Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Really disappointing.

Buckells meh.

Another season chasing Osbourne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Unearthly wrote: »
    The only thing that could have made that worse is if Arya stabbed H in the back with a knife and a dragon burned down AC 12

Ah wait for the real ending where Ted Snow unofficially lynches Ser Alliser Osborne and his henchmen

https%3A%2F%2Fwinteriscoming.net%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F05%2FGoT-603-32-630x361.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Only good part of that episode was when Buckells asked Ted if he'd like a glass of water, I was in stitches in the house with the look on Ted's face

What was that a callback to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,241 ✭✭✭downtheroad

1/10

The 1 point is for the golden retriever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Buckled under the hype

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    What was that a callback to?

When Buckells was being interviewed earlier on in the season, when he a shambling fumbling mess Ted asked him if he'd like a glass of water

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Osbourne was the obvious choice to be the Forth Man but Jed decided to have a twist with Buckles despite not making much sense. Classic example of an obvious plot being more satisfying than an unnecessary twist if the obvious plot is done right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Terrible just terrible... I'm out. No season 7 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

jojofizzio wrote:
    Was that the series where the armed gunmen came in during one of the long interviews??

Yep, shot through the glass!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

How come the likes of the Caddy and the lady could bust themselves out of AC12, yet someone more powerful in the group just let them take him without a whimper!!

It not like they couldn't of done another corrupt shooter with all the gun police around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,012 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,612 ✭✭✭archfi

Credibilty out the window in one photo.
    552116.jpg

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Aph2016

What the hell was that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Whatever about the script, I thought Adrian Dunbar's performance was excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,401 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Sweet Jesus Mary Joseph and the wee donkey.... that was damper than tomorrow's weather forecast.
    I didn't want a 7th season but they really need to do better than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

• Registered Users Posts: 6,170 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

1/10

The 1 point is for the golden retriever

The retriever brings it up to 5.....definitely a 1 otherwise:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Who has a better story than Buckles the Broken?

It was that bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭appledrop

The problem with that last episode is that it actually ruins the credibility of so many episodes.

Are we really meant to believe that Buckles on his computer had them all quaking in their boots in Season 5&6?

Not a chance.

archfi wrote: »
    552116.jpg

It was hilarious, a few episodes ago the OCG were perfectly happy to engage in a ferocious shoot-out, this episode they were nullified by a tazer and a bit of shouting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,170 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

552116.jpg

:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Perhaps there'll be a Christmas special?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,812 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Rubbish episode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

It’s like the ending of Amber all over again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭siblers

552116.jpg

Was thinking that too

That whole scene felt all very rushed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

There was only one thing that could have saved that tosh

When Ted made that impassioned speech to Carmichael I fully expected her to open her door and say "I agree" or something to that effect so it could lay the foundation for another season

But instead we have an ending that basically means the entire 6 season arc was utterly pointless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭appledrop

Everyone going mental on twitter.

Some great comments on there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,281 ✭✭✭volchitsa

I thought it was as good as it could be. It was never going to be utterly amazing after 7 seasons, because we've been over all the possibilities ourselves, but I thought it was a workmanlike finish.

I enjoyed it, and it did wrap things up pretty well, while leaving a new possibility for a future series (Oh Ted, my heart broke for you!!)

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls: "Very concerned about statements by the IOC at Paris2024 (M)ultiple international treaties and national constitutions specifically refer to women & their fundamental rights, so the world (understands) what women -and men- are. (H)ow can one assess fairness and justice if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

The scene with Kate and the doctor was so jarring. It felt like it was just shoehorned in there to hint at Kate returning to AC12 or a possible Steve/Kate romance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,612 ✭✭✭archfi

appledrop wrote: »
    The problem with that last episode is that it actually ruins the credibility of so many episodes.

Are we really meant to believe that Buckles on his computer had them all quaking in their boots in Season 5&6?

Not a chance.
    ^This
    I don't even think I could go back and rewatch the good series because of that shyte tonight!

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

Advertisement