computer system. I think at this stage, I'm just trying to find answers everywhere and anywhere.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I think Kate went on the run with Jo to get information out of her, she knew if she called it in Jo wouldn't go on the record - or at least that what's makes sense to me

No Kate had to act like an idiot so we could see Jo is not a baddie (by putting her hand on the gun). No other reason. Kate kept saying we are being setup which is ludicrous. She had told Steve what she was doing and where she was. Under no circumstances should she have feared being done for killing Ryan. Sometimes LOD gets very silly just to make something happen but it was over-stretching tonight.

Osborne: "Those within will be punished"

Just as the prison door closes on Davidson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭Ned Led Zeppo

Carmichael has to be the BADDIE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

They've update the comment on Alexa when you ask Who is H.

The wee donkey has made it.

Okay, I am going to put forward the most ludicrous theory I can think of...

Tommy Hunter had an identical twin brother, the family were always involved in crime, the twin joined the police with the intent of him being an inside man and Tommy took over the crime mob. The twin was Jo's dad and her being told her dad was a bent copper is actually true. Tommy Hunter is still alive.

If any of that is true then just cancel the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,512 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Tommy Hunter had an identical twin brother, the family were always involved in crime, the twin joined the police with the intent of him being an inside man and Tommy took over the crime mob. The twin was Jo's dad and her being told her dad was a bent copper is actually true. Tommy Hunter is still alive.

it couldn't be true. If tommy hunter had an identical twin brother who was a police officer then they would have found him as a match when they searched for davidsons dna.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hollyworth

I've seen people elsewhere say that Kate ran off with Jo because she didn't believe Jo was bent. Since when is Kate so stupid? The old Kate would have taken Jo into custody for trying to have her killed.

I really feel like there was about a 20 minute scene that took place between the end of last week's episode and the beginning of this week's one that the BBC forgot to air.

• Advertisement

it couldn't be true. If tommy hunter had an identical twin brother who was a police officer then they would have found him as a match when they searched for davidsons dna.

They did, an identical twin would have the same DNA as Tommy Hunter, also they have pointed out that not all police officers were on the database.

Also my theory is ludicrous.

It seems to me that the only purpose of the Kate on the run mini story thread was to have the scene of her showing off her stunt driving skills.

An embarrassing scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭qwabercd

My (definitely wrong, and full of holes) theory is that Buckells is H, in a Keyser soze type turn.

qwabercd wrote: »
    My (definitely wrong, and full of holes) theory is that Buckells is H, in a Keyser soze type turn.

Looks like there's some pubs secretly back open ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Lockheed

Jimmy Nesbitt on LOD as an image and then as a corpse is the funniest thing on TV so far this year. No wonder he was complaining about not getting a role on Line Of Duty hahahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,507 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

VinLieger wrote: »
    The woman dead with Thurwell has to be Jo's Mum and Thurwell is the man she thought was her father, Jo was giving the no comment answers because she knew her Mum was alive and Thurwell would kill her if Jo gave him up.

How would there be an inquest report on her if the mum was alive and well and living it up in Spain?
    CoBo55 wrote: »
    I’m really not enjoying this series at all, it just looks so jaded now I think it has run its course, kinda wished it was all over tbh.

The same. I'm glad I wasn't the only one completely confuddled by tonight's episode - at this stage I'm not even trying to follow as I'm watching, I just let it wash over me and hope some bits might make sense by the end (not a lot did tonight), and trust that social media will explain all eventually!

It's all so utterly bonkers and unrealistic that I'm getting kinda sick of it, the interviews are turning into bigger parodies with every one. The idea that they'd got all those forensic reports and test results done by the time they were doing the first interview......

And then Kate just snapping straight back onto duty and "I'm grand, mate".

Yeah.

But I'm utterly intrigued to see how on earth they're going to pull it all together even vaguely credibly in just one more hour!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

qwabercd wrote: »

I posted the same theory too a good few pages back and still sticking with it's possibility.
    Not as far fetched as half the other things that have happened in recent episodes.

I'm sorry to keep focusing on Kate going on the run with Jo, but.... It was so damn stupid.

Even if Kate and Jo hadn't been "set up" as Kate said (still don't get what that means) and they went into hiding, what was Kate's plan?

Go on the run with the woman who conspired to kill you because you shot and killed the guy who tried to killed you with the help of the woman you're in the run with... Erm, OK.

Also, I've seen people comment to the effect of "Kate got Jo out of there because she knew Jo wasn't bent"... Wait, what? In what world is Jo not bent? She most definitely is bent. Yes, she may be forced into it, but she's still bent.

If I was a cop and another cop lured me to my death, I wouldn't have any sympathy for them or their situation. I don't think the Kate from seasons 1 to 5 would have either.

• Advertisement

Hollyworth wrote: »
    I'm sorry to keep focusing on Kate going on the run with Jo, but.... It was so damn stupid.

Even if Kate and Jo hadn't been "set up" as Kate said (still don't get what that means) and they went into hiding, what was Kate's plan?

Go on the run with the woman who conspired to kill you because you shot and killed the guy who tried to killed you with the help of the woman you're in the run with... Erm, OK.

Also, I've seen people comment to the effect of "Kate got Jo out of there because she knew Jo wasn't bent"... Wait, what? In what world is Jo not bent? She most definitely is bent. Yes, she may be forced into it, but she's still bent.

If I was a cop and another cop lured me to my death, I wouldn't have any sympathy for them or their situation. I don't think the Kate from seasons 1 to 5 would have either.

What Kate did was so inconsistent with her character, and by going along with Jo's half baked "I killed Ryan" nonsense she effectively became a bent copper herself.

On another note, how long have they been tracking AC - 12 cars? Do they know Steve has been visiting Corbett's wife? Will they find the 50k...

Advertisement