Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,804 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Clear as day its was just building up a new season,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Think it would have been easier to swallow if Fairbank’s dementia was all an act and he was masterminding everything behind that veil. It still would have been a disappointment but anything is better than that sh*te that was served up last night.

I was actually hoping that this was the case when he was brought in, that there'd be some dramatic full steam impetuous to prove he was faking senility, a long interview where they trapped him into revealing himself

But no, let's go with the ridiculous ending instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,916 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Has to be another season. Buckles being H makes no sense. He's a middle man at best and he's been promoted through the ranks despite being incapable. He's so incapable it's impossible to believe he could be organised enough to do any of this stuff.
    It was a massively disappointing episode and of it's the last one that's unforgivable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,406 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I think it’s fair to say that the H story got out of hand without the writers having a clear idea how it was going to end. It was an extra layer to the story and probably grew but they had no end planned and the longer it went on the harder it was to have a good story behind it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,302 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

eagle eye wrote: »
    Has to be another season. Buckles being H makes no sense. He's a middle man at best and he's been promoted through the ranks despite being incapable. He's so incapable it's impossible to believe he could be organised enough to do any of this stuff.
    It was a massively disappointing episode and of it's the last one that's unforgivable.
    I totally agree, it was a disappointing season.
    I would be happy enough for it to end after that poor last episode, it feels like it has well and truly jumped the shark.

I was going with it though (just about) tbh up until the point Kate and Jo went on the run....it was downhill rapidly from there....the finale and Buckles being H made little sense, it didn't outline who was giving him orders. He is still a stooge.

Contrast this with the season finale for Unforgotten (which I honestly think blows this out of the water) it is night and day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Having seen the gorgeous country home, lover and beautiful dog Jo Davidson got, it is now my dream to enter the witness protection programme myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

salmocab wrote: »
    I think it’s fair to say that the H story got out of hand without the writers having a clear idea how it was going to end. It was an extra layer to the story and probably grew but they had no end planned and the longer it went on the harder it was to have a good story behind it.

This is exactly what happened to the mythology episodes in The X Files. The earlier mythology episodes where fantastic set ups but that whole plot got increasingly more ridiculous and out of hand as the show went on.

Likewise with Sherlock

NewRed2 wrote: »
    Having seen the gorgeous country home, lover and beautiful dog Jo Davidson got, it is now my dream to enter the witness protection programme myself
    Just specify you want the Jo Davidson option...not the Gill Biggeloe one (crappy beaten up car in grim flat complex)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Madelyn

Killing Ryan was disappointing, Steve never got to confront him.. There was more there with that story, he should have been questioned.. He knew everything.

Steve and Kate in the bar last night was pathetic. It was a bit of a disappointing finish..

Buckles knew kate was AC12, make no sense to me at all.. No investigation into who signed the release forms for JO.. Cant be buckles as he was in prison.

Fairbank was married, how was he JOs stepfather?

Too many unanswered questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

gmisk wrote: »
    Just specify you want the Jo Davidson option...not the Gill Biggeloe one (crappy beaten up car in grim flat complex)

Yeah, that was obviously Gill's mistake. She didn't fill out the form correctly :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Overall I think this series would have been so much better had they just done a new bent copper per series rather than trying to tie it all together under one OCG and mastermind.

100% this. Once it went down the H storyline it just turned into a Who Shot JR type show. Really disappointed with this whole season. In saying that I fully expect another season due to how they left things last night. It's completely lost its way at this stage.

Yeah, that was obviously Gill's mistake. She didn't fill out the form correctly :D
    She needs a better union rep!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

What a disappointment.

The writers were ultimately a victim of their own success. Their fast and loose improvised scripts played a big part in the excitement of the show, but they eventually wrote themselves into a corner with no real exit door.

It ended up being so convoluted, with so many main characters killed off, and so many loose ends, that I dont think even the great david chase could have pulled off a satisfactory ending to the show.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Louis Friend

Buckles is H and the boss of the OCG...that’s my shout...Keyser Soze

I can’t believe the posts claiming I was wrong and not giving me at least some credit for this shout.

The big interview was with Buckles. The man they were looking for was Buckles. It transpired that he had a mansion, a luxury SUV, and a Cayman Islands structure! Buckles sneering at Ted and crew that he made mugs of them!

Buckles doing the morning talk shows.

The correct answer was/is Ian Buckles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭chooseusername

So who is ‘H’?

- Buckles in a ‘Keyser Soze’ moment?
    - Ted Hastings?
    - Osborne?
    - Carmichael?
    You had it covered.

You had it covered.

I was asking people’s view…the question marks are the clue.

I nailed my colours to the mast…Buckles.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭purifol0

AC12 is being reduced by 90% because the budget was needed for Witness Protection's Hideout of the Year edition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

I was asking people’s view…the question marks are the clue.

I nailed my colours to the mast…Buckles.

Buckles isnt H. Hes a stooge taking the fall for the big boss.

They seemed to give up on a particular person being H which is frustrating. And replaced it with "the 4th man".

Decent shout but you nailed the guy set up to take the fall, not H.

The money, house and overseas bank accounts are from a life of being bent and a go between carrying out orders for the big OCG boss from the inside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Does anyone know the name of the actress that played Buckle's solicitor?
    Tried imdb, no luck, I recognised her last night and my wife was watching it now as she was out and I saw her again and it's wrecking my head!

One thing, Buckles could be fecking terrified after what he saw in the cell and taking the fall

• Advertisement

One thing, Buckles could be fecking terrified after what he saw in the cell and taking the fall

Exactly.

"This is what happens to rats"

dobman88 wrote: »
    Exactly.

"This is what happens to rats"

Or low level operative Banks doesn’t know about Buckles and Buckles was putting on an act…

Or low level operative Banks doesn’t know about Buckles and Buckles was putting on an act…

No, Buckles is just a completely incompetent idiot, happy taking orders in the safety of the police station where nobody suspects him and he gets a big payday but he shìt the bed soon as he had to deal with real criminals in prison knowing how easy they can get to him.

No, Buckles is just a completely incompetent idiot, happy taking orders in the safety of the police station where nobody suspects him and he gets a big payday but he shìt the bed soon as he had to deal with real criminals in prison knowing how easy they can get to him.

Buckles has millions of pounds and investments structured through the Cayman Islands.

The incompetent idiot thing was an act.

The reason I thought he’d be the big reveal is that he’s a constant throughout the series. He was everpresent. When I went back and rewatched the series I found myself thinking “I don’t remember Buckles being here”. Yet he was.

Buckles has millions of pounds and investments structured through the Cayman Islands.

The incompetent idiot thing was an act.

The reason I thought he’d be the big reveal is that he’s a constant throughout the series. He was everpresent. When I went back and rewatched the series I found myself thinking “I don’t remember Buckles being here”. Yet he was.

Yes, all set up for him by the OCG who needed a man on the inside who wouldn't arouse suspicion. Its not an act, he's a complete moron. And that was shown in the interview with how they backed him into a corner.

Not entitled to witness protection if he doesnt tell them who did what. Not entitled to.immunity if he confesses to anything. A criminal mastermind he is not.

I get that he was your shout and you want it to be right but I disagree. I don't see us agreeing on this tbf.

It's all very convenient that they were able to find his masterfully hidden ill gotten gains, so easily

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Have they left it open for another Season or is this definitely (hope that spelled correctly) the last season.
    Hastings is going to challenge his enforced retirement. Buckles does not seem competent enough to be an overall mastermind. There is still suspicion about the chief constable and Carmichael seems decidedly dodgy.
    She was very quick to move the interview with Jo away from Buckles.
    I agree Jo got off too lightly. She led Kate to her death and would have known that Terry Boyle was in grave danger.
    I initially thought they had her daughter kidnapped or something like that.

Yes, all set up for him by the OCG who needed a man on the inside who wouldn't arouse suspicion. Its not an act, he's a complete moron. And that was shown in the interview with how they backed him into a corner.

Not entitled to witness protection if he doesnt tell them who did what. Not entitled to.immunity if he confesses to anything. A criminal mastermind he is not.

I get that he was your shout and you want it to be right but I disagree. I don't see us agreeing on this tbf.

It seems very petty to claim that someone whose guess was Buckles was wrong when the big reveal was Buckles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

It seems very petty to claim that someone whose guess was Buckles was wrong when the big reveal was Buckles.

You seem overly keen for a pat on the back for guessing an ending that disappointed the vast majority of viewers! Well done, now can we move on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

A lot of very serious people around here. Lighten up :)

https://fb.watch/5fEd84iQJ_/

Advertisement