Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

Finished watching season 4 recently, after giving up on the show during season 3. Was a very good season overall, but it went a bit jerry Bruckheimer with Jamie at the end though, was kinda silly.

The show is let down by the absolutely garbage acting by the guy who plays Steve, along with his incompetence at basic self defence, considering he is a police officer, and former counter terrorist commanding officer. It's ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Starts on RTE 2 on November 15th. Double bill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭brian_t

Starts on RTE 2 on November 15th. Double bill.

That will be series 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

brian_t wrote: »
    That will be series 3.

Which is actually already on Netflix....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sony Crime are showing the first series (and probably the rest) starting on Friday 9 PM with subsequent episodes over the weekend (best to series it)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,016 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Vicky McClure was on Top Gear last week and mentioned filming doesn't start on next series until end of the year so it'll be Autumn 2019 at least before we see more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Watching the trailer on Sony, they all look so much younger!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,476 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Just watched ep 1 of season 2.

Holy ****

noodler wrote: »

Holy ****

Now, you’re sucking diesel, fella.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭dball

Holy ****

jealous:mad:

• Advertisement

Season three finale there.

Jay

Zeus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,273 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Season three finale there.

Jay

Zeus

Isn't it just epic epic tv?!!

It's the one show that genuinely seems to get better season after season...

Jed Mercutio has a new series coming out on BBC this year too with Keeley Hawes starring: https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/4618036/when-does-bodyguard-start-on-bbc-one-whos-in-the-cast-with-keeley-hawes-and-richard-madden-and-whats-it-about/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭bisset

RTE seem to be showing Series 3 shortly after Series 1 ( they passed me by first time around) without showing Series 2. Is there any reason for this ? Should I try to access Series 2 elsewhere before watching Series 3 on the RTE Player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭Unearthly

bisset wrote: »
    RTE seem to be showing Series 3 shortly after Series 1 ( they passed me by first time around) without showing Series 2. Is there any reason for this ? Should I try to access Series 2 elsewhere before watching Series 3 on the RTE Player.

First 3 seasons are on Netflix. Definitely watch the 2nd before 3rd. There are on going story arcs between the seasons

bisset wrote: »

Are you sure you've missed series 2.

According to DigiGuide RTE have been showing two episodes together late on a Monday night for the last seven weeks.

That is a total of 14 episodes so far.

5 from series one.

6 from series two.

and 3 so far from series three.

If you can't get them elsewhere all four series can be borrowed from your local lending library.

Just to add - there doesn't seem to be any episodes available on the RTE Player at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

First teaser for Season 5 at the link below.

https://www.radiox.co.uk/news/tv-film/video-line-duty-teaser-trailer-season-five/

Not on youtube yet, so I can't embed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,291 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Stephen Graham is in series 5

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭trashcan

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Stephen Graham is in series 5

Always to be welcomed. Quality actor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Season 4 added to Netflix today.

Season 4 added to Netflix today.

Ooohh cant wait

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Well that escalated quickly. :eek:

im jealous of anyone watching line of duty for the first time

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Finished season 4. Hard to judge on a binge. Not sure it was as good as some said, but still enjoyed it, even discounting the believability aspect and odd bit of hokey police dialogue. Very much cranked up the drama in 4.04 and the end of the finale was a bit bonkers. Interrogation scenes were good. Dunno what it is about some of these upper echelon types that seem to be such sleazeballs - Hilton. I often get the sense there’s an element of self-delusion in the main person they’re after too. Can’t beat a good Hastings frustration scene. Sir, I must protest!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 freespace9

F*cking amazing TV fella!

I binged all episodes on Netflix in the space of a week and for me it's probably the best British Drama of all time.

I'm going to try Bodyguard next as it's by Mercurio too. I'm not even a big TV fan but I need more of the same after those outstanding 23 episodes. Season 4 definitely dipped below seasons 1-3's standards but it was still gripping stuff.

After Bodyguard which of Mercurio's work should I try after?

Critical or Bodies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

freespace9 wrote: »

I binged all episodes on Netflix in the space of a week and for me it's probably the best British Drama of all time.

I'm going to try Bodyguard next as it's by Mercurio too. I'm not even a big TV fan but I need more of the same after those outstanding 23 episodes. Season 4 definitely dipped below seasons 1-3's standards but it was still gripping stuff.

Critical or Bodies?

Lower your expectations alot.

^ Ah, it's not that bad.. exciting for the most part, but disappointing if you compare it to LoD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

freespace9 wrote: »

Critical or Bodies?

I haven't been able to find bodies. Curious to see what it's like.

• Advertisement

oneilla wrote: »
    I haven't been able to find bodies. Curious to see what it's like.
    Yeah, no idea why the Beeb haven't repeated given Jed Mercutio's acclaim in recent years.

Have heard it's excellent.. but might have to be a DVD order.

Advertisement