Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Really think I’m going to rewatch from season one. Its like I need grinds as this rate

Yeah it's great how much stuff goes all the way back to the early episodes. Last night had references to Karim Ali being shot in the very first scene of season 1 episode 1, and you also had the little kid Ryan from that series pop up in this week's episode as well as the bald thug from Jackie Laverty's Salon being in this season. One thing I don't think has happened yet is finding her body right? It went into that poor chap's fridge and that's the last we've heard of it?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Unlikely to be Ted - why would they randomly have a photo of him in a drawer at all?

Dot was on the wall - they showed who she took down.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Jed Mercurio - you can't trust anyone!

Incidentally, there was a rather strategically placed laptop in Ted's hotel room. It's clear that he is a man burdened with stress - personal and professional.

Interesting that this season they've given a bit more of a view into the characters personal lives - albeit brief but more than before.

The laptop is pure misdirection.

Btw I think the there is a plan to make look Hastings look bent (by the OCG). I don’t trust that UCO at all but he knows what wires to pull to get Steve on board. Talk about bent coppers at the very top.
    Also I think the picture was Dot.

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Unlikely to be Ted - why would they randomly have a photo of him in a drawer at all?

Dot was on the wall - they showed who she took down.

Well he would have been as he used to be on the wall! Until he told Kate to take his picture down. That’s why the script made her go to that drawer, however i think that’s also misdirection.

8-10 wrote: »
    Nah I take Maneet's story at face value. Think she was genuinely helping her cousin and got in too far over her head. Probably didn't seem like being corrupt if it was Hilton. Like if my boss's boss asked me for info on something I'm working on without my boss knowing. You know it's wrong but maybe not criminal. They tried really hard to make it look as if it was Hastings, he's definitely going to be implicated this season but I don't think it was his photo. I do think she took it out and added to the lineup but she shouldn't have included it. I think she picked out
    Matthew Cotton....what if he's been in witness protection? The only way he would cooperate is if the OCG think he's dead. He even said something before he was shot to Kate like that if he came in like she was pleading with him to do he'd be a dead man. What if they made him a deal and he lived? And Hastings is in on it hence being really shady not because he's implicated but because he's afraid that she'll lead the inquiry towards Cotton? Far fetched probably and I'm not sure if she's supposed to have been recruited recently or years back but if it's not Hastings' photo the only other person who'd give that reaction to Kate and Steve is if it were Dot picked out

Very interesting suggestion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

IMG-20190408-110518.jpg

The drawer - "current AC-12 personnel" :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

IMG-20190408-110518.jpg

Well done laddy!!!

We don't know the order they were put down either though, the one picked might have been from the wall not the drawer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

A lot of people seem to be forgetting that Ted is in some way involved with the Masons. I'm sure that will come out during this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭kerry37

IMG-20190408-110518.jpg

Mother of Gawwwd

• Advertisement

Myself and my missus been talking about this all morning. So many possibilities. One thing we have both ruled out is Hastings, if its him I'm done with the show after all his, I'm only interested in catching bent coppers shtick. It just cant be him. Also Hiltons pic was taken off the wall so cant be him.

Gonna have to get the brain thinking on previous seasons and come up with a possibility. It's all linked. I love it.

kerry37 wrote: »
    Also Hiltons pic was taken off the wall so cant be him.

Why not? I don't think it was him but his name was in the lineup, the photos she grabbed were:
    • Jeremy Cole
    • Dot Cotton
    • Manish Prasad
    • Patrick Fairbank
    • Derek Hilton
    • Mystery AC-12 photo from the drawer, likely Hastings

The more I think about it the more I'm convinced it was
    Dot Cotton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

IMG-20190408-110518.jpg

You didn't float down the Lagan in a bubble, that's for sure!

Why not? I don't think it was him but his name was in the lineup, the photos she grabbed were:
    • Jeremy Cole
    • Dot Cotton
    • Manish Prasad
    • Patrick Fairbank
    • Derek Hilton
    • Mystery AC-12 photo from the drawer, likely Hastings

The more I think about it the more I'm convinced it was
    Dot Cotton

We have discounted all the pics taken off the wall as being too obvious. Surely they're not gonna have H hiding in plain sight for us

I'm convinced whatever photo she took out of the drawer, that's H and it isn't Hastings (I hope)

We have discounted all the pics taken off the wall as being too obvious. Surely they're not gonna have H hiding in plain sight for us

I'm convinced whatever photo she took out of the drawer, that's H and it isn't Hastings (I hope)

I didn't say it was H. I don't think the person she identifies is H. Would be crazy to think of how secretive H is that he recruits someone at that level. Do you really believe she was recruited directly by H? I think we'll have to wait a few episodes before finding out who H is personally

I didn't say it was H. I don't think the person she identifies is H. Would be crazy to think of how secretive H is that he recruits someone at that level. Do you really believe she was recruited directly by H? I think we'll have to wait a few episodes before finding out who H is personally

Yeah missus said that too. We're gonna rewatch last nights episode again tonight. Haven't been this deep into a TV show for a long time. Really enjoying it

It doesn’t have to be H. H isn’t going to be revealed in the 3rd episode of the second last season, in fact we won’t find out until the next one.

An already known compromised officer would be a good explanation for the cliff hanger.

It doesn’t have to be H. H isn’t going to be revealed in the 3rd episode of the second last season, in fact we won’t find out until the next one.

An already known compromised officer would be a good explanation for the cliff hanger.

Ah ffs. Yes. Clearly getting wayyyy ahead of myself lol. I might be just a little excited with this show lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

H=Hargreaves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Whoever 'H' , or the 'top man' is, I betcha it's a woman!

Bear with me, this was written/produced amidst the #metoo craic, by an organisation big into being seen as progressive and PC (the BBC), so it's obvious.

Either that advisor to the Chief Constable that reappeared last night, or maybe even Mrs Hastings!!

I dunno, many red herrings, but an excellent series all the same. Stephen Graham as John Corbett is an excellent actor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭brian_t

For most of the two episodes Lisa seemed to be somewhat subservient to Corbett who seemed to be the gangs leader.

Yet Lisa seemed to be more dominant when the communication between Corbett and H was happening.

Or was that just my imagination.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

brian_t wrote: »
    For most of the two episodes Lisa seemed to be somewhat subservient to Corbett who seemed to be the gangs leader.

Yet Lisa seemed to be more dominant when the communication between Corbett and H was happening.

Or was that just my imagination.

I noticed this too but I think its a quirk of the writing. When they wanted us to think Lisa was an at-risk UCO she seemed nervous all the time and John was super confident. Now we know its the opposite Lisa is full of confidence and John is edgy, reflecting how he's vulnerable and she isn't.

Yeah exactly, she was like a different character in last nights , god it’s so clever

Right I’m starting season one here! I’m committed if nothing else!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,017 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I'm thinking she'll have probably have indicated Hilton.. too early for a Hastings reveal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Who did she identify?
    it looked like dot to me..mi might have paused it a few times..
    Another cracking episode

Hastings looking seriously shifty!

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

H could be anyone known Jed Mercurio.

I don't think Ted, Steve or Kate will find out till the end of the series or even next series, but "H" identity might be revealed to the audience (or not).

Going by a few posts last night on Twitter, a few are saying it's
    Cottan
    picture she pointed to.

I re watched season 1 and Ryan Pilkington was a little pup to put it mildly. The last episode of season 1 had 3 people sitting with him when he was interviewed but we never really saw their faces as they were blurred out. I am wondering will one of these appear along with Ryan as H

I'm over analyzing :D

Going to start on season 2 soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Anyone else notice something a bit shifty about the new female detective? The one who drew attention to Maneet and her cousin?

It’s been great so far. I really like Stephen Graham, I think he’s playing his role well - a good actor, I remember him from way back playing “Tommy” in Snatch. I couldn’t believe he wasn’t actually a Londoner after I’d seen him in that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭This is it

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Anyone else notice something a bit shifty about the new female detective? The one who drew attention to Maneet and her cousin?

I was going to post earlier about her but didn't catch her name. Definitely shifty, whether that's because she found something or because she's up to something I'm not sure, I think she definitely has a part to play though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Anyone fancy getting drunk watching it?

RCcJU1K.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

JoeA3 wrote: »

It’s been great so far. I really like Stephen Graham, I think he’s playing his role well - a good actor, I remember him from way back playing “Tommy” in Snatch. I couldn’t believe he wasn’t actually a Londoner after I’d seen him in that.
    Graham is brilliant, remember him as Al capone in Boardwark Empire amongst other things, a fine actor.

Advertisement