Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭raclle

Buckles is not H ffs - he was taking orders. Whoever from - that's H. A series seven is needed to confirm who it is. They keep referring to the person in question as a man too - no reason why they can't be a woman.
    My thoughts exactly. Not sure why people cant see there'll be another season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

This comment on LOD Reddit sums it up nicely
    I think they tried to pull off the "real life doesn’t end up with all corruption solved" angle but it comes across as a let down in a thriller tv series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Did Chloe literally make every major discovery about the OCG this season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Possibly intentional, it makes him out to be untouchable.

Fairly depressing ending, they basically never had a chance of bringing "H" down, whole system is too far gone. Hastings leaves his own misdeeds on a plate for Carmichael knowing she might do nothing about it because of the system she works in.

Carmichael is very good , shes actually not playing a human , she is playing the role of the institution itself , its fitting that she displays no human qualities and is ice cold , she isnt a human

she is the system and the system protects itself at all costs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

banie01 wrote: »
    Who forged the signatures on the production order when he was in prison for 1 thing?

I took it as meaning Lomax was bent but perhaps not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

raclle wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly. Not sure why people cant see there'll be another season

Its become a bit threadbare at this stage. The more series that continue the more flimsy it becomes. Buckles must be the least believable villain in tv history.

If Ted gets his job back after all he's done it would be a joke. He's one of the dodgiest of all yet he's head of anti corruption!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭raclle

banie01 wrote: »
    But FFS it was a mess, clearly buckles isn't H.
    Who forged the signatures on the production order when he was in prison for 1 thing?
    There are so many holes, it's a mess.
    So many questions left unanswered. When the dust settles and people review or even re-watch the episode they'll realise there'll be another season.

Until next time folks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

The BBC were obviously proud that LOD was trending all day. They probably want to stay away from Twitter now. It has not been well received.

I doubt they're too bothered about the tweet happy inhabitants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

Although maybe the seven episodes instead of the usual six was the compensation for the usual feature-length series finale.

But still, the summary thing at the end would surely include a bit about each of the three amigos.

Nah, the door is still open. My money is on a seventh series.

• Advertisement

Very underwhelming ending, can’t see the point of James Nesbitt’s photo being used.

Although maybe the seven episodes instead of the usual six was the compensation for the usual feature-length series finale.

But still, the summary thing at the end would surely include a bit about each of the three amigos.

Nah, the door is still open. My money is on a seventh series.

If this truly was the final season, I don't think Jed would have left the part about Ted appealing his retirement unanswered. My guess is that the BBC told Jed before he started to write this season is if it does well in the ratings, you can have a season 7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,096 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

All I can say is "meh".

Just went to my Podcasts app for Obsessed With

The good news: Mercurio is the mini guest on the intro

The not so good news: Sarah Millican is the main guest

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Piehead

Piehead wrote: »
    This is utter nonsense. Full of plot holes. It’s so poorly written real case of emperor’s clothes here. It’s tied itself in knots like Lost. Pure dung. It’s stinks

As I called it last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Could Covid have restricted it in any way?

Clutching at straws but really bamboozled if Mercurio et al were happy with those last two episodes.

Some people were also expecting the finale to put a new spin on Kate's actions at the beginning of last week's episode, but no, it was just totally inexplicable character behavior and thus poor writing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Some people were also expecting the finale to put a new spin on Kate's actions at the beginning of last week's episode, but no, it was just totally inexplicable character behavior and thus poor writing.

That was disappointing alright.

On the podcast Jed essentially says it's Buckells. No mention of anyone higher up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Degag wrote: »
    I took it as meaning Lomax was bent but perhaps not.

I took it that because Kate's had been forged, and we know she wasn't behind it, then it's entirely possible that his had been as well

• Advertisement

Buckles was threatened with "that's what happens to a rat" when Lakewell was murdered on front of him

How is he H if Banks threatened him like this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

It wasn't a conclusion to a story, it was a political and ideological manifesto.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

Did Chloe literally make every major discovery about the OCG this season?

Under the direction of Ted and Steve though.... She does the donkey work. Same as Maneet used to do.
    It was Ted who told her to go back and look at all the paperwork for spelling & grammar...

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Buckles was threatened with "that's what happens to a rat" when Lakewell was murdered on front of him

That felt like a bit of an act, even at time.
    All the same, he wasn't involved in murders, seemingly just the high life side of things with the women, houses, cars and holidays.
    It still might have been shocking for him to witness someone being murdered in front of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

Yep, he's not.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

From that episode it looks like Buckells just took over from those that had been caught. He mentioned it in the interview. Most of the ocg work was based on communication with an unknown person. Someone who may have been more ruthless in the past - Buckells was merely riding on those coattails.

The main question is how he kept it all together once he was imprisoned. How did he get he phone/laptop etc into prison without reveling his identity.

Also, with the number of OCG he was allegedly in communication with, I would have like to see logs of other chats he had via the laptop that we were not already privy to. Like info relating to Lakewell, Denton etc

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

H isn’t necessarily the person orchestrating all the criminal activity. Is it not that Buckles is just enabling them and covering for them and stuff? (And getting paid a tasty sum for it....) Not that he’s the one in charge or anything.
    So Lakewell being killed in front of him was a warning from the criminals to keep his mouth shut. Hense his asking for witness protection.

r5fjn64jxrw61.png

• Advertisement

Chloe played a blinder

r1tqb6s9hrw61.jpg

Advertisement