Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Will it go straight to Netflix at the same time?
    No way will that happen. It will be at least a year or more before it hits netflix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,584 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Will it go straight to Netflix at the same time?

Bbc iplayer saves the day

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭sassyj

brian_t wrote: »
    Personally I'd have gone with "From the makers of the first four series of Line Of Duty"

Yep, Bodyguard was a big let down, not a patch on LOD

Will be a struggle for me to watch this week after week considering how I completely binged watched the previous series.

Can’t wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Cannot wait! This and Happy Valley are just the best British police series ever! Absolutely run rings around True Detective.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Stephen graham is a big catch for this series

Thought he was brilliant in Little Boy Blue.

And he was in This Is England with Vicky McClure and Save Me with Lennie James.

Love seeing all the connections with other shows I love.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Is Happy Valley worth watching?

*slams on brakes* Is it what?!

As good as Line Of Duty in my opinion. Arguably more realistic too (much as I adore LOD, it's a bit *too* far fetched in places, and it has a limited shelf life before it becomes a parody of itself - we all know the tools every season now).

Happy Valley just has two seasons and they're on Netflix. Season three will happen but no idea when. Watch it!

George Costigan is in both LOD and HV. Great actor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,016 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Hell yes.. it's great!

• Advertisement

Thought he was brilliant in Little Boy Blue.

He was great in boardwalk empire playing Capone, he’s a great actor and in too many things to name them all

Baptiste is airing episode 4 of 6 tonight so I'm assuming LoD will be back on Sunday nights.. so I'm gonna make a guess at 31st March for the new series. Though it was 3 weeks away, I can't help but think we would have heard it by now.. in fact, Digiguide would have listings for all of March so I'm probably wrong.

I heard April. The feckers are tormenting us with "coming soon". Damn you Beeb! :D

The entire first four series were repeated late at night for all of last week on BBC 4 so it should be soon indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Even moreso,its unmissable imo. Sarah Lancaster is amazing,and Steve Pemberton steals every scene he is in. Top class tv.

And James Norton (McMafia) is magnificent.

And our own Charlie Murphy is in Happy Valley too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭brian_t

Basq wrote: »
    Baptiste is airing episode 4 of 6 tonight so I'm assuming LoD will be back on Sunday nights.. so I'm gonna make a guess at 31st March for the new series. Though it was 3 weeks away, I can't help but think we would have heard it by now.. in fact, Digiguide would have listings for all of March so I'm probably wrong.

Digiguide listings currently go to the 29th for BBC and even then there are "To be Announced"s.

For example Shetlands replacement on Tuesday 26th is To be Announced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

15th April

Did you know that you can download the scripts for the first four series of Line of Duty.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/writersroom/scripts/line-of-duty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭geecee

*slams on brakes* Is it what?!

As good as Line Of Duty in my opinion. Arguably more realistic too (much as I adore LOD, it's a bit *too* far fetched in places, and it has a limited shelf life before it becomes a parody of itself - we all know the tools every season now).

Happy Valley just has two seasons and they're on Netflix. Season three will happen but no idea when. Watch it!

George Costigan is in both LOD and HV. Great actor.

I always thought HV looked like a cross between Heartbeat & Emmerdale and never bothered looking at it.

Thanks to the recommendations on this thread I lost my Sunday, Monday & Tuesday night binge watching season 1.

I still think LOD has the edge, but I have really enjoyed it! So thanks to everyone for their recommendations!

PS. If you are going to watch it, try and get a source with subtitles... Some of those Yorkshire accents are impossible to understand!

• Advertisement

geecee wrote: »
    I always thought HV looked like a cross between Heartbeat & Emmerdale and never bothered looking at it.

Thanks to the recommendations on this thread I lost my Sunday, Monday & Tuesday night binge watching season 1.

I still think LOD has the edge, but I have really enjoyed it! So thanks to everyone for their recommendations!

PS. If you are going to watch it, try and get a source with subtitles... Some of those Yorkshire accents are impossible to understand!

If you think those accents are bad you should spend a day on the north side of cork
    Happy valley is a good series, far from heartbeat and emmerdale that’s for sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

OmegaGene wrote: »
    If you think those accents are bad you should spend a day on the north side of cork

Or just watch The Young Offenders:)

Dovies wrote: »
    Or just watch The Young Offenders:)

That’s posh talk for the tv lol

Oh yeah, as a Corky, I can attest that the accents on Young Offenders are well watered down. :pac:
    geecee wrote: »

I got by, but for someone not from these isles - particularly those whose first language isn't English, subtitles must be an essential!

Oh yeah I assumed the very same about Happy Valley - that it was a nice gentle show that my parents would watch (first thought was Heartbeat too) on ITV (even though it was on BBC!) And it does have a bunch of former Emmerdale/Coronation Street actors.

Apparently that assumption was a widespread one. How wrong we were!

I see that IMDb has season 5 starting on Sunday 31st March.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7251220/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_dt_dt

brian_t wrote: »
    I see that IMDb has series 5 starting on Sunday 31st March.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7251220/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_dt_dt

Fyp :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Basq wrote: »
    giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c8ff22e38753559774dd7d9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Did anyone else let out a snort when the trailer began with "From the writer (or makers?) of the Bodyguard" or words to that effect?

• Advertisement

Did anyone else let out a snort when the trailer began with "From the writer (or makers?) of the Bodyguard" or words to that effect?
    I enjoyed it for the most part, but couldn't hold a candle to LoD.. but it was the highest rated series on BBC since 2008.

Advertisement