Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Kerry Gilbert on Twitter has excellent reinactions of LOD, so funny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Lisha wrote: »
    Kerry Gilbert on Twitter has excellent reinactions of LOD, so funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Hyzepher wrote: »
    If Ted is "H" then the show has jumped the shark.

Betcha he disappears with an OCG henchman after a lengthy interrogation

57yfyd.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

Watched final episode of last season last night. 90 minutes long and didn't feel it. Disappointing that tonight's is only an hour.

Initially I didn't agree but now I'm in agreement that there might be a seventh (and final, surely) series.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭raclle

Initially I didn't agree but now I'm in agreement that there might be a seventh (and final, surely) series.
    Like other posters mentioned to wrap up everything nicely it needs a 7th series as an hour tonight won't cover it. There's too much still unexplained

• Advertisement

If so, part of me wants it to be wrapped up at this point, but another part is glad it won't be over for another while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

If tonight was 90 minutes, I might think it will be the last ever episode. But no way they can successfully conclude everything satisfactorily in 60 minutes. There has to be at least one more season and my guess will be Owen Teale will have a much more prominent role in that season.

Currently facing a conundrum here. No work 2m...do I have wine or do I stay off it to keep my wits about me for the finale

Currently facing a conundrum here. No work 2m...do I have wine or do I stay off it to keep my wits about me for the finale
    Oh do enjoy some wine - treat yourself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭appledrop

I'm definitely having a g&t tonight while watching final episode, sure it's a big night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,023 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Not long until more Jed, Suranne Jones and Martin Compston drama.

Missus is working tonight.. so as much as I love her, bollocks if I'm waiting for her to watch it! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Basq wrote: »
    Cool. I like the claustrophobic tension of submarine shows.

appledrop wrote: »
    I'm definitely having a g&t tonight while watching final episode, sure it's a big night!
    I'm gonna have some rum and coke or Club Orange. I'm at the age where I have to think through what would be the safest to drink. Have a bit of a head cold so rum seems the most medicinal. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Basq wrote: »

Not long until more Jed, Suranne Jones and Martin Compston drama.

Missus is working tonight.. so as much as I love her, bollocks if I'm waiting for her to watch it! :D

grounds for divorce in my gaff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭raclle

I'm gonna have some rum and coke or Club Orange. I'm at the age where I have to think through what would be the safest to drink. Have a bit of a head cold so rum seems the most medicinal. :D
    No way, me too :p I actually posted in the weather thread blaming the change in weather :D. I wouldn't mind a few hot whiskies later but I'll prob lose focus on what's going on in the show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I have a bad feeling in my waters for Ted tonight…

The name of the programme is Line of Duty and I suspect that Ted might fall in pursuit of it!!

By all accounts, tonight will be a major eventful episode but it is very bizarre feeling not knowing if it will be the last ever episode. At least with shows like Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones, you knew that you were watching the series finale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,012 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

At least we don't have that threat of a delayed Man United - Liverpool game being played concurrently with this tonight!

A few of the actors social media posts seem to be suggesting the same thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭banie01

The tweets from Martin Compston, Vickie McClure and Jed all have an air of finality to them.
    Very much a reminiscent nature IMO.

I really do hope that it's an effort to build tension and that there is a series 7, rather than a rush to tie up all the loose plot lines in an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

Snooker for me. Lino later. Lucky to have an understanding missus who doesn't mind waiting. So I'm sure I'll have plenty of reading to keep me going tomorrow when I catch up with this thread.

banie01 wrote: »
    The tweets from Martin Compston, Vickie McClure and Jed all have an air of finality to them.
    Very much a reminiscent nature IMO.

I really do hope that it's an effort to build tension and that there is a series 7, rather than a rush to tie up all the loose plot lines in an hour.

Yeah, but I still think if this was the final season, the BBC would be marketing it as such. My guess is that one of the main trio will die, and my guess is Steve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Yeah it's really feeling like the end of the road for this show 😞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Yeah, but I still think if this was the final season, the BBC would be marketing it as such. My guess is that one of the main trio will die, and my guess is Steve.

They are, every chance they get it's mentioned that it's the series finale.
    Now I'd hope that as a bastion of "Britishness" that they are referring to series in the singular and it's just the series 7 finale.

There is a worry though that current parlance of season as a synonym for series.
    With series itself being used to refer to all seasons, the totality of the show that the BBC's pushing of "Series Finale" is an effort to be deliberately ambiguous.

Edit:
    The promo I just watched ran with "Line Of Duty Concludes" so it may well be the end, but I hope not!

Il be devastated if Ted dies

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,126 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Surely someone has to die.

Can't see how they tie it up in an hour.

I want it tied up nicely.

I also want another series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭chooseusername

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Surely someone has to die.

Can't see how they tie it up in an hour.

I want it tied up nicely.

I also want another series.
    You can't have both,
    pick one

You can't have both,
    pick one

I think you can. The H / OCG plot could be wrapped up today and the next season could be about the investigation of a corrupt police officer without any of the OCG baggage.

Maybe he/she is just in it for themselves for financial gain or maybe to hide a crime they committed. There are plenty of corrupt police officers without needing to be part of a massive decade old conspiracy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭chooseusername

I think you can. The H / OCG plot could be wrapped up today and the next season could be about the investigation of a corrupt police officer without any of the OCG baggage.

Maybe he/she is just in it for themselves for financial gain or maybe to hide a crime they committed. There are plenty of corrupt police officers without needing to be part of a massive decade old conspiracy.
    I interpreted "nicely" as one dead bent copper.
    No loose ends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Lockheed

Very true. I think that'd be a lot more interesting!
    You'd think that there'd be plenty of laddering and covering-up going on since the main anti corruption team is solely focused on finding one key bent copper. Be a lot easier to get away with little things, when you're keeping anti corruption on a permanent witch hunt..

Advertisement