Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

No one, makes mugs, of AC 12.

41l-Ols9QIL._AC_SY580_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭magic17

Wow, that was absolutely atrocious. Quite possibly the worst ending they could have had. Just dreadful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,016 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Maybe "H" stood for Horses**** coz that what this ending was, so disappointed

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,799 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Thank you

Patently said he wasn't boss of ocg and that there was no boss, ie no big H

Therefore you were wrong on both accounts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

In all fairness, these shows are usually pretty hard to close satisfactorily. Especially after several years of explosive storylines and endless speculation. But yeah, that was a real whimper to go out on.

But surely a really top showrunner would have some sort of satisfying finale sketched out, even if it took a few implausible twists to get there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,612 ✭✭✭archfi

Without a doubt, the deterioration of plot, characters, dialogue is a trademark of Jed Mercurio.
    That was absolutely awful.
    Fifteen-ish minutes wasted on Steve's back problems in a 60 minute episode, but as it turns out what other sh1te would the writer have filled that approx 15 minutes with?

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

Based on this now, it is a pity they killed off the caddy so quick to replace with that idiot :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Hold on Buckles witnessed Jimmy getting murdered in his cell and told that's what happens to Rats and looked genuinely frightened for his life so no way he is the top dog.
    Roll on Season 7

He's not the top dog, he just got caught.

H was only always someone in the police, not the head of the OCG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,012 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

What a massive let down of a finale.

Did Hastings cut Buckells off during the interview when he was about to reveal the other guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Just watched Dot's escape from AC-12. Nothing will beat that. I was kind of expecting something good like that to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

He clearly left that open for a new season especially with Ted saying he'll appeal his retirement. My guess will be that his appeal will be successful and he'll be given command of a unit within Carmicheal's AC division. Kate and Steve will be with him. They'll try to track down how Buckles kept getting promoted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,091 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Buckells as H a little underwhelming to be honest.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭appledrop

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Mother of God that was S****

I have to agree.

A big anti climax. No way Buckles is the top guy, just the fall guy.

It has to be Osbourne and will never be caught now Carmichael in charge.

A damp squid for final episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭Unearthly

The only thing that could have made that worse is if Arya stabbed H in the back with a knife and a dragon burned down AC 12

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭voldejoie

Not sure how I feel about it tbh, was always going to be a victim of its own hype and be underwhelming no matter what but definitely wasn't quite what I was expecting! I think the tagline at the end might be pointing to
    Carmichael et al being involved in institutionalised corruption
    , but god knows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

But surely a really top showrunner would have some sort of satisfying finale sketched out, even if it took a few implausible twists to get there

It just shows they make it up as they go along.
    You’d expect an ending and work back the way, if Buckels was meant to be H from the get go, they’d have landed a better actor (not necessarily bigger) for the long pay off. It was poor acting continuously.

Fitz* wrote: »

Did Hastings cut Buckells off during the interview when he was about to reveal the other guy?

I think Ted just got bored, I certainly did :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

Speaking of making mugs of AC12. The Hairy Baby lads with the finger on the pulse.

https://www.hairybaby.com/ac-12-best-of-hastings-mug

On a side note, can't believe I left the snooker for that load of nonsense. Worst TV episode I've seen in a long time. Hugely disappointing.

Unearthly wrote: »
    The only thing that could have made that worse is if Arya stabbed H in the back with a knife and a dragon burned down AC 12

And if Nesbitt showed up :)

Honestly don't think that finale could have been worse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

appledrop wrote: »

A damp squid for final episode.

d9920f0e-6212-48fa-9b82-ba9104f44fd9_screenshot.jpg

Hold on Buckles witnessed Jimmy getting murdered in his cell and told that's what happens to Rats and looked genuinely frightened for his life so no way he is the top dog.
    Roll on Season 7

Top secret top dog isn't going to tell some random hired grunt hey man I'm not scared because it's me! Don't tell anyone shhh! He was totally pretending

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Fitz* wrote: »

Thought so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Thank you

He's not Main H though

He took the hit for him/her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,025 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Tzardine wrote: »
    d9920f0e-6212-48fa-9b82-ba9104f44fd9_screenshot.jpg
    Perfect!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

The BBC were obviously proud that LOD was trending all day. They probably want to stay away from Twitter now. It has not been well received.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

KatW4 wrote: »
    Just watched Dot's escape from AC-12. Nothing will beat that. I was kind of expecting something good like that to happen.

Was that the series where the armed gunmen came in during one of the long interviews??

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    He's not Main H though

He took the hit for him/her

There is no him / her

Terrible conclusion

Reviews should be interesting, I'm just amazed how such a series could have ended so badly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭appledrop

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Honestly don't think that finale could have been worse

I have to agree.

I mean I thought I couldn't get any worse than last weeks episode, but it did.

I actually have no interest in another series of that balderdash and I say that as someone who is a huge LOD fan.

I'll just keep rewatching the good seasons and pretend 6 never happened!

Advertisement