Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭raclle

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Where did you hear/read that?
    Seen a small article on the bbc website a few weeks back but prob only speculation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Fecking spoilers big and small all over the place, no matter how hard you try to avoid them

I've just seen that on This Morning on ITV this Monday
    the actor who plays H will be appearing

Confirmation that
    H will be revealed
    on Sunday

I saw that on RTE.ie this morning. Martin Compston was making a few remarks about that. I'm glad. Makes me more excited for Sunday's episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I don't know lads, I much prefer being totally in the dark about what's incoming

I mean there was a hoohah in here when someone posted about Carmichael making a reappearance but Maxwell Martin's name appeared in the opening credits of that episode so it was no harm in the long run

It's one thing sharing theories on here, which I love doing and reading, but it's another when an advert or some promotional release goes out of us it's way too spoil something

Kudos to the guys using spoiler tags with the things they have seen - I've been so tempted to click on them but I think I can hold out till Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Adding to my previous post I did see one major spoiler which I think needs to be shared

In this season finale it will be revealed that's Ted's constant use of "Hastings, like the battle" is actually a secret code

Ted is a direct blood descendant of William the Conqueror and is aiming honour his famous ancestor by building an empire. Seeing as countries and sovereignties have long established roots that would be almost impossible to tear down he settles for creating....a criminal empire.

Cue exit music

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,012 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

All I'll say is thanks for using the spoiler tags!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Anyone else going to binge re-watch the first 6 episodes from this season ahead of Sunday?

Just me then? :pac:

I'll be looking out for anything strange I didn't notice first time with:
    • Buckells (Although I really don't buy the Keyzer Soze thing)
    • Chloe (was her reaction to the racism killings just for show?)
    • Lakewell's interviews (what's "worse than rascism"?)
    • Carmichael's behaviour during the long interview with Jo
    • The whole Kate/Jo relationship as of the start of episode 6 is a bit baffling still
    • And Chris Lomax in particular will be viewed differently this time. He's as bent as a butcher's hook

And you're welcome on the spoiler tags. It's just basic old school Netiquette, something the BBC PR department seem to have thrown out the window

By the time they've shared all their previews and teases there'll be no point in watching the actual episode

I don't think there's enough time with one episode left unless they make another season for it to be anyone else but the obvious suspects

raclle wrote: »
    I don't think there's enough time with one episode left unless they make another season for it to be anyone else but the obvious suspects

My hunches:
    • Ted dies on Sunday, in the line of duty
    • Osbourne is H (no surprises there), but somehow escapes arrest
    • Mercurio announces there'll be a 2 part Christmas special to conclude the whole show. These specials will see Kate, Steve and another try to get Osbourne locked up

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,144 ✭✭✭✭beertons

^if I have to wait till Christmas...

Ted dies on Sunday, in the line of duty

God no! We'll be stuck with Carmichael then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

The show is already stretching things. If they kill Ted, it's done. I'm really hoping we get a big bombshell/reveal on Sunday to set us up nicely for next season and I hope that's the final season.

If it goes on much long, it will become a parody of itself and it's already started to take the pìss a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

My hunches:
    • Mercurio announces there'll be a 2 part Christmas special to conclude the whole show. These specials will see Kate, Steve and another try to get Osbourne locked up

Jesus, Mary and Joseph and the wee donkey,

Would people be happy if H was revealed & arrested on Sunday? And then that's it's, Line of Duty is over and all wrapped up with no loose ends. No dragging it out any longer.

For arguements sake, let's just say it's Hastings or Osbourne. We see how they are caught, interviewed and last seen in a prison cell.

Or would ye prefer if H is revealed as a cliffhanger and series 7 is all about taking them down finally.

Fitz* wrote: »
    Would people be happy if H was revealed & arrested on Sunday? And then that's it's, Line of Duty is over and all wrapped up with no loose ends. No dragging it out any longer.

For arguements sake, let's just say it's Hastings or Osbourne. We see how they are caught, interviewed and last seen in a prison cell.

Or would ye prefer if H is revealed as a cliffhanger and series 7 is all about taking them down finally.

The latter

57 mins isn't enough to properly wrap it up on Sunday

The latter

That's true. Even 90 odd minutes would be stretching it a bit. But as mentioned above, maybe a 2 episode special could close it out.

Eventually, I would like the overall series to end in a way that everything is closed out though. I don't like when series finish with an open ended question finale.

My hunches:

Actually, I would happy with this finish, on 2 of the 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

The latter

In addition to H there are other points to be resolved:
    • Steve's possible suspension if he doesn't report for testing 5 days from the email
    • Steph's 50k in the attic
    • Is Kate completely off the hook for Ryan's killing?
    • If there's a body under the floor, who was it how does it link in with everything?
    • If Thurwell is dead then who killed him and who was the female?
    • Why/How/when was Jo bribed//blackmailed/corrupted into doing the OCG's bidding?
    • What will happen with Ted being forced into retirement?

I'd also like to see the matter of Carmichael having a tracker placed on Steve's private car addressed - if Kate and Jo had just stayed in Steve's apartment would they have been grand? How did Carmichael & co. know it was Kate driving the car and it wasn't just stolen or something.

There are probably more threads to be tied up.

Superb observations on LOD Reddit with Jo's interview and what she did and didn't react to with a "no comment"

It's a good companion piece to a poster here a couple of pages back who noticed similar

If only one scene deserves a re-watch before Sunday, it's probably Jo's interrogation
    So here are some things that interest me from Jo's "no comment" interview

• She knows who is running the OCG
    • She definately didn't know Hunter was her dad
    • She has some knowledge of other bent police officers
    • She knows exactly who she's been talking to on the encro-laptop
    • She knows the structure of the OCG intimately (and it's weaknesses)
    • She knows who was giving Pilkington his orders (may not be same person she's talking to)
    • She knows exactly who Marcus Thurwell is (possibly who she was told is her dad)
    • She almost definately knows who actually killed Gail Vella (and it isn't Carl Banks)
    • She knows/thinks either Ted or Carmichael is bent, and hasn't said anything that might get her Lakewell'd

Edit: One last one... Sorry!

• Her reaction when Thurwell was brought up made me think that whoever it is she's been talking to on the laptop (or thinks she's been talking to) it's NOT Marcus Thurwell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

I think the show will reveal that Kate is Gene Hunt's daughter.

I can also reveal an image of bent copper h
    551929.png

i6umk5v0gdw61.jpg
    wkaqe9vj5cw61.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I just finished watching all the previous seasons and a few things caught my attention - I'll spoiler
    1. In season 1 Osborne (Chief Inspector) was of junior rank to Hilton (Chief Superintendent). This would seem odd if we are to believe that Osborne is H. Also Osborne's rapid rise to rank of Chief Constable may have been facilitated by H to put him in a position of power - that's if Osborne is bent at all.
    2. In season 5 John Corbett's body was dumped with hair fibers from Ted to try and incriminate him - fibers collected by Biggeloe. Makes sense as they had to dump the body anyway. But it was dumped alongside the remains of Jackie Laverty - a body that has been kept in Terry Boyle's freezer since Season 1. Why? It's weird considering the freezer was removed from Terry's flat more recently and only in conjunction with investigation of Gail Vella. A point specifically raised this season.
    3. Carmichael in Season 5 gives no indication that she is aware of the real goings on with the OCG. In fact she meticulously chases the evidence as it was fed to her. She is the definition of a scapegoat and seems to be used an unwitting tool to get things done. This season seems the same.
    4. The main MO for the OCG is to get police officers to do their bidding based on backmail or hidden incriminating evidence. Their is no real proof that H/Forth man etc is a police officer, or a man. Given that Biggeloe gave evidence in exchange for immunity, it is unlikely that she knew who H was.
    5. Jo Davidson is the key to the identification of H - whether it's through Tommy Hunter or Thurwell. But she seems to be the only character that actually knows the identity of H - maybe also Lakewell.

Although the safe money is on Osborne I think it's as likely to be DCC Wise or Rohan Sindwhani or maybe someone left field like Lomax

That's assuming the main 3 are out of the running

Hyzepher wrote: »
    I just finished watching all the previous seasons and a few things caught my attention - I'll spoiler

Great post

You should un-spoiler it all though. None of it mentions anything in trailers or episodes that haven't aired yet

So it's grand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭Gmaximum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭tiegan

Great post

You should un-spoiler it all though. None of it mentions anything in trailers or episodes that haven't aired yet

So it's grand

How can I "unspoiler it"???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

tiegan wrote: »
    How can I "unspoiler it"???

Click edit post, then delete the spoiler tags

oneilla wrote: »

I'd also like to see the matter of Carmichael having a tracker placed on Steve's private car addressed - if Kate and Jo had just stayed in Steve's apartment would they have been grand? How did Carmichael & co. know it was Kate driving the car and it wasn't just stolen or something.

There are probably more threads to be tied up.

This is why I think Kate may be working undercover for Carmichael. It wasn’t the car but Kate that had a tracker on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Tiger20

Click edit post, then delete the spoiler tags

Boards for dummies question, but how do you click edit post? Cant find option anywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,138 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I think s7 has already been strongly hinted at with the disbandment of ac12 and merging of other units under Carmichael or other and ted retired or worse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,274 ✭✭✭volchitsa

This is why I think Kate may be working undercover for Carmichael. It wasn’t the car but Kate that had a tracker on them.
    That would work for part of it, but then why did she accuse Steve of having denonced them (because she didn't know how else they could have been found so soon)? Did she need to keep her cover at that stage?

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls: "Very concerned about statements by the IOC at Paris2024 (M)ultiple international treaties and national constitutions specifically refer to women & their fundamental rights, so the world (understands) what women -and men- are. (H)ow can one assess fairness and justice if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,274 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Tiger20 wrote: »
    Boards for dummies question, but how do you click edit post? Cant find option anywhere

Should be to the right of the QUOTE button on your own posts. Bottom right of your post. Maybe it disappears after a time?

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls: "Very concerned about statements by the IOC at Paris2024 (M)ultiple international treaties and national constitutions specifically refer to women & their fundamental rights, so the world (understands) what women -and men- are. (H)ow can one assess fairness and justice if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

Advertisement