Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

I knew the woman Lisa might not be the undercover officer - but I did not guess who it actually is! Crikey!

Odds on there being two ops and two .UCOs unaware of each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 claddagh69

Darn it !

Will episode 1 of new season be repeated on BBC during week.....missed it Saturday nite..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Enjoyable opener alright but I did think the
    Maneet story lacked credibility personally. She went from someone intimidated by a superior into spying to someone willing to co-operate with a murderous gang - I didn't really buy that.
    . Hastings was at his usual best tho! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,260 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Missed it! Is it repeated anywhere during the week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,895 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Is there away to get iplayer here?

I use a smart DNS service for it. Very straight forward and much less chance of being blocked than a VPN.
    It works for all the UK players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

oneilla wrote: »
    "I didn't float up the Lagan on a bubble" :D
    This was worth tuning in for alone :D:D

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Enjoyable opener alright but I did think the Maneet story lacked credibility personally. She went from someone intimidated by a superior into spying to someone willing to co-operate with a murderous gang - I didn't really buy that. Hastings was at his usual best tho! :D

yes and in general the undercover cop turning into a gang leader murdering multiple police personnel in the course of a week is unbelievable - they would have the guy strung up by the balls in a day.

you just have to go with the story - it's all unbelievable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

glasso wrote: »
    yes and in general the undercover cop turning into a gang leader murdering multiple police personnel in the course of a week is unbelievable - they would have the guy strung up by the balls in a day.

You never know with this show though. He may not even be an undercover cop. All we have to go for that is the woman (can't remember her name) showed him to be a cop on her computer screen. Maybe she's lying for some reason? Unlikely, but who knows.

Also, maybe he was an undercover criminal? Like The Departed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭brian_t

glasso wrote: »

He could be killed off in the next episode anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

An undercover criminal pretending to be an undercover cop, in this show who knows! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

My purely speculative theory for this series and next series:
    Hastings has established an undercover op outside AC12 with Lisa knowing that if anyone is going to get scapegoated as H, it will be him H's biggest threat. However Stephen Graham is a spanner in the works, he'll suss out Lisa and this season will end with Hastings either arrested or killed with everyone believing he is H. The final series will then be Steve and Kate trying to clear his name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Ted is living in a Travelodge. Oh dear. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,811 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

It's probably asked already so apologies if so (don't want to read any spoilers)...

Where and when can I catch a repeat of this new episode?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

What an opening episode. Epic as ever. :)
    Fabulous tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Really enjoyed it but got to admit I saw that twist coming too. Hopefully that means we're all massively wrong somehow.

Reckon he's gone rogue, signed off on several murders

Since when do cops in the UK get offed in those numbers ala Mexico?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,450 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Nalz wrote: »
    It's probably asked already so apologies if so (don't want to read any spoilers)...

Where and when can I catch a repeat of this new episode?

Unfortunately you can't on TV. BBC generally don't repeat episodes of most shows as they put them on iplayer. Best bet is to find a source online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Jesus Mary and joseph...Brill opening episode.
    One acronym I can't get
    COMS/COMMs?!?! It was mentioned in relation to the UCO when in peartree operation showdown...anyone any idea what it stands for? Rest of it I kept up with just about!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

gmisk wrote: »
    Brill opening episode.
    One acronym I can't get
    COMS/COMMs?!?! It was mentioned in relation to the UCO when in peartree operation showdown...anyone any idea what it stands for? Rest of it I kept up with just about!

Communications, can't remember the context it was in, but that is usually what it is.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Communications, can't remember the context it was in, but that is usually what it is.

I wasn't sure if it was that or a commanding officer thanks.

One acronym I can't get

It's an abbreviation for communications.

The Sun has a list of Line of Duty Acronyms.

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/tv/3935631/line-of-duty-acronyms-what-do-ocg-and-uco-mean-in-the-itv-drama/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Totally inaccurate list. The Sun thinks it is on ITV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

I wasn't sure if it was that or a commanding officer thanks.

Adrian Dunbar said it mid rant..think he said 'Covert Officer Manager'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

One acronym I can't get

If it was Comms then communications but you might have heard COM which is Covert Op Manager

Edit. First mentioned in full after initial meeting with Det. Sup. Alison Powell then subsequent abreviation in showdown when Hastings threatened to shutdown Opereration Peartree and serve Powell, her COM and her UCO with Reg 15s

Adrian Dunbar said it mid rant..think he said 'Covert Officer Manager'?
    Ok now that actually makes sense!
    It sounded like two people have lost contact with the undercover operative.

Some good news. Ted got his loo fixed.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TedHastingsAC12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭JoeA3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

JoeA3 wrote: »

Sounds like an Eminem lyric

"the F-C-C won't let me be or let me be me so let me see
    They tried to shut me down on M-T-V
    But it feels so empty without me"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Such a good opening episode, albeit quite confusing at times because of the big gap between seasons. I'd forgotten all about what yer wan did for yer man (and their names!)

When you see how Mercurio manages to keep this so consistently brilliant season to season you have to wonder how Bodyguard was such a gigantic disappointment.

Cina wrote: »
    Such a good opening episode, albeit quite confusing at times because of the big gap between seasons. I'd forgotten all about what yer wan did for yer man (and their names!)

When you see how Mercurio manages to keep this so consistently brilliant season to season you have to wonder how Bodyguard was such a gigantic disappointment.

I wonder had we not seen line of duty would we have thought bodyguard was better
    Few in work were saying how good it was but they have never seen line of duty. I’m like for the love of lord will ye watch it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

If anyone remembers that little bollix from Season 1, Ryan: the actor was also in the latest episode, somewhat older :)

https://twitter.com/gillseybear/status/1112469416602673157?s=09

Advertisement