Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hollyworth

From this point forward, Hastings shall be referred to as Sheriff Woody. You pull a string on his back and he blurts out a catchphrase.

Before you know it, on next week's episode, he'll be in the interview room and he'll roll his eyes and say "there's a snake in my boots."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Ryan dying off screen was rather shíte I thought

He was the Joffrey of LOD

Given the popularity of Ryan as "Best Villain 2021", we might get to see his death in the next series as a flashback.
    Similar to
    Dot's death and the Morse code message

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

Cal4567 wrote: »
    I've just started watching Line of Duty. Series 1. Feels like I'm in a parellel universe to you all.

Binge watching the rest. Aiming to have done so by Sunday. It's a quiet week otherwise.

Best way to do it, I started that myself and on last episode of series 4. Was watching with Misses last night and she was "who is that?" "who is this Tommy person?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I'm fully convinced BBC don't subscribe to the "law of diminishing returns" theory but more the "law of dropping off a cliff" instead.
    It's turned to pure muck.
    Osbourne would make perfect sense to be H from where the show started out as but given how ludicrous its become I wouldn't put it past being the good community police officer who helped Ryan in season 1.

The double tap on Ryan, lack of gun powder on Jo would never get passed a second thought.
    Kate should really be dead, Jo set her up, lured her right into the trap. It was only Ryan coming out with his stupid chat instead of shooting her dead that spared her. Yet now she's on a course to save her new bested buddy and potential new girlfriend.
    Ryan's stalling makes no sense coming so soon after the "<click> ... that's as easy as it is Jo" earlier.

Kate doesn't seem to give a **** about her son either, that will be thrown back in for empathy/sympathy I'd imagine.

The tracking of Steve's personal car too needs to have reprecussions.
    On a similar note, after learning about the trackers, Steve and Kate took both their work cars to a secret meet. FFS!
    What were you JUST told! Go get a bicycle.

So much for my theory that Ryan Pilkington was actually a good guy and he was undercover in the OCG

That was a bit wrong :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

sebdavis wrote: »
    So much for my theory that Ryan Pilkington was actually a good guy and he was undercover in the OCG

That was a bit wrong :-)

Yeah, slicing the throat of an under cover officer was all part of the plan.

Maybe leave the pro's to the detective work :P:P:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Hastings:"Jesus Mary and Joseph and the wee little donkey"

Not many straight faces on set after that one, Adrian.... :-)

Best line of the series so far...

To anybody who didn't enjoy that episode: don't watch the next one.
    Go on, I dare you.

Otherwise, no comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

So Steve's little Mazda that Kate borrowed was being tracked ? I thought they were referring to police vehicles such as his Volvo.

Keyzer wrote: »
    Yeah, slicing the throat of an under cover officer was all part of the plan.

Maybe leave the pro's to the detective work :P:P:P

It was all based on the end of series 1 when they made a big deal of the cop going back in and giving him the card etc!! he was such a little s**t in series 1 by the way

I was just trying to come up with some massive twist, yes I killed a cop but I brought down a criminal empire :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,383 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

I was hoping Jo would tell that smirking b1tch Carmichael to go fnck herself.
    I should be a script writer.

Is it going to be 1hr next week? Might all be a bit rushed to get this wrapped up in 1hr.

Also, great to see Jimmy Nesbitt character lying rotting on a bed in Spain. Was really hoping he wasn't 'H'.
    Looks like Osbourne. Carmichael would be too young.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Is it going to be 1hr next week? Might all be a bit rushed to get this wrapped up in 1hr.

Also, great to see Jimmy Nesbitt character lying rotting on a bed in Spain. Was really hoping he wasn't 'H'.
    Or Wise?
    Nor sure why everyone is discounting her tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭McFly85

Really frustrating episode. Like most people, I was dumbfounded at Kate and Jo leaving the scene. Kate said something about being on the hook for Ryan’s murder but it was obvious she was acting in a lawful manner.

Kate is straight as an arrow, and trying to put her in situations that cast doubt on it have been poorly managed IMO, especially when compared to Dot stitching up Steve.

The interview was ok, but there was no bombshell moment. Didn’t need to be that long. It was interesting to see Jo’s reactions so some of the info, Carmichael is good at being a pantomime villain but if feels so over the top. They’d done the “someone getting in the way of AC-12 from the inside” much better with Jill Bigalow.

I really hope Thurwell is actually dead and they just used a well known actor to throw everyone! But I would imagine that, at this stage, he will be the target of Season 7.

I’m still enjoying it, and I’m looking forward to next week, but I hope it starts getting to the end game soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

exaisle wrote: »
    Hastings:"Jesus Mary and Joseph and the wee little donkey"

Not many straight faces on set after that one, Adrian.... :-)

Best line of the series so far...

To anybody who didn't enjoy that episode: don't watch the next one.
    Go on, I dare you.

Otherwise, no comment.

What's the point in that, it's a series, I've sunk 6 hours into it. 1 more isn't going to hurt. If I sat through Season 8 of Game of Thrones I can do this!

I think Lost was the only shaw that I bailed on, late in the day. Left after 15mins of the penultimate episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

There is no way this is finishing next week

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭I told ya

At this stage it doesn't really matter who/what/where H is. It's gone on too long and will always be a damp squib for some.

Here's my take on it. Ted was recruited by MI5 in his RUC days and his job is to route out corruption. Or, he is recruited by MI5 when he leaves the police next week and it runs into season 7 with corruption in other police forces. Goes a bit Spooks like running Steve and Kate from a distance. Throw in a bit of political corruption....................

Actually, maybe Ted's off to London.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

cee_jay wrote: »
    Didn't Dot tap his hand 4 times when he was dying?

Yes, this was my point ;)

Steve also flashed his car lights 4 times to Kate in a previous episode, but this is likely a red herring

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

They've just told Jo of a disturbing family secret. Jo told Kate her dad was a cop. When she finds out Thurwell is dead (the one she probably thought was her father), I think she'll have nothing to lose and just start talking.

Maybe it's obviously Osborne and maybe some of this series was disappointing but they're keeping with the story and tying it together imo.

I was just thinking, it was very easy for them to find Tommy Hunter in series 1, if he was such a high profile person. Such a "Kingpin", you would think it would be a lot harder.

Especially if you think now how hard it is to find H who seems to have taken over once Tommy was killed, based on what was said in Jo interview

Maybe Jo is H?

I don’t really think she is. I also don’t know how they’re gonna finish off the entire show in just one hour next week. Especially based on the first 20 mins of last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

F*k me my VM recorder didn’t record anything from last night, and it’s not repeated during the week. Was gonna watch all 7 episodes together so not even watched episode 1 yet. Will be deleting the 5 episodes and waiting for it to land on Netflix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Maybe Jo is H?

I don’t really think she is. I also don’t know how they’re gonna finish off the entire show in just one hour next week. Especially based on the first 20 mins of last night.

Maybe. But they've portrayed her thus far as being really meek, always looking worried etc. Honestly, it's been quite annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Maybe. But they've portrayed her thus far as being really meek, always looking worried etc. Honestly, it's been quite annoying.

If Jo is H then the whole show is the biggest joke since Emma was abducted by Aliens in Dallas.

I told ya wrote: »

Here's my take on it. Ted was recruited by MI5 in his RUC days and his job is to route out corruption

I like this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

I think we'll find out next week who H is (Osborne imo) but next season will be about gathering the evidence and uncovering more corruption within the ranks.

In saying that if there's no Ted I dunno what way things will go.

Keyzer wrote: »

If Jo is H then the whole show is the biggest joke since Emma was abducted by Aliens in Dallas.

Spoliers ffs!

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Cal4567 wrote: »
    I've just started watching Line of Duty. Series 1. Feels like I'm in a parellel universe to you all.

Binge watching the rest. Aiming to have done so by Sunday. It's a quiet week otherwise.
    Your head will spin so fast it'll have fallen off by the time you catch up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,804 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Surely H is the Hill station , every bent copper to ever live comes out of that place

Where did H come from i can't remember now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Surely H is the Hill station , every bent copper to ever live comes out of that place

Where did H come from i can't remember now

Wasnt' it Dot, trying to spell out the name of the head honcho of the OCG when he was giving his final declaration to Kate and all he could manage was 'H'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Wasnt' it Dot, trying to spell out the name of the head honcho of the OCG when he was giving his final declaration to Kate and all he could manage was 'H'?

Yes, he tapped out 4 dots, which is morse code for H.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,804 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I'm going to pretend the first 20 minutes of last night was a dream and it never actually happened,

It's like the shows writer wanted to head out for a few beers but had to finish the script ,
    So just explained to his mate who was staying in what had happened previously and asked him to write up the next 20 minutes and they went all Jason Bourne on it, when the writer got back he said , "F*ck it it'll do" and wrote the rest of the episode

My missus has a habit of pausing it so we can remind each other what's going on or who there on about but the first 20 minutes last night we didn't have a breeze , it was very WTF

Advertisement