Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

Spocker wrote: »
    No Thurwell in the picture
    I do see a Burnside though

H = Sun Hill

MV5BYTFhNzRiYmUtOTc5Ni00NGRkLTk5ZDAtOTQ4NjcwMDMwYThhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjc0ODQ0NzM@._V1_UY1200_CR554,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

there's also a few Tosh Lyons lookalikes in that picture

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Would Jo speak more freely and less no commenty without Carmichael around, I wonder. Maybe she knows or suspects that Carmichael is bent, or that she isn't bent but would report back to Osbourne.
    It's hard to see how the next episode will progress to AC-12 finding out anything further unless Jo speaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

No Thurwell in the picture

551609.png

I knew Thurwell wasn't in the picture, but I'm assuming Ted's dead friend would be and that's why he was looking at it after Thurwell was mentioned?

I told ya wrote: »
    There is a reference in the first series. Ted tells Steve about the bomb that injured him and killed his fellow Catholic officer. From memory, Ted believes that they were set up. Also, I think makes some reference to him, Ted, being the blackest of all.

Would really have to re-watch the first series.

I’ve just watched episode 1 of series 1 (mother of god, they all look so young!) and Ted mentions it then.

Also, RTÉ player is pure sh1te!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I’ve just watched episode 1 of series 1 (mother of god, they all look so young!) and Ted mentions it then.

Can't be doing with those bloody players tbh, more a torrents man myself...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,496 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Can't be doing with those bloody players tbh, more a torrents man myself...

BBC iPlayer really is fantastic. I don't have a telly and streamling live via BBC is never as nice as the player.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

RTE player works, ok it has a few ads but it works....I am on season 4 and can't really complain.
    BBC iPlayer really is fantastic. I don't have a telly and streamling live via BBC is never as nice as the player.

By the time you get VPN setup, logged in etc etc it is pointless......just stick on RTE player and watch 1-2 ad's, hell of a lot easier.

Quick hint to people
    Don't watch BBC. I was sitting watching and next thing an ad came on for Line of Duty, f**k me they gave a load away in a few seconds. Damn you BBC, damn you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

They went to the bother of getting a younger looking Ted, and none of the others look anyway like a young Thurwell/Nesbitt to me?

Has that pic not been there since the start of the series though?
    Be simple enough to make one of the tall dark haired lads, like TP Edwards for example, be Thurwell under an alias if they wanted.
    Also good point from another poster as
    regards the picture having Teds dead friend.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,496 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

sebdavis wrote: »
    By the time you get VPN setup, logged in etc etc it is pointless......just stick on RTE player and watch 1-2 ad's, hell of a lot easier.

I live in the UK.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

I live in the UK.

Ahh then of course use BBC player.

IN Ireland I have LG TV with RTE player as part of the apps so it is really easy to fire it up. The same option for BBC would be available if I was in UK

Ahh then of course use BBC player.

IN Ireland I have LG TV with RTE player as part of the apps so it is really easy to fire it up. The same option for BBC would be available if I was in UK

I was wondering what options were available to Irish residents if they miss an episode acutally the other day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,916 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Isn't it on Netflix too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

eagle eye wrote: »
    Isn't it on Netflix too?

Just season 5

I was wondering what options were available to Irish residents if they miss an episode acutally the other day.

Official is RTE player. Netflix had it and dropped it apart from one season, I doubt they have the latest episodes either

Of course other methods as well

Pretty much no options. BBC isn't in the sky catch up services unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭raclle

A lot of over analysis and overthinking going here on I reckon.

p.s. Osborne is bent, and so is Carmichael.
    I'm more than convinced this will be the outcome. Nothing else makes much sense really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,916 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Carmichael to me seems career minded doing what the boss wants to keep rising through the ranks and lives a power trip.
    I don't think she's bent but I think we'll know very soon. I had the feeling that Kate was going to track her movements towards the end of the last episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hollyworth

This season, and particularly the most recent episode, has been such a mess that I don't even feel like watching the last episode. I now look on the next episode as akin to going on a staff night out. I really don't want to go, could think of loads better to do, but better show my face after working with these people for so long.

• Advertisement

Pretty much no options. BBC isn't in the sky catch up services unfortunately.

It is here but I suppose you can't have Sky without a TV licence. It's a bit ridiculous as Sky Ireland would be carrying the BBC with permission.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Hollyworth wrote: »
    This season, and particularly the most recent episode, has been such a mess that I don't even feel like watching the last episode. I now look on the next episode as akin to going on a staff night out. I really don't want to go, could think of loads better to do, but better show my face after working with these people for so long.

Its weird, I've thought overall this season has been pretty strong.

They kept it pretty straightforward compared to previous years, which helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

I am expecting a reveal in the first two minutes, followed by 58 minutes or people standing behind flip charts, and poster boards. Explaining everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭chooseusername

I am expecting a reveal in the first two minutes, followed by 58 minutes or people standing behind flip charts, and poster boards. Explaining everything.
    Just before the credits roll ,
    I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭qwerty13

Goldengirl wrote: »
    He said as much on Graham Norton a few weeks back.
    Just said it was a small part..

Was it not that he ‘complained’ about never having been on LoD??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Quick hint to people
    Don't watch BBC. I was sitting watching and next thing an ad came on for Line of Duty, f**k me they gave a load away in a few seconds. Damn you BBC, damn you

Doing my best to avoid that BBC trailer, but part of it was mentioned in a post on LOD Reddit without spoiler tags

So now I know that
    Lisa McQueen
    is returning on Sunday, when I'd have much preferred the surprise

The BBC have been shams with their trailers and previews for weeks now. You expect it from American Network TV like CBS etc, but not the BBC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

The only thing I disliked about this episode was Kate's motivations during the first 20 minutes. It makes no sense. But that isn't enough to ruin the episode or the season for me.

That's completely over the top, but each to their own

For me, I haven't looked forward to a TV episode as much as this Sunday's since the Breaking Bad finale. We're getting big answers and it might just be the last ever LOD

I say "might" in that I'm probably 70% sure there'll be another season, but 30% of me thinks this Sunday is the show's last dance

Jimmy Lakewell’s comment about “worse than racism” in his interview - what did it mean?

It has to be child abuse right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭qwerty13

The only thing I disliked about this episode was Kate's motivations during the first 20 minutes. It makes no sense. But that isn't enough to ruin the episode or the season for me.

My latest theory (being generous to myself!) is that that scene turns out to be important: from the ‘missing conversation’ up to when they get in the car together (why did this happen?), and the conversation between Jo and Kate in the car. I was playing with the idea that what if the ‘missing conversation’ explains why they’ve pretty much teamed up - and that would be the opening scene on E7.

Not sure what to make of the bit in the car where Kate says they know that Jo is related to Tommy Hunter, and Jo’s reply is “I suppose you know everything” - and Kate says no. And I’m almost sure Jo said something I’m the car garage that she was afraid Kate was trying to lure her in.

I’m not convinced that the photo in Jo’s flat was her mother, given that she said “no comment” when asked about it, but talked about her mother later on.

It feels a very Jed thing to do though, to hide a major clue in what seems like a scene that didn’t advance the storyline, where the conversation could be interpreted differently depending on who is really a goodie, a baddie or who they are in league with. So I’m probably talking boll*x :)

Advertisement