Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,512 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

banie01 wrote: »
    Following on from the Chris Lomax being bent and the mugshot photos.

How about this for a theory...
    Lomax is one of the 5 who killed Lawrence Christopher.
    Further not only is he one of the 5, he is actually Darren Hunter!

As part of the fallout from the Christopher case, those 5 were given new identities.
    Lomax's "new" identity and the position of Dot in AC9 and witness protection allowed for Lomax/Hunter to join the police without raising flags.
    His clean sheet was used to gain Tommy another bent copper.
    Now Lomax is also working to subvert the Vela investigation and keep the OCG in control.

I do think Osborne is the bent senior copper tho, it ties so nicely back to season 1 aswell.

They look nothing alike
    Darren-Hunter.png
    DS-Chris-Lomax.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,478 ✭✭✭Macy0161

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Jo's interview was kind of curious. She mostly "no comments" everything except to admit that she framed Jatri and Buckells. She's finished as a police officer but she was trying to help Kate on the Gail Vella murder so what's her motivation to keep schtum on the OCG?
    Feeling guilty regarding Jatri, and getting Buckells back in the field actually helps the OCG?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭banie01

They look nothing alike
    Darren-Hunter.png
    DS-Chris-Lomax.png

I wasn't sure which of the 5 was Hunter jr.
    A small tweak to my theory then;)

So Lomax isn't Hunter jr, but is one of the 5 Christopher murderers.
    Who entered the Police with same goals and AC9 assistance as I mentioned in my 1st brainfart.

233107?crop=16_9&width=660&relax=1&signature=ZtG9V5paV2zUxM-NawESUN1DrRY=

banie01 wrote: »
    I wasn't sure which of the 5 was Hunter jr.
    A small tweak to my theory then;)

So Lomax isn't Hunter jr, but is one of the 5 Christopher murderers.
    Who entered the Police with same goals and AC9 assistance as I mentioned in my 1st brainfart.

233107?crop=16_9&width=660&relax=1&signature=ZtG9V5paV2zUxM-NawESUN1DrRY=

nah, the ears and the nose are wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

They don't seem that concerned about age but nevertheless, Lomax was too young in '03.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Definately.... It's you isn't it?

I was wondering how long that would take... its a fair cop, jesus mary and joseph.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

and the wee donkey...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

F*k me my VM recorder didn’t record anything from last night, and it’s not repeated during the week. Was gonna watch all 7 episodes together so not even watched episode 1 yet. Will be deleting the 5 episodes and waiting for it to land on Netflix.

A regular problem for me also. So much so that I double check on the evening as I've missed so much stuff in the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,283 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Keyzer wrote: »
    I was wondering how long that would take... its a fair cop, jesus mary and joseph.

I didn't float up the Lagan in a bubble fella:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,283 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    A regular problem for me also. So much so that I double check on the evening as I've missed so much stuff in the past.

Is that with the new 360 box or the dreaded horizon?

• Advertisement

Hollyworth wrote: »
    What? The fact that Jo had lured her to her death proved Jo was bent. So yes it was a personality transplant. The old Kate would have arrested her.

Also, the fact that at no point in the series did Kate think Jo was bent, proved my point that she has had a personality transplant.

Is it not clear to all that Kate is in sort of undercover role and her entire actions with Jo were an act? There's been no change of character. She's working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Looks like Hastings & Co are finally bringing out the big guns in AC-12 interrogations...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Louis Friend

Jo whinging “I’m not bent” was prettt funny

Looks like Hastings & Co are finally bringing out the big guns in AC-12 interrogations...

Steve looks a LOT younger there

Is that with the new 360 box or the dreaded horizon?

Horizon, for my sins. So poor over the past two years that I complained and got two months free broadband/TV rental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

I didn't float up the Lagan in a bubble fella:D

Its definAtely Ted .
    He was so relieved that his pal Marcus was found dead in Spain that he ran out of the room J/ M/ J ing but was upset also. He ordered that kill .
    And he's " running out of time " to cover his tracks .
    He also gave Corbett up as the rat to Lee Banks and paid Steph Corbett that 50 k out of guilt .

They might serve us up some other small fry this season and cancel his retirement , to get another season out of it ?

I hope so , I love him :)

Goldengirl wrote: »
    Its definAtely Ted .
    He was so relieved that his pal Marcus was found dead in Spain that he ran out of the room J/ M/ J ing but was upset also. He ordered that kill .
    And he's " running out of time " to cover his tracks .
    He also gave Corbett up as the rat to Lee Banks and paid Steph Corbett that 50 k out of guilt .

They might serve us up some other small fry this season and cancel his retirement , to get another season out of it ?

I hope so , I love him :)

If he was H he wouldn't need to go to the prison to see Lee Banks. He'd contact the OCG by long established means.

If he was H he wouldn't need to go to the prison to see Lee Banks. He'd contact the OCG by long established means.

That's true .
    IIRC he went to the prison , when his laptop had been taken by AC 12 and he was in a tizz knowing they were watching the communications .
    Watching him last week thought it was going to come out about his connection to the Mike Nesbitt character .
    Why else introduce another ex police officer as OCG , from Northern Ireland ?

That's true .
    IIRC he went to the prison , when his laptop had been taken by AC 12 and he was in a tizz knowing they were watching the communications .
    Watching him last week thought it was going to come out about his connection to the Mike Nesbitt character .
    Why else introduce another ex police officer as OCG , from Northern Ireland ?

Not the actions of a someone who'd been a bent officer for decades. More than one means of communication. H wouldn't directly contact OCG members in prison where all visits were recorded and privacy couldn't be assured.

And how can we know where Nesbitt's character originates from?

I havent thought this through, but did Kate flee the scene of the shooting because she was afraid that whoever showed up might be corrupt cops and clean up the scene by taking them both out?

Must have been. The time she thought Steve had framed her , my heart was in my mouth thinking she was going to get shot !

• Advertisement

Not the actions of a someone who'd been a bent officer for decades. More than one means of communication. H wouldn't directly contact OCG members in prison where all visits were recorded and privacy couldn't be assured.

They said he was from NI .
    And that is Ted's cover trying to make everyone believe he is this holy Joe character ..all tongue in cheek.
    Directly going in as an AC 12 officer is how he covered his tracks ,and he never explained to Steve's satisfaction why he went there or what was said, in that last season.
    I have recorded and rewatched it there in the last few weeks .
    Did a double take when that episode showed him talking to Lee Banks , and him writing impatiently on the laptop when they were setting up a meet with OCG , supposedly , and writing " definately " automatically .
    That whole episode he was getting panicky that Steve would be able to get Corbett out and question him ,so he did his best to kill Corbett or get him killed.
    None of that is explained last season really and the female lawyer / lady friend being named as one of the Four is just sop .
    It didn't tie up any of the loose ends .

They said he was from NI .
    And that is Ted's cover trying to make everyone believe he is this holy Joe character ..all tongue in cheek.
    Directly going in as an AC 12 officer is how he covered his tracks ,and he never explained to Steve's satisfaction why he went there or what was said, in that last season.
    I have recorded and rewatched it there in the last few weeks .
    Did a double take when that episode showed him talking to Lee Banks , and him writing impatiently on the laptop when they were setting up a meet with OCG , supposedly , and writing " definately " automatically .
    That whole episode he was getting panicky that Steve would be able to get Corbett out and question him ,so he did his best to kill Corbett or get him killed.
    None of that is explained last season really and the female lawyer / lady friend being named as one of the Four is just sop .
    It didn't tie up any of the loose ends .

When did they say Thurwell was from NI?

And the 'definately' spelling by Ted was copying H's style in trying to draw out a corrupt officer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

He's Goliath; it's a Bloodlands crossover!:P

• Subscribers Posts: 41,799 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

buswankers wrote: »
    But they're still police no? and the female staff in the prison are clearly breaking the law by breaking bones and pouring boiling water etc...?

you need to look up what the AC stands for in AC 12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

buswankers wrote: »
    But they're still police no? and the female staff in the prison are clearly breaking the law by breaking bones and pouring boiling water etc...?
    Actually I don't think prison wardens are police.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭buswankers

sydthebeat wrote: »
    you need to look up what the AC stands for in AC 12

Eh I know it stands for Anti-corruption, no need for the condescending tone thanks! I just thought that police are police are police and therefore in doing their job they'd be obliged to look into/report any illegal activities - I was obviously mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭buswankers

Actually I don't think prison wardens are police.

I wasn't talking about the prison wardens - I was talking about AC-12 - in response to someone asking about how they were seemingly allowing numerous offences by the female prison wardens to go without repercussions

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭General Toilet

HMP Blackthorn is a privately run prison so totally open to have corrupt warders.

When did they say Thurwell was from NI?

And the 'definately' spelling by Ted was copying H's style in trying to draw out a corrupt officer.

Ted was typing furiously and in impatience having taken the laptop from junior IT officer, ge later said he did that to copy H s way of writing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Find someone who looks at you like Ted Hastings looks when you quote Section 117 of the Police & Criminal Evidence Act 1984

vpmg2mpw0ov61.jpg

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/VapidRemarkableBasilisk-mobile.mp4

Advertisement