Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,512 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

sebdavis wrote: »
    Unforgotten is not finished, it will have a new series next year......

Yes but every season is a self contained crime to solve. You know at the end of a season you will get closure on the crime they investigated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    But ... he's not H though

He's the 4th Man and Ted cleared this up numerous times. There was no H

So why is it being retro-fitted as him being H by everyone from the actors to TV stations who are interviewing Nigel Boyle?

https://twitter.com/Villaboycey/status/1388962219468148751

He's not H, but he was the 4th man. He is bent. They were looking for bent coppers doing work for the OCG and that's what he was doing.

Of course, there may be (definitely is!!!) a 5th and 6th man, and more beyond, but for now, they have caught their man.

This is why "H" was changed to "4th man" for this season. Cue promo's for the 7th season where they talk about the "5th man" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,302 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I had kind of given up on this season so was only watching bits here and there

Was it not already revealed that Buckles was in the OCG when the solicitor was killed in his cell ?

And how was it not a flag to AC12 that he was killed in buckles cell when they were on the lookout for a corrupt cop
    Probably no record of him being Buckles cellmate...the prison officers were corrupt remember.
    They also made it look like a suicide

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Over-react much? "the worst kind of people"?

I was trying to give the poster a heads up to avoid all Google-ing of Unforgotten

That's all

giphy.gif

Of course the poster in question knows to avoid googling shows to avoid spoilers... they don't need you to tell them, and inadvertently spoil that season for them!

I have Unforgotten lined up for next watch and must admit that I did a small internal "FFS", upon seeing the comment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

Buckles was threatened with "that's what happens to a rat" when Lakewell was murdered on front of him

How is he H if Banks threatened him like this?

Did people not actually watch the show?? Buckells isn't H. Buckles stated quite clearly that Hunter was H. After Hunter died, the OCG broke up into factions. He was just the highest up cop left in it, so he facilitated the other factions. He was Johnny on the spot in the police, under duress from the actual OCG factions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Fandymo wrote: »
    Did people not actually watch the show?? Buckells isn't H. Buckles stated quite clearly that Hunter was H. After Hunter died, the OCG broke up into factions. He was just the highest up cop left in it, so he facilitated the other factions. He was Johnny on the spot in the police, under duress from the actual OCG factions.

Why didn't Cottan just point to his belt buckle instead of tapping out the Morse code.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

eagle eye wrote: »
    Has to be another season. Buckles being H makes no sense. He's a middle man at best and he's been promoted through the ranks despite being incapable. He's so incapable it's impossible to believe he could be organised enough to do any of this stuff.
    It was a massively disappointing episode and of it's the last one that's unforgivable.

Buckles isn't H. So that's that wrapped up. He was a middle man who's been promoted through the ranks despite being incapable. So that is that wrapped up. What's your actual issue?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Was it not already revealed that Buckles was in the OCG when the solicitor was killed in his cell ?

And how was it not a flag to AC12 that he was killed in buckles cell when they were on the lookout for a corrupt cop

It was Lakewell's cell. Buckells was there to eh, I guess be threatened by Lee Banks that rats get strangled to death in prison... so Buckells was warned not to rat, even though he was apparently directing the OCG headed to by Corbett in Series5 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,302 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

oneilla wrote: »
    It was Lakewell's cell. Buckells was there to eh, I guess be threatened by Lee Banks that rats get strangled to death in prison... so Buckells was warned not to rat, even though he was apparently directing the OCG headed to by Corbett in Series5 :rolleyes:
    Buckles wasn't directing the OCG he was just passing on orders I think that was discussed?
    He is still a bit thick...he came across as cocky at a point in the interview but that then fell apart pretty quickly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭Macy0161

It wasn't Buckles cell - he was just there as a distraction.

Yes but when the actor and writer are saying he's "H", I can see why some viewers are questioning the final episode. They've tried switching it to the "4th man" but it doesn't have as much of a ring to it ;)

Again it's Jed leaving "Jed herrings" everywhere to keep every possibility open. Of course there's a 5th man, and 6th man and so on.

Well he is from "H"illside, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

Yes but when the actor and writer are saying he's "H", I can see why some viewers are questioning the final episode. They've tried switching it to the "4th man" but it doesn't have as much of a ring to it ;)

Again it's Jed leaving "Jed herrings" everywhere to keep every possibility open. Of course there's a 5th man, and 6th man and so on.

IMO the only reason Jed stuck the H reference in there was to put Hastings under suspicion in a way that was as subtle as a brick. Then to try and get out of it he wrote in the hamfisted 'morse code signal for four 'Dots'' before switching again to Hastings describing him as 'the fourth man'.

For some reason then he decided to write Boris Johnson into the finale as a political point scoring exercise. He may be a bit of a buffoon and seem ridiculous and incompetent but that's as dangerous as being an evil mastermind. Blue Peter badge for Jed, please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,804 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I think its clear as day half way through this season the decided the show would go on for one more,

The ending left everything open and so many questions,

Next season will be the last and they will be going to try to take down Phillip Osborne

Steve's story started with him and it will end with him ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Where can one watch Unforgotten S4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭tiegan

I think its clear as day half way through this season the decided the show would go on for one more,

Next season will be the last and they will be going to try to take down Phillip Osborne

I hope and think you are right on this. I would be quite happy if it ended with one more series tying up all the loose ends, even if we know that it will be aimed at taking down Osborne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

IMDB ratings don't lie. Most seasons average 8/9.

Season 6 was on a solid 9 until the last episode - current rating is 5.0.

Similar to Game of Thrones drop off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

gmisk wrote: »
    Buckles wasn't directing the OCG he was just passing on orders I think that was discussed?
    He is still a bit thick...he came across as cocky at a point in the interview but that then fell apart pretty quickly

I'd have to rewatch but I recall the secure computer conversations with John Corbett sure seemed like he was running the show and making decisions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

In the previous season the character called H at the time, was shown to be a powerful figure with the ability to ok the east field robbery.
    Is that now the Buckles character an incompetent police officer.
    The two scenarios don't go together for me.

Carmichael was very reluctant to pursue Buckles during the interview. A lot was made of shifty looks etc. Was that just a deliberate red herring ( lazy writing imo) or a nod to higher up corruption.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Yeah that is the only thing that will save the show. The current ending has left too many loose ends. I agree, I don't think the writers wanted full closure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Degag wrote: »
    Where can one watch Unforgotten S4?

Any of the torrent sites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭Chocolate

I've just remembered something else that bugged me about the Buckells "reveal".

Chloe pointing out the grammar and syntax in the documents matched (but not mentioning his name).
    The trio saying he was under their nose all along (but not mentioning his name).
    The 25 shots of him (every weird angled profile except his face) exiting the van, walking up through the building, into the lift and over to the interview room.

Must have been the first time in 6 seasons where we didn't get the shot of them on the balcony watching the person as they entered the building.
    It didn't build a sense of suspense. It just bugged me.

It was like something from Scooby Doo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Chocolate wrote: »

Chloe pointing out the grammar and syntax in the documents matched (but not mentioning his name).
    The trio saying he was under their nose all along (but not mentioning his name).
    The 25 shots of him (every weird angled profile except his face) exiting the van, walking up through the building, into the lift and over to the interview room.

Must have been the first time in 6 seasons where we didn't get the shot of them on the balcony watching the person as they entered the building.

Yes that definitely added to the sense of anti climax for me. He'd already been caught and thrown in jail, there was no sense of it being an achievement to have caught him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭secman

joe40 wrote: »
    In the previous season the character called H at the time, was shown to be a powerful figure with the ability to ok the east field robbery.
    Is that now the Buckles character an incompetent police officer.
    The two scenarios don't go together for me.

Carmichael was very reluctant to pursue Buckles during the interview. A lot was made of shifty looks etc. Was that just a deliberate red herring ( lazy writing imo) or a nod to higher up corruption.

Someone was clearing the path for incompetent Buckles to rise through the ranks from plod to DI ..?

Definitely felt like i missed an episode between the last 2 , a bit disjointed, felt like the budget was gone and they just went for the quick wrap up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

It was shocking. I saw a script editor on Twitter point out as well that LoD has never really been about revealing the suspect or culprit who they're sitting down but moreso on the evidence. Which I think is right, I can't remember them previously building up to a reveal like that because we've always know who the bent copper was from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭General Toilet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

maxresdefault.jpg

And I would've gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for that meddling junior officer:mad:

• Advertisement

Not to mention the fact that as soon as the trio were told, it was obvious from their reactions and disbelief that it was Buckells. Yet it was another 8 minutes until we saw him on screen.

Advertisement