Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,138 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    The latter

57 mins isn't enough to properly wrap it up on Sunday

Is it 90 mins ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Tiger20 wrote: »
    Boards for dummies question, but how do you click edit post? Cant find option anywhere
    You can only edit your own posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Much reports in the media.

That whether it’s to wrap up or leave a cliffhanger,
    H WILL be revealed in the next episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,138 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

S7 or not , everything in the series needs to wrap up and after that an oul extra cliff hanger would be welcome:)

volchitsa wrote: »
    That would work for part of it, but then why did she accuse Steve of having denonced them (because she didn't know how else they could have been found so soon)? Did she need to keep her cover at that stage?

Yeah I think it was all a ruse. Kate’s not sure about Ted since last season. Carmichael too.

Kate has left AC12 and joined the regular coppers. Everyone on her team knows she was AC12 and she was accepted with open arms into a team that includes Buckles, Davidson and Pilkington. I don’t think she would be in that team unless someone (Carmichael?) made it happen.

Gawd knows though. I just wanna be right about something! :D 60 minutes tomorrow won’t give us all our answers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Ted will die in a blaze of glory.
    James Nesbitt will be brought into the sequel to continue to provide nordie quotations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

Kate has left AC12
    But had she though? Ted described her as HIS officer to Carmichael last week ??
    Could Kate saying/acting like she left AC-12 be a ruse ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

volchitsa wrote: »
    Should be to the right of the QUOTE button on your own posts. Bottom right of your post. Maybe it disappears after a time?

Should be still able to edit it. I checked my last post from this morning at the "edit" button is still there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

My prediction is that Osbourne will be revealed as H but Steve will be killed. Next season will be Ted, Kate and Chloe trying to prove that Osbourne is H and responsible for Steve's death. Not sure how that would work with Ted's forced retirement and AC-12's disbandment. There might be some revelations in Gail Vella's investigations that are leaked to the media which would put political pressure to invest in anti-corruption and keep AC-12 and Ted in place.

Or maybe Carmichael is revealed to be bent or is killed, leaving Ted in place to stay on as head of AC.

If the BBC truly intended tomorrow's episode to be the last one ever, it would be marketed as such to generate even more hype. In fact the entire season would be marketed as the last season. And I don't think they'd want to continue without Ted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

And I don't think they'd want to continue without Ted.

That would be the opposite of suckin diesel. Burning dirty petrol?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I just wish it was over I'm finding it to be the least enjoyable season it just looks so cliched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

That would be the opposite of suckin diesel. Burning dirty petrol?

Stall the digger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

I hear final episode of this season is to be 90 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

Garlinge wrote: »
    I hear final episode of this season is to be 90 mins.

Just showing as an hour on BBC TV listings anyway. And on the TV planner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Mercurio couldn't edit down episode 6 to 90 mins in a way he liked, so he asked for a full extra episode instead

So we got 7 episodes this season, but no extended finale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭chooseusername

Mercurio couldn't edit down episode 6 to 90 mins in a way he liked, so he asked for a full extra episode instead

Maybe that's why episode six seemed to have a bit of pointless filler in it?
    and if it's the grande finale, maybe there's a couple of endings in the can,
    so no one knows the ending until the night.

Maybe that's why episode six seemed to have a bit of pointless filler in it?

Very true

Nothing in LOD ever feels like padding, but the first act with Kate and Jo was really stretching things out for the sake of it

Vicky McClure and Martin Compston are on Jonathan Ross tonight. For anyone that's interested.

Whatever happens tomorrow night, it looks like this massive story arc is getting closure

ivix91ks1hw61.jpg

Very true

Nothing in LOD ever feels like padding, but the first act with Kate and Jo was really stretching things out for the sake of it

Agree. But it might have been for a bigger picture that we don't know about yet. Maybe something will be unveiled in episode 7. Otherwise it's just totally ridiculous. Jed says that Chloe being Tony's daughter would be ridiculous....well nothing could be more ridiculous than those 20 minutes, unless something comes of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

Vicky McClure and Martin Compston are on Jonathan Ross tonight. For anyone that's interested.

One to record and watch on Monday imo.

I've managed to avoid absolutely everything LOD related apart from the 1 thing that was accidentally posted here so as much as I'd enjoy watching them, I'll avoid it just in case.

Whatever happens tomorrow night, it looks like this massive story arc is getting closure

ivix91ks1hw61.jpg

Have to say, I'm genuinely feeling sad that this could be the end.

dobman88 wrote: »
    One to record and watch on Monday imo.

Agreed

The spoilers by the BBC have already been too much and Martin (Steve) in particular must be on a separate fee for show PR :pac:

Apparently he Tweeted a 17 second video last night that was spoiler heavy. I've managed to avoid it thankfully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭chooseusername

Agreed

The spoilers by the BBC have already been too much and Martin (Steve) in particular must be on a separate fee for show PR :pac:

Apparently he Tweeted a 17 second video last night that was spoiler heavy. I've managed to avoid it thankfully
    Nothing to see, all part of the hype.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭lurker2000

My money is on Steph. Where can I put a fiver on her ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

The first 20 minutes of the last episode must have some later relevance or else there would have been no need for the extra episode this season as all could have been covered in a 90 minute finale

Have to say, I'm genuinely feeling sad that this could be the end.

For Steve or Ted, definitAly

One of them won't make it

Lies Cost Lives

What an amazing show though. Like - apart from Unforgotten - when was the last time we were counting down the days to the next episode of anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

You would have to worry about Ted really. Unless catching H redeems him and his forced retirement is cancelled he could be brown bread unfortunately.:(

For Steve or Ted, definitAly

One of them won't make it

Lies Cost Lives

What an amazing show though. Like - apart from Unforgotten - when was the last time we were counting down the days to the next episode of anything?

Haven't watched Unforgotten yet. I will do though.

I think it was probably Sherlock for me. And similarly, had to wait around 2 years in between each series. By the time I got to watch Breaking Bad, I was able to watch them one after the other, I was late to that one.

Yes, this "lies cost lives" tagline hasn't really proven itself yet, has it? So it's down to episode 7...

• Advertisement

Yes, confirmed as a 60 minute episode by Craig Parkinson,....who has already seen it. Lucky chap.

Advertisement