Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Buckells = Boris

I unfollowed Mercurio weeks ago because of how politically charged his account was

He loathed Boris

https://twitter.com/campbellclaret/status/1388957022545137669

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Buckells = Boris

I unfollowed Mercurio weeks ago because of how politically charged his account was

He loathed Boris

You Like Boris?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hollyworth

Why was Jo portrayed as a victim. They even said tonight that she wasn't bent. Erm, huh? She most definitely was bent.

She may have been forced into doing things but that doesn't give her a pass. She was bent. Why am I supposed to have sympathy for her? Because she's a lesbian?

Hollyworth wrote: »
    Why was Jo portrayed as a victim. They even said tonight that she wasn't bent. Erm, huh? She most definitely was bent.

She may have been forced into doing things but that doesn't give her a pass. She was bent. Why am I supposed to have sympathy for her? Because she's a lesbian?

Thats a really good point!

Jo:"I'm not bent! Im just, you-know doing things ordered to me by an invisible leader of the OCG"

Same could be said by every bent copper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

Exactly. She framed Farida who was her ex, leading to her being assaulted in prison while being totally innocent. She drove Kate to her death. Very strange writing choices.

• Advertisement

Buckells = Boris

He loathed Boris

The same syndrome within the BBC destroyed Dr. Who. Just can't keep their fingers out of their personal political cookie jar and get on with the job of making some great storytelling.

You Like Boris?

No I don't, at all. How did you get that out of my post? :confused:

I unfollowed Mercurio because I expected LOD Tweets from him

Instead I got too many politically charged ones

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

AC12: Jo you are safe. Who was the top man?
    Jo: It was that senile guy from an earlier season.
    Senile Guy from an Earlier Season: Not a clue mate.
    Chloe: Wait a minute it wasn't senile guy it was Buckles.
    AC12: Ok but make sure Jo gets her witness protection for giving up the senile guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

It was bad wasn't it? Like GOT level of bad. I avoided this thread during each seasons run but from the second Ryan hit the floor so did the show. The baffling decision of why Kate ran after the shooting up to the final minute was meh at best.

I can see in what they were going for with buckles (assuming this is the end). There wasn't some mastermind behind the curtain and how politics swallowed it up the investigation The wire did a similar thing (albeit a 100 times better).

I think the actor who plays buckles is really weak so that didn't help. You can imagine the depth someone like Stephen Graham would have given him. It would have been really silly but even a keyser soze moment showing him to be one step ahead of them all and was acting like an idiot all the while pulling the strings would have been a better ending(i even thought for a plit second it was going that way).

Also I'm befuddled by why Kelly McDonald is supposed to get all this sympathy and a happy ending (and I thought she was great in it).

The only word is disappointing.

No I don't, at all. How did you get that out of my post? :confused:
    Apologies. You said "Mercurio loathed Boris" and then you said you unfollowed Mercurio.

So I put 2 + 2 together and got 17,995

Apologies again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭duffman13

mewso wrote: »
    AC12: Jo you are safe. Who was the top man?
    Jo: It was that senile guy from an earlier season.
    Senile Guy from an Earlier Season: Not a clue mate.
    Chloe: Wait a minute it wasn't senile guy it was Buckles.
    AC12: Ok but make sure Jo gets her witness protection for giving up the senile guy.

Yeah zero reference made to it.

Buckles owns £3million worth of property and got his laptop to prison. Also Jo framed the senior man who had to be intimidated to keep his mouth shut so as no to squeal on himself? Absolutely bizarre stuff

duffman13 wrote: »
    Buckles owns £3million worth of property

My stream stopped twice during the episode

Was this mentioned in his interview?

Regarding Buckles:

I do like how his face goes from plain: "No comment", into a smirk and then into "I made total mugs of you lot".

Yes.

Yes, he apparently owned a mansion and a fancy SUV. He spent the first half of the interview saying 'no comment' to everything but was spilling his guts out towards the end, apparently just to show AC-12 that they were 'mugs'.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Cartel Mike

Lee mack was more 'h' than buckles for sure. I think the show became a caricature of itself thsi season, same with the main characters. Kelly McDonald's character offered nothing to the show. If there is a season 7 i'll give this season a pass cause most of it was filmed during the pandemic which couldn't have been much fun for anyone.
    Who authorised Dot's escape and Tommy Hunter's killing? We know that wasn't Buckles. Very bad.

LOD Reddit
    To quote Kevin Bridges: "This has gone down about as well as somebody taking a shíte in your kettle!"

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭swarmberg

What is it with everyone mentioning "Jed" like he's there mate or something. Jed meant this, Jed meant that.

Disappointing ending especially after a great episode 5 - bungled along for the next two episodes.

Craig Parkinson to Mercurio on the Podcast

"Thanks for joining us, now go get writing Season 7"

Mercurio: "Emm, well, we'll see about that"

swarmberg wrote: »
    What is it with everyone mentioning "Jed" like he's there mate or something. Jed meant this, Jed meant that.

Would Mr. Mercurio Esq. be better suited to Boards? :pac:

• Advertisement

Regarding Buckles:

I do like how his face goes from plain: "No comment", into a smirk and then into "I made total mugs of you lot".

552132.jpg

They made mugs of AC-12

There's been hundreds of LOD gifts on Red Bubble and Etsy for at least 2 years now

Well worth a look if you're a fan

There's been hundreds of LOD gifts on Red Bubble and Etsy for at least 2 years now

Well worth a look if you're a fan

But... They made mugs of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Degag wrote: »
    Genuinely haven't been so excited for a tv episode in a long long time,

There is definately something to be said for watching week-on week as opposed to binging.

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Buckles was threatened with "that's what happens to a rat" when Lakewell was murdered on front of him

How is he H if Banks threatened him like this?

Cos they covered this, Buckles was basically their chief inside man for the police and coordinated the other bent coppers.

He coordinated for Hunters OCG. There is no longer a Hunters OCG its split into multiple groups, so unlikely they would know he's one of them, and even then he could still turn.

Buckles was a bent copper, not a criminal mastermind or head of the OCG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Yeah that was pretty stupid, why in the world are we meant to be happy for her?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,612 ✭✭✭archfi

Writer overdoes the agitprop then can't believe the reaction when his drama lacks any drama or sense by propping up his political bent in place of coherent drama and storyline.
    At least the likes of Alistair Campbell (!) and the Islington set are pouring praise on him so all's good in Jedland meanwhile the ordinary tv watcher go WTF??!! and get patronisation in spades again by the 'ones in the know'
    It's like the crew 'in the know' have avoided the root causes of what's changed since at least 2016 and continue smugly on their Carmichael way. Now that's ironic.

At least Doctor Who has a new partner in the dumpster of ruined shows.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭Ned Led Zeppo

Seven hours of pure tripe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

LOD always had political commentary and you can certainly see how Buckles' failing upwards can be applied to Boris Johnson and his cabinet. It might be accurate commentary but that doesn't mean it is a satisfying or entertaining finale for a TV thriller show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

How did someone who cant even spell definitely rise to such a high rank in the police? From 2003 to 2019, he didnt spell such a basic word correctly. 16 YEARS!!!??

It's meant to be a metaphor for incompetents rising to the top, probably aimed at the current British PM

" failing upwards " in the words of Hastings

Advertisement