Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Do you agree that that is a bit ridiculous - go on the run with Jo after she lured her to her death?

Did she not mention earlier in the series that since she left AC12, she didn't see conspiracys and bent coppers everywhere?

Might explain why she's trying to get Jo to open up to her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Talisman wrote: »
    Kate shot Ryan, she then fled the scene with Jo. If she had not told Steve the location then AC-12 would not have been on their trail for sometime. Presumably she was giving Jo the opportunity to prove herself to not be bent - that was the idea behind the whistle stop tour to Farida's house and then on to the print shop which was across the road from Terry Boyle's flat.

As they got to the print shop they were pursued by a police vehicle. Unless Steve's car was reported stolen there was no reason for the pursuit to begin. The only person who could possibly do that would be the owner of the car.

When they avoided the spikes she drove down a side street and took a left turn so she was heading back in the direction of the print shop. The street was blocked by AFO vehicles - they were boxed in. It was obviously a well coordinated pursuit and for the first time in the series a police helicopter was used.

Carmichael had said that Kate and Jo were to be considered "armed and dangerous", that phrase goes hand in hand with "lethal force authorised" if they didn't surrender when given the opportunity. Kate didn't know that Carmichael had said that but she knew from Steve that Osborne had given Carmichael sole control of the operation, that the surveillance had been pulled from Ryan and Jo and that Osborne stood to gain from the buried investigations.

It was a reasonable conclusion that they were setup, the number of coincidences are hard to ignore.

Still makes zero sense that two season police officers would flee a murder scene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Do you agree that that is a bit ridiculous - go on the run with Jo after she lured her to her death?

Utterly ridiculous.

As was handing Jo her firearm just to get her prints on it. She lured her to hear death and two mins later she hands over her firearm.

Nonsensical nonsensology...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,594 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Line of Duty is one of the best shows I've ever watched but last night's episode was a real let down. Its getting to the point now where its hard to see how it will end in a satisfactory way, it feels like H will either be someone obvious or else someone so left field it doesn't make sense.

This season has been entertaining largely due to the speculation you read in the week between episodes, but really most of what has actually happened has been fairly obvious.

The H thing has dragged on too long, especially considering it was four taps from a man while he was dying. At this stage you would assume there is a H but for them to be so sure of it based on four little taps on the ground seems a bit unrealistic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭raclle

What are the chances all of this will be explained in the next episode :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭legrand

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Exhibit 1 shows >choose 1 of 274 characters most of whom I've forgotten<
    Exhibit 2 shows..
    Exhibit ..
    Exhibit 87 - Ted, holy mother of god its you that done it!
    The End

shaping up to be end of season akin to GoT or Lost.

But hopefully not!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

If Kate did run with Jo to try to get Jo to reveal information, she should have mentioned that to Steve during their meeting in the car park.

Kate: Alright
    Steve: Alright
    Kate: By the way, I wanted Jo to reveal more information about her connections to the OCG so I took a risk and fled the scene of Ryan's shooting with her.
    Steve: OK, I was wondering what the f*ck that was about!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,757 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Keyzer wrote: »
    Utterly ridiculous.

As was handing Jo her firearm just to get her prints on it. She lured her to hear death and two mins later she hands over her firearm.

Nonsensical nonsensology...

You didn't float up the Lagan in a bubble Keyser (definitely not Soze):p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭tiegan

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

Sorry if this has been talked about already - can't be ar$ed reading pages of stuff but..

..why did Steve tell Kate that Jo didn't say much about her family? She did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭raclle

purifol0 wrote: »
    S: Hey Kate, hows the kids?
    K: The who, anyway Steve hows your back?
    S: Grand in a shoot out or car chase, not so good in bed with a woman.
    K: Sorry to hear that M8, don't forget to remove the tracker on your personal car. The ones on these cars we've used in this secret meeting don't matter though.
    S: Kate mind if I ask you why you fled the scene after killing a known OCG member in self defence, with a bent copper who lured you to your death?
    K: Girl Power Steve, you men wouldn't understand.
    This is gold :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Kalyke

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Razor eyes and ears on LOD Reddit

I said last week that Chris was going to be this season's "dodgy cop in plain sight"

"During the telephone call Chris Lomax was on before Steve and Kate approached him at the industrial unit, Chris finished the call by saying “meet you at the red lion at 8pm”.

VQGaMfgRzbwWbkxHqZzLgP-1200-80.jpg
    Except he did not say that on the phone. He said it to one of the forensic technicians. He said "Could be in the Red Lion by 8...Nice work"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

There is alot riding on next weeks episode i think. If we don't at least find out who H is then really nothing has happened this season. It really was going along very nicely until this week.

I think we are guaranteed another season anyhow. No way they get it all wrapped up in an hour next week. If it was a 90 minute episode i'd say something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Kalyke wrote: »
    Except he did not say that on the phone. He said it to one of the forensic technicians. He said "Could be in the Red Lion by 8...Nice work"

I'll have to go back and re-watch to confirm

Either way, Red Lion = where the dodgy hang out

Just finished my season 5 rewatch. I know these updates are keeping the thread alive :)

I remember at the time thinking it was only alright.
    It was so much better on the rewatch!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

At the very least they need to identify H, anything else will be an insult to the viewers

Even if they identify H but aren't in a position to pounce it would make an interesting season watching AC-12 and H play cat and mouse against each other - I'd reference the film Breach as an excellent example of the viewer being told who the bad guy is and watching the traps being laid for them to fall into

Otherwise we are looking at a second season trying to identify the remaining H - despite the fact other 3 H's were discovered and/or caught in the space of 5 seasons, and it was only at the end of season 4 they realised there were more H's to catch

As I said at the beginning of this post, at least give us the identity, even if we know and AC-12 don't, or it'll be a slap in the face for the fans of the show

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Louis Friend

I wonder whether Chloe is actually Tony Gates’ daughter?

It seems too much of a coincidence.

Same name, right skin colour, probably the right age.

The actress who plays Carmichael couldn't be more different to the character

Just seen elsewhere that a BBC announcer said earlier " ... when Line Of Duty concludes on Sunday"

Could be just the season they mean, but they didn't use the word "series" or "season"

I think there's far too much to wrap up the entire show in one hour though

It's highly likely we're getting another season imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,612 ✭✭✭archfi

The actress who plays Carmichael couldn't be more different to the character

She's a really good actor and going by that, a good egg too.
    The hosts there missed the opportunity that she presented when she said did they mean 'the smile' when they asked her to 'do the face' and they ignored her - YES, it's the smile ya numpties!

Really glad to hear there's a new Motherland series coming out soon - that's a very, very funny show.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,612 ✭✭✭archfi

Just seen elsewhere that a BBC announcer said earlier " ... when Line Of Duty concludes on Sunday"

Could be just the season they mean, but they didn't use the word "series" or "season"

I think there's far too much to wrap up the entire show in one hour though

It's highly likely we're getting another season imo

With consolidated viewing figures at the 15 million mark I think yeah, that's coming back.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

archfi wrote: »
    With consolidated viewing figures at the 15 million mark I think yeah, that's coming back.

That's massive numbers for UK ratings in 2021

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

archfi wrote: »
    She's a really good actor and going by that, a good egg too.
    The hosts there missed the opportunity that she presented when she said did they mean 'the smile' when they asked her to 'do the face' and they ignored her - YES, it's the smile ya numpties!

Really glad to hear there's a new Motherland series coming out soon - that's a very, very funny show.
    Love motherland!

This tweet from Chris O Dowd was funny!
    https://twitter.com/BigBoyler/status/1386411913047912460?s=19

Craig Parkinson and his guest on this week's podcast episode seem convinced that Ted is going to be killed in the final episode to the point that they were practically mourning his death.

I could possibly see him dying like Denton. He discovers who H is but is killed to keep him silent but manages to somehow inform Kate or Steve right before being killed. Then next season would be about Kate and Steve teaming up to bring down that person possibility under a new Superintendent played by a big name actor.

Hastings is a big reason why the show is so successful though, and if they are planning another season, I'm not sure they'd want to do it without him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

I've enjoyed Kelly Macdonald's performance since episode one. And I don't think last night's was that bad. The previous ones have been just so high-octane that anything less would be a comedown.

Doubt Carmichael is the fourth person - they never do the obvious thing. Would you have guessed the truth about John Corbett? Or "Dot" Cottan?

I think Carmichael just got uncomfortable because her boss (whom she's possibly afraid of) is being implicated in criminal activity, which puts her in an awkward spot. Obviously Osborne is dirty but unlikely the fourth person.

I agree that Thurwell might be the man whom Jo knew as her father.

Is Buckles putting on a stupid act? It didn't seem like he was active in the Lakewell murder - just doing as he was told. Every police officer who gets imprisoned following dealings with AC12 knows they're in for it if they don't comply inside.

But Buckles was one of the officers who jeered at Lawrence Christopher when he was dying in custody.

Craig Parkinson and his guest on this week's podcast episode seem convinced that Ted is doing to be killed in the final episode to the point that they were practically mourning his death.

That's fairly huge as Craig is a fanatic of this show and knows it inside out

Remember this season's strapline is "Lies Cost Lives"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,012 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

That scene with Chloe and the fax machine with the picture of Osbourne which had Carmichael onlooking. I think that was done for a reason. It was a bit out of sync with the episode too.

Also what's the point of the whole Thurwell character if he is just going to be a picture and wind up dead after 3 minutes. And not even convincingly dead. There's more to come in that too IMO. A lot of wasted time for nothing to just be put in.

Everything in this show connects somehow, and for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Starting to watch it back.

Can't see any way they can finish it up next week.

TBH I'd feel cheated if anybody other than Osborne is H, none of the left field stuff/peripheral figure will suffice.

That's fairly huge as Craig is a fanatic of this show and knows it inside out

Remember this season's strapline is "Lies Cost Lives"

He said he doesn't know how the show ends.

• Advertisement

Theory. Jo confessed to killing Ryan so Kate could stay out of jail in the short to medium term to find H.

Advertisement