Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

He said he doesn't know how the show ends.

Of course

I'm not saying he has inside info, moreso that he knows the show inside out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Theory. Jo confessed to killing Ryan so Kate could stay out of jail in the short to medium term to find H.

If Kate had just stayed with Ryan's body with Ryan's gun, there is no way she would be arrested and placed into custody. She may be placed on administrative leave pending an investigation which would conclude it was a lawful killing in self defense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I was thinking about Carmichael and her continuously steering Ted away from finding out who H is during the interview with Jo

In the first episode of this season Wise told Ted that there were a lot of people who thought he was lucky to keep his job - you'd assume Carmichael is definitely one of those, and may see him as a fish that got away

I think Carmichael doesn't want Ted anywhere near the discovery of H because it will redeem him, we already know she's uber ambitious and it wouldn't surprise me if she is intent on discovering who H is for herself and claiming all the glory

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Louis Friend

Tommy Hunter was wrapped in bandages and burned when he was killed.

Was it him or is he still alive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Buckells is still up there for me. It could be all an act. The spilling of the tea when Banks was killing Lakewell could have been part of the act too. He might not want Banks knowing who he really is, but Banks would have been given the order not to hurt Buckells, and maybe to intimidate him too, again as part of the cover up.
    He's not very high up in the chain of command though, and might be a bit young. But he doesn't have to have been such a prominent figure in the police force for the OCG the entire time.

The audience needs to find out on Sunday who the "fourth man" is. Without a doubt. And I think we will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hollyworth

The kind of drugs Mercurio seems to be on this series, I wouldn't be surprised if the 4th man turns out to be Vince McMahon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,012 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

The audience needs to find out on Sunday who the "fourth man" is. Without a doubt. And I think we will.

Or woman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Tommy Hunter was wrapped in bandages and burned when he was killed.

Was it him or is he still alive?

I have been convinced of this all along but as time goes by I reckon its because the actor couldn't/wouldn't come back

ziedth wrote: »
    I have been convinced of this all along but as time goes by I reckon its because the actor couldn't/wouldn't come back

But H is a bent copper right? Or supposed to be. If he's still alive he might be the top OCG man but who is he getting to bid for him, as Jo put it.

‘Line Of Duty’ Tops ‘Bodyguard’ & ‘Downton Abbey’ To Become The UK’s Highest-Rated TV Drama In 13 Years

https://deadline.com/2021/04/line-of-duty-ratings-bbc-13-year-high-1234744074/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
    If there were any doubts that Line Of Duty will go down in the history books as one of the UK’s most-adored drama series, those doubts will have been eviscerated by the show’s latest viewing figures.

The World Productions-produced BBC police corruption series reached the penultimate episode of its sixth season on Sunday night in front of an audience of 10.9 million, according to overnight BARB figures supplied by overnights.tv

Created by Jed Mercurio, Line Of Duty’s near 11M viewers makes it the most-watched television drama episode in the UK since Doctor Who’s Christmas Day special in 2008, which was watched by 11.7M viewers.

• Advertisement

Fitz* wrote: »
    Or woman.

Carmichael is now a top contender too in my view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,302 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Carmichael is now a top contender too in my view.

I don't see it tbh.....I think Wise....it needs to be someone higher up than Carmichael imo
    She strikes me as seriously arrogant ambitious above everything else not necessarily bent

gmisk wrote: »
    I don't see it tbh.....I think Wise....it needs to be someone higher up than Carmichael imo
    She strikes me as seriously arrogant ambitious above everything else

Possibly. But Dot wasn't very high up either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭raclle

gmisk wrote: »
    She strikes me as seriously arrogant ambitious above everything else
    Ok but she works in investigating corruption within the police force so why every time Hastings mentions something about Osbourne she immediately shuts it down which Hastings reminds her about after the interview. How is that not suspicious?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,512 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

raclle wrote: »
    Ok but she works in investigating corruption within the police force so why every time Hastings mentions something about Osbourne she immediately shuts it down which Hastings reminds her about after the interview. How is that not suspicious?

she also investigates corruption for a different police force to the one that AC-12 is in. I don't see how it could be her. she shuts down any talk about osbourne and institutional corruption because she is acting under orders from osbourne.

Two trains of thought with Carmichael

She's that person we've all worked with at some stage who'd happily eat their young for career advancement

She's not H, she steered the conversion away from him because she wants the H glory for herself

As she said herself, she's just pragmatic

Or!

Carmichael and Osbourne have a past (an affair) and that's why she's keeping the spotlight away from him

But she absolutely isn't H imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

Going on the run was annoying all right. I dunno, maybe Kate had intuition (following suspension of the surveillance and the incident with Steve's phone) that Carmichael wouldn't make things straightforward - which is the case with the "armed and dangerous", "unlawful killing" stuff. And also just that Carmichael is a cu*t.

Jo taking responsibility for Ryan's shooting is presumably to say sorry for luring Kate to her potential death.
    sebdavis wrote: »
    It was all based on the end of series 1 when they made a big deal of the cop going back in and giving him the card etc!! he was such a little s**t in series 1 by the way

I was just trying to come up with some massive twist, yes I killed a cop but I brought down a criminal empire :p
    In fairness John Corbett, while undercover, shot and tortured people as a means to that end.
    I wonder whether Chloe is actually Tony Gates’ daughter?

It seems too much of a coincidence.

Same name, right skin colour, probably the right age.
    First two yes but I don't think the right age. Gates' daughter was only little in 2012. She wouldn't be old enough now to be a detective. Maybe a new recruit (but only just).
    Fitz* wrote: »
    That scene with Chloe and the fax machine with the picture of Osbourne which had Carmichael onlooking. I think that was done for a reason. It was a bit out of sync with the episode too.
    Yep, there was a look between Chloe and The Bitch. Perhaps just a nervous, "I'm doing as I'm told" look from Chloe - but maybe more.

Osbourne is the big boss, sucking up to him to get promoted etc. It doesn't necessarily mean she is part of the OCG/H
    She also clearly doesn't like Hastings she gave him parameters before the meeting which he went beyond so she put him back in his box so to speak

she also investigates corruption for a different police force to the one that AC-12 is in. I don't see how it could be her. she shuts down any talk about osbourne and institutional corruption because she is acting under orders from osbourne.
    Exactly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Hollyworth wrote: »
    The kind of drugs Mercurio seems to be on this series, I wouldn't be surprised if the 4th man turns out to be Vince McMahon.

Mmmmm.....you could be on to something.....

"Vince McMahon"

Real Name "Vincent Kennedy Mcmahon"...

Which is an anagram of.....

"H My Naked Conmen Vincent"

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭appledrop

Degag wrote: »
    There is alot riding on next weeks episode i think. If we don't at least find out who H is then really nothing has happened this season. It really was going along very nicely until this week.

I think we are guaranteed another season anyhow. No way they get it all wrapped up in an hour next week. If it was a 90 minute episode i'd say something.

Yeah I was really enjoying this season until the wtf episode this week.

Rewatching season 2 now its the best one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,512 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I think steve might have mentioned something to kate if that was the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hollyworth

Mmmmm.....you could be on to something.....

"Vince McMahon"

Real Name "Vincent Kennedy Mcmahon"...

Which is an anagram of.....

"H My Naked Conmen Vincent"

"It's me, Hastings. It was me all along, Hastings."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭raclle

There's no denying that but I believe Osbourne is "H" and she's either in on it or totally oblivious to what's going on

Hollyworth wrote: »
    "It's me, Hastings. It was me all along, Hastings."

Final scene

6e960fbeebbe33e9-600x338.gif

/fade to black

/credits roll to silence Sopranos style

The BBC announce the next day that they're paying for Mercurio's DMT rehab and that the show is over

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

I've thought long there's something a tad off about Lomax,a hint of Dot Cotton mark 2 off him.

Even has the same regular expression " Nice one " as Dot but Mercurio has really not given us any real pointer to justify any suspicion he's a member of the OCG.

But he's a tad too peripheral,do as he's told type officer.

His annoyance re giving up his phone,been left out of the loop re the various warehouses that were to be searched would be an entirely expected frustration.

Anyway is Jo a goner?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

There's no denying that but I believe Osbourne is "H" and she's either in on it or totally oblivious to what's going on

Blinded by adherence to the chain of command,naked ambition and an inability to hide her dislike of Ted.Hence hindering any investigations he leads.

I don't think she's bent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭lau1247

Latest trailer up.

For me it is Carmichael, the one with the squeaky clean record that no one would suspect.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

Re those psycho wardens in the women's prison - poured boiling water on Lindsay, put faeces in her food... wasn't there an attack on her in the gym with a piece of equipment too?

Then breaking Farida's wrist... obviously they're protected by corrupt police but it's surprising that AC12 take no notice of them.

Advertisement