Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

Dreaded the thought of him appearing, no fault to Nesbitt but he's hard to take seriously
    giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47akke6f58wf6m4496zgatug87afbpthxs71gtqq50&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Dreaded the thought of him appearing, no fault to Nesbitt but he's hard to take seriously

He knows how to deliver a threat!

DLRVnA9.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

sporina wrote: »
    sorry, I don't get the connection between your job and LOD being preposterous?

Great with the acronyms - CPU, DVI, SQL, DOS, .html, RAM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Some posters on the LOD Reddit are genuinely writing better plotlines than Mercurio
    The Gail Vella storyline was lame. You should’ve done what The Shield did in season 5: go back and investigate something that already happened on the show. That would’ve led to much greater viewer investment.

Gail Vella was a new character and we didn’t even know her so there was no reason to care.

LoD could’ve gone back to investigate Waldron’s list or Kate’s hidden relationship with Akers’ husband. My personal choice would’ve been going back to DC Morton. Opening scene of S6? Morton being murdered. That would’ve been an amazing development.

Remember, he still had Dot’s phone, which contained incriminating evidence, probably of higher ups in the force.

The OCG got wind of this and tried to get it from Morton. Killed him in the process but never actually found the phone. Enter AC12 investigating. Finding the phone etc but being thwarted at every turn by Jo Davidson. Perhaps she even facilitated Morton’s murder. Ryan would be the one who killed Morton.

So many interesting possibilities and 100% better than what we got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭sporina

Great with the acronyms - CPU, DVI, SQL, DOS, .html, RAM.

out of context

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,569 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I am thinking of starting this from scratch. Is it a slow burner or will I get into it quickly i.e. is Season 1 good?
    My wife has never heard of it but I have told her it is good (seems to be getting a lot of press anyway).

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

sporina wrote: »
    out of context

Sorry Mate!

I am thinking of starting this from scratch. Is it a slow burner or will I get into it quickly i.e. is Season 1 good?
    My wife has never heard of it but I have told her it is good (seems to be getting a lot of press anyway).

A slower burner?.....no way. Most addictive show I've ever watched.

geee no... and you need to be totally alert when watching it.. Series 1-3 are class, 4 is good, 5 v good, 6.. meh..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭appledrop

Great watching the review of it on Googlebox.....

I'd that it?

Something gone Pete Tong there!

There is no way it's Buckells, there is a fifth man.

I'm not having this!

Did they write the ending in 10 mins or something?

Followed by Jenny ripping up her LOD notebook!

• Advertisement

Ahhh the poor Gogglebox crew.. they wer sooo excited to know who "H"/4th man was... lol.. sorely disappointed.. best line from Pete "even Buckles doesn't believe that he's the 4th man".. lol :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Jed Mercurio was really self-indulgent. He was in the very rare position of having a significant portion of the UK hanging on his every word, but he decided to use that as a soap box to comment on the government at the expense of entertaining story telling.

He’s acting the wanker about it on twitter too. An Irish journo pulled him up on the ratings explanation saying “if you’re explaining you’re losing” and he tried to instigate a pile on. The Irish fella was of course, right.

I’ve just read back a few pages and this has been covered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,141 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

It’s really not jeds fault people are stupid, all the budding Anna Wilkes out there :)

I just hope he doesn’t have a car crash in the snow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Some posters on the LOD Reddit are genuinely writing better plotlines than Mercurio

The Carly Kirk subplot wasn't resolved was it? Iirc there was just a title card saying she was missing and you see her walking off somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

oneilla wrote: »
    The Carly Kirk subplot wasn't resolved was it? Iirc there was just a title card saying she was missing and you see her walking off somewhere

It was hinted at her either coming here or heading to mainland Europe, I think the upshot is that she got away from Tommy Hunter and his gang

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Piehead

It was hinted at her either coming here or heading to mainland Europe, I think the upshot is that she got away from Tommy Hunter and his gang

Those title cards of what happened next to fictional characters are a joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,512 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Did anybody else feel a void in their life tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Yeah, but that's every night for me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

I'm surprised that I didn't. I was the same with Game of Thrones. The memories of the excitement, anticipation, the big characters, the mad debates in work after a complex episode were wiped out by the utterly lackluster conclusion. I have to assume by now that this is the end of the show with Mercurio is still defending the ending on Twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Saw this article on Facebook yesterday and bookmarked it.

10 top Netflix shows for Line of Duty fans
    https://www.deadgoodbooks.co.uk/netflix-shows-like-line-of-duty/

The list of shows is:

Behzat Ç (Turkish)
    Bodyguard
    El Marginal (Argentinian)
    Undercover
    Fauda (Israeli)
    Narcos
    Intelligence
    The Inmate
    Unité 42 (Belgian)
    Silver Spoon (Russian)

All are rated over 7.0 on IMDB.

Click link for more info.

not at all.. I didn't enjoy Season 6 at all tbh..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Mr E wrote: »

The list of shows is:

Behzat Ç (Turkish)
    Bodyguard
    El Marginal (Argentinian)
    Undercover
    Fauda (Israeli)
    Narcos
    Intelligence
    The Inmate
    Unité 42 (Belgian)
    Silver Spoon (Russian)

All are rated over 7.0 on IMDB.

Click link for more info.

Fauda is so good.

Theres another Israeli one set in iran thats excellent too. Cant remember name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,512 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Fauda is so good.

Is it the one with Sacha Baren Cohen called The Spy? that is excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

I'm not really sure what to make of the ending. It's a bit of a buzzkill for H to be someone as dull and weak as Buckles but on the other hand, if there's to be another season it can focus on Osborne or someone with a bit more charisma.

But isn't Buckles just taking the rap? He was warned in prison about what happens to rats. I'd say he was just the patsy sending the messages and getting his hands dirty. The ones at the top rarely get caught.

I think it's still Osbourne.

Have a feeling there'll be a casting shake up if there's a season 7. Carmichael and Chloe will be the main characters, and maybe Steve will be back. But I think Ted and Kate will be gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Fauda is so good.

Tehran, Its an Israeli production, Apple got the rigts for it.

Mr E wrote: »

It's not on Netflix and it's not as "suspension of disbelief" as LOD (it's a lot more realistic), but a big recommendation to Cracker to anyone who hasn't seen it yet

It first aired in 1993 (I didn't get around to it till 10 years later) and it's still up there as incredible British police Drama

It's probably a draw between this and LOD Season 1-3 for the all time best British police TV

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105977/

MV5BMzg5ZDFkMzYtNjRkYi00Y2ZlLThhMjktOWY3ZDVjODg0NzMwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjExMjk0ODk@._V1_UY1200_CR107,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

A week later and I still want to throttle Mercurio

Not least for his Twitter ego trying to defend it all

gjvwdpbmdwx61.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Tehran, Its an Israeli production, Apple got the rigts for it.

Ye thats it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    It's not on Netflix and it's not as "suspension of disbelief" as LOD (it's a lot more realistic), but a big recommendation to Cracker to anyone who hasn't seen it yet

It first aired in 1993 (I didn't get around to it till 10 years later) and it's still up there as incredible British police Drama

It's probably a draw between this and LOD Season 1-3 for the all time best British police TV

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105977/

MV5BMzg5ZDFkMzYtNjRkYi00Y2ZlLThhMjktOWY3ZDVjODg0NzMwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjExMjk0ODk@._V1_UY1200_CR107,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

When it first aired, it was the show everyone was talking about, the one that caused a ripple of excitement when a new story was announced, the one you couldn't for the night it was in telly to come round. This and Prime Suspect. Both with flawed lead characters that are brilliant at their respective professions but awful at 'life'.

Advertisement