Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Ryan dying off screen was rather shíte I thought

He was the Joffrey of LOD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,507 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

How did they track Kate and Jo in Steve's private car?

And did Jo really pick up a gun from a copper who had just been threatening to kill a colleague, stuff it down her waistband, and just waltz off with it?? She who's apparently not even firearms trained?

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    How did they track Kate and Jo in Steve's private car?

Trackers were placed on AC 12 cars

Was mentioned by Charmichael

ShineOn7 wrote: »

They'd be within rights to track work cars, but putting a tracker on his private car would involve an open criminal investigation against Steve.

But that wasn't his work car. He's been driving a big lump of a Volvo lately. And since when have police forces been handing out sexy little sports numbers? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hollyworth

Does anyone else think this show has turned into 24?

The bent coppers/agents, the brooding glances, the whispering characters, the annoying boss who shows up and takes over the chain of command, the convoluted attempt to tie together events from previous seasons.

I'm leaning towards Mercurio announcing one final season on May Bank Holiday Monday

https://twitter.com/lovelylornieloo/status/1386426026419359744

They'd be within rights to track work cars, but putting a tracker on his private car would involve an open criminal investigation against Steve.
    But that wasn't his work car. He's been driving a big lump of a Volvo lately. And since when have police forces been handing out sexy little sports numbers? :confused:

Good points

Maybe this is how Ted survives against Charmichael

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Hollyworth wrote: »
    I'm sorry to keep focusing on Kate going on the run with Jo, but.... It was so damn stupid.

Even if Kate and Jo hadn't been "set up" as Kate said (still don't get what that means) and they went into hiding, what was Kate's plan?

Go on the run with the woman who conspired to kill you because you shot and killed the guy who tried to killed you with the help of the woman you're in the run with... Erm, OK.

Also, I've seen people comment to the effect of "Kate got Jo out of there because she knew Jo wasn't bent"... Wait, what? In what world is Jo not bent? She most definitely is bent. Yes, she may be forced into it, but she's still bent.

If I was a cop and another cop lured me to my death, I wouldn't have any sympathy for them or their situation. I don't think the Kate from seasons 1 to 5 would have either.

I'm really struggling to understand why Kate is so determined to protect Jo. I'm guessing there must be some logical explanation in the finale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Talisman

551383.jpg
    According to the GPS coordinates the arrest took place at this location. [URL="/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d52.438611!4d-1.912778"]52:26:19N 1:54:46W[/URL]

The residents at that address might not thank Jed Mercurio, but at least we know the series is set in Birmingham. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Shocker of an episode tonight. Probably the worst of this series.

Why has Jo decided to take the blame for shooting Ryan ? Was Kate not in her lawful right to have shot him ?

Shocker of an episode tonight. Probably the worst of this series.

Why has Jo decided to take the blame for shooting Ryan ? Was Kate not in her lawful right to have shot him ?

So many questions! From one episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,612 ✭✭✭archfi

:)

We've all worked with at least one "as per my last email" person

https://twitter.com/Beccaakeen/status/1386428762934284290
    Nailed it! :D

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

Why has Jo decided to take the blame for shooting Ryan ?

Penance for her past actions

Plus she was genuinely attracted to Kate

Talisman wrote: »
    551383.jpg
    According to the GPS coordinates the arrest took place at this location. [URL="/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d52.438611!4d-1.912778"]52:26:19N 1:54:46W[/URL]

The residents at that address might not thank Jed Mercurio, but at least we know the series is set filmed in Birmingham. :)

FYP :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Its filmed in Belfast?

Anna Maxwell Martin (Carmichael) trolling hard on Instagram again ;)

bjjxu72zeev61.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,096 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

If there happened to be a Nobel Prize for smugness, I think we all know who'd be a dead cert for getting it :pac:

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Its filmed in Belfast?

Hmm, yeah, some of it is anyway. Good point.

But given they've never mentioned where it's set, I can hardly see them dickying up some GPS coordinates just to place it somewhere. I assumed they just filmed the helicopter shots there.

But hey, just more questions!

The first series was filmed in Birmingham. Since then it has been filmed at various locations around Belfast.

See Belfast Telegraph article

• Advertisement

Hmm, yeah, some of it is anyway. Good point.

But given they've never mentioned where it's set, I can hardly see them dickying up some GPS coordinates just to place it somewhere. I assumed they just filmed the helicopter shots there.

But hey, just more questions!
    Well obviously they did because the street where the arrest took place is nothing like the street at those coordinates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Penance for her past actions

Plus she was genuinely attracted to Kate

Still confusing though. She was authorised to carry a gun due to a potential threat to her life from Ryan/OCG. Ok fine.

Ryan, who is known to be OCG and essentially the new caddy pulled a gun on her, she lawfully shoots him dead. That's fine too.

So why the need for Davidson to take the blame ?

This is definitely going to come back on Kate. The double tap and the gunpowder residue.

As already said the Kate in tonights episode was not the same Kate from series 1-5.

People on LOD Reddit are also saying Carmicael clicked her pen 4 times before some of Jo's "no comment" replies

This is in addition to her tapping the pad 4 times

I'll need to go back and watch it, but possible coded warnings to Jo if this is the case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭trashcan

Still confusing though. She was authorised to carry a gun due to a potential threat to her life from Ryan/OCG. Ok fine.

Ryan, who is known to be OCG and essentially the new caddy pulled a gun on her, she lawfully shoots him dead. That's fine too.

So why the need for Davidson to take the blame ?

This is definitely going to come back on Kate. The double tap and the gunpowder residue.

As already said the Kate in tonights episode was not the same Kate from series 1-5.

It definitely doesn’t make sense, unless something else happened which hasn’t been revealed yet. Even at that it would seem like a stretch. Kate shooting Ryan was an absolute case of self defence. Jo even mentioned in her interview that she was entitled to use lethal force to save a life under threat, so Kate would be absolutely entitled to act in self defence. There was no need for her to go on the run (except to try and protect Jo) and no reason why Jo needed to take the blame for the shooting. I’m hoping they can explain that next week. Plus, they never showed any conversation between Kate and Steve where he let her take his car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

I liked the episode

Pulling info from Jo was like pulling teeth but that's to be expected is it not? She's absolutely terrified and confirms the belief that she isn't an active member of the OCG but an unwilling participant

I'm wondering what they will find under the floor of the workshop, judging by the tools they had sounds like they were disposing of a body?

I think Kate went on the run with Jo to get information out of her, she knew if she called it in Jo wouldn't go on the record - or at least that what's makes sense to me

It was a decent throwback to when Denton searched for Carly Kirk in the auto shop. What body/bodies they will find under there depends on which characters are still missing and/or presumed dead. That was maybe the only decent hook of the episode.

Bent Thurwell as Jo's fake da and then found killed was very soap opera, like a Coronation Street Cluedo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Trying to fathom why Kate and Jo went on the run as well and it occurred to me that maybe Kate feared a situation where it was her word against Jo's and Jo would have the support of the OCG. But Jo had Ryan's gun so would she go with Kate, I dunno man like like others have said, it feels like there's a whole scene missing and it doesn't exain Kate suddenly thinking Steve was setting her up.

Watching back the interview again and Kelly MacDonald gave a brilliant performance, she really added depth to the character in this episode and her story explains so much of her previous behaviors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,466 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Finding it so strange how people either like episodes this year or absolutely hate them. There seems to be barely any middle ground and a lot of the serial complaining on here is borderline hysterical. People need to chill a bit. Or stop watching if it's annoying you that much.

I thought it was a very good penultimate episode setting up the finale very nicely. The interview was exhausting and Kelly McDonald was excellent throughout. Sometimes it's the psychology and emotion that makes it not massive revelations and chaos.
    siblers wrote: »
    I'm really struggling to understand why Kate is so determined to protect Jo. I'm guessing there must be some logical explanation in the finale

Found it a bit odd myself but I think it's because Jo is the last link that AC12 have in this investigation. With Ryan gone, there's nobody left so maybe it's a decision to keep the investigation on life support. And in some ways Kate is right, as bent as Jo is, she's a puppet for someone so going after them is probably more important.
    FunLover18 wrote: »
    ... and it doesn't exain Kate suddenly thinking Steve was setting her up.

I think this is fairly straightforward. The only way anyone would know on the face of it how they tracked her in Steve's personal car would be if Steve let the cat out of the bag that Kate would take it, nobody else would know. Trackers on personal vehicles seems completely unexpected and not the done thing so Kate wouldn't suspect that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Did people seriously think Nesbitt could be under the mask of the Spanish police officer? That'd be the stupidest twist in TV history.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

qwabercd wrote: »
    My (definitely wrong, and full of holes) theory is that Buckells is H, in a Keyser soze type turn.
    Lots of holes as you say.
    One example why would he be shaking like mad from nerves while pouring out milk in prison if he is the feared H

Advertisement