Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

Perhaps there'll be a Christmas special?

I said that to the missus. A prequel type thing, cos that was a load of bollox. Turned the snooker off for that. Anyone know a good divorce lawyer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

It both ended and not ended in the same episode. Buckles both is the boss and isn't the boss.

And y'know, I don't care anymore.

I think I loved it because there was loads of ted in it. No one died and I was emosh at terry Boyle at the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

appledrop wrote: »
    Everyone going mental on twitter.

Some great comments on there!

Twitter is always mental about something.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

The problem with that last episode is that it actually ruins the credibility of so many episodes.

Are we really meant to believe that Buckles on his computer had them all quaking in their boots in Season 5&6?

Not a chance.

Balls, you're right

Tonight's episode puts one of my fav seasons - 5 - in a much shíter light

Buckells was the one giving Corbett & Co orders over the laptop

Arrrrgghh!

Mercurio is clever. Why did he have to do a "twist" for twist's sake?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

c47d767a08614dd584623f1ff8a734ab.jpg
    All solved, no need for the dog now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,612 ✭✭✭archfi

Everyone going mental on twitter.

Some great comments on there!
    This is my fave so far - but that will change within seconds if I keep looking!
    https://twitter.com/freyalouise_xx/status/1388964689992945686

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

We can always go back and watch Seasons 1-3.

The Caddy mystery really was the best storyline, because the show was interested in telling a story, not trying to play interactive Cluedo

sebdavis wrote: »
    Twitter is always mental about something.....

You obviously haven't seen the Current Affairs sub on here ;)

It makes Twitter look like a gathering of an elite Mensa mastermind group

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

The one about the submarine looks good anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

1/10

The 1 point is for the golden retriever
    jojofizzio wrote: »
    The retriever brings it up to 5.....definitely a 1 otherwise:D
    Similar tweets to that effect. Gorgeous doggo was the best part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

The one about the submarine looks good anyway

*H* MS Vigil

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

There has to be another season. With Ted appealing his retirement, Buckles clearly not the top man and AC-12 being split up there's huge scope for the story to develop further. Hastings arc with the Corbett confession isn't over. Neither is Arnotts with his back and addiction. In fact none of the storylines or arcs have been closed out at all really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Why didn't they just cut to Osborne sitting in his office laughing maniacally.

All they had to do was that... And all would have been forgiven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,612 ✭✭✭archfi

Twitter is a cesspit but when tv canon is ruined, it can be pretty bang on ;-)
    https://twitter.com/gillersss/status/1388968884703748096

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,012 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

molloyjh wrote: »
    THastings arc with the Corbett confession isn't over. Neither is Arnotts with his back and addiction.

That to me was the strongest indicator of another season. Carmichael is know in a place where she is aware of collusion by a serving police officer which resulted in the unlawful death of a UCO. Does she have to take action???

Very much a "meh" episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,025 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The worst thing Jed ever did was introduce and build up the character of 'H'..

.. as I said earlier, I'd no doubt it'd be disappointing revelation as was too long coming. But does the disappointing reveal of H make the showdown between Pilkington and Kate, the sudden killing of John Corbett, Steve being thrown down a flight of stairs any less exciting?!

C'mon.. you'll all be back here in 18 months to see what the fuss is about is another series is announced. For what it's worth, I think that's it.

But it was exciting, dramatic, theatrical TV.

Let the red mist pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭appledrop

We can always go back and watch Seasons 1-3.

The Caddy mystery really was the best storyline, because the show was interested in telling a story, not trying to play interactive Cluedo

Yep Season 2 & 3 outstanding.

Every single episode in Season 3 was outstanding, so much happened in each one.

I enjoyed parts of Season 4 but not all of it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,498 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

A somewhat down-tempo episode, though I liked the van switcheroo early on. I was quite concerned for Ted's health when he was in Carmichael's office, thought he was going to collapse, even before he went back in. It felt pretty final overall, with the three of them in the lift and everything being taken down as a nod to the show. But who the fup knows?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

There has to be another season. With Ted appealing his retirement, Buckles clearly not the top man and AC-12 being split up there's huge scope for the story to develop further. Hastings arc with the Corbett confession isn't over. Neither is Arnotts with his back and addiction. In fact none of the storylines or arcs have been closed out at all really.

Ted could delay his retirement, but it's on the way.
    I don't think much could come from his confession either. There's no emotional arc to it. Sure, Steph could have her character developed, but Ted is remorseful, and retired. It's reached a conclusion.

Steve's journey is very well wrapped, he sought help, reluctantly, and is massively relieved to see there's actually a support structure. They're not just out to get him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Don't think I want another season - they've basically said that the charges against Buckells will be dropped so theoretically he'll be back at work soon enough

Carmichael is a puppet who will thwart any attempt at reopening the investigation on an official level

Unless our three intrepid heroes go totally off book with a private investigation but that would make a sham of the show and take it in a completely preposterous direction altogether

I think this really is the end, and it's a shame because it's gone out with a whimper

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,126 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Nah mate, I'm not having it.

Buckells.....no.

OCG lads that shoot anything that moves with automatic weapons..... but they decided to lay down on the ground instead.

So much expectation but I'm totally disappointed having expected a 'boom' episode but got one closer to 'bust'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭almostover

archfi wrote: »
    Twitter is a cesspit but when tv canon is ruined, it can be pretty bang on ;-)
    https://twitter.com/gillersss/status/1388968884703748096

There must be one of those Hitler going buck ape to his generals in the bunker videos in the offing. Someone needs to make it happen.

LizT wrote: »
    The scene with Kate and the doctor was so jarring. It felt like it was just shoehorned in there to hint at Kate returning to AC12 or a possible Steve/Kate romance.

Yep that's my fear. If they go for Kate/Steve romance I'll throw the book at the TV along with the book shelf!

Nah I'm out for another series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

For once, I want the two protagonists to get it on. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

Im currently on season 4, Roz Huntley is an excellent character and for the life of me I can't remember this season at all, even the throw down the stairs etc.....It would have been better spending the time this evening watching another episode of that

Lisha wrote: »
    It’s like the ending of Amber all over again

Oh god don't bring that up, I'm still not over that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭scooby77

Ask Alexa "Who is H in Line of Duty?" :-)

• Advertisement

Advertisement