Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭kerry37

I think anyone that is a fan of Line of Duty will enjoy the Bodyguard, another BBC cop show that is on Netflix. Watched 3 episodes last night and really enjoyed it.

Quick synopsis, guy gets back from Army duty, becomes bodyguard for home secretary, it all kicks off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

kerry37 wrote: »
    I think anyone that is a fan of Line of Duty will enjoy the Bodyguard, another BBC cop show that is on Netflix. Watched 3 episodes last night and really enjoyed it.

Quick synopsis, guy gets back from Army duty, becomes bodyguard for home secretary, it all kicks off.

Same creator and writer as Line of Duty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Shane Fitz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

IMG-20190408-110518.jpg

The drawer - "current AC-12 personnel" :eek:
    That detective work deserves a job in AC12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

kerry37 wrote: »

Same creator and writer as Line of Duty :)
    It is vastly inferior to Line of Duty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

I'll be there for youuu, cus we're team AC-12

https://twitter.com/BBCOne/status/1117427287895334912

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,834 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Holy Fcuk!

Oh no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Goodness gracious me! Hastings Catholic guilt will drown him!

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Another brilliant episode

Seems Corbett believes "H" is Hastings for some reason - that's the only reason why he did what he did in the end.

It was too easy I think of the reveal of "H" at the depot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Yikes well there has ratcheted things up a bit!
    Ted's ex has always been a bit dodgy, defo don't trust her boss either...surely everyone involved from AC12 would be suspended over letting 50m plus worth it police evidence disappear?!?
    Bit of a crazy OTT episode, but still tremendous fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Ted's dodgy laptop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

8-10 wrote: »
    Nah I take Maneet's story at face value. Think she was genuinely helping her cousin and got in too far over her head. Probably didn't seem like being corrupt if it was Hilton. Like if my boss's boss asked me for info on something I'm working on without my boss knowing. You know it's wrong but maybe not criminal. They tried really hard to make it look as if it was Hastings, he's definitely going to be implicated this season but I don't think it was his photo. I do think she took it out and added to the lineup but she shouldn't have included it. I think she picked out
    Matthew Cotton....what if he's been in witness protection? The only way he would cooperate is if the OCG think he's dead. He even said something before he was shot to Kate like that if he came in like she was pleading with him to do he'd be a dead man. What if they made him a deal and he lived? And Hastings is in on it hence being really shady not because he's implicated but because he's afraid that she'll lead the inquiry towards Cotton? Far fetched probably and I'm not sure if she's supposed to have been recruited recently or years back but if it's not Hastings' photo the only other person who'd give that reaction to Kate and Steve is if it were Dot picked out

I'm going all in on the above theory from last week now...
    The way Dot's photo was so swiftly dismissed as being non evidential after being such a massive cliffhanger has me convinced that he's still alive. And since he's still alive, I think Hastings knows it and I think that was him photographed leaving the brothel tonight.

Hastings is not bent, but he's definitely involved and he's shady. So much still to come this season I feel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,273 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Fcukin hell!!

A lot to sift through there. Gripped from start to finish. Damn I love this show!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,017 ✭✭✭✭Basq

To be fair to The Beeb, a lot of their dramas feel every bit as long as their 60 minute runtime with no commercials etc. But that bloody flew by!

Ted's dialogue is growing increasingly comical ("you look like a bunch of kids caught stealing in an orchard!").
    Hargreaves
    is an obvious patsy but still proving to be a damn exciting year yet again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

When Ted brought your one back to the hotel room and she went into use the bathroom, was anyone else wondering if maintenance fixed the toilet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,017 ✭✭✭✭Basq

When Ted brought your one back to the hotel room and she went into use the bathroom, was anyone else wondering if maintenance fixed the toilet?
    f2toJ9.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Ace-Bhatti-plays-Sindwhani-in-Line-of-Duty-274c10f.jpg?quality=90&lb=556,370&background=white

Dont know about the 'h' thing but anytime this guy is put into a conpiricy drama (and he's been in plenty) he has a bad habit of turning out to be a bit of a rotton egg

John:
    "It all comes down to politics"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Yep, he's nearly always a wrong un. That maybe a deliberate casting ploy of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

No idea what's going on at this stage.

Hastings in a mad rush to dispose of the laptop ? Curious as to why he bubble wrapped it too?

The one character I can't figure out at all is yer one (Lisa - is it?) McQueen. In an earlier episode there was a scene where her phone was ringing as she was driving and then when it rang out, it jumped to a shot of Hastings ending a call.

I reckon Corbett is a good guy who's just lost it. The undercover role just consumed him and he's fully convinced that anyone hurt/killed along the way are just being caught in the crossfire in his attempt to bring H down.

Looking forward to tuning in next week to see all this week's theories debunked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

For a show that has always had great twists and been overly clever, I just can't believe Hastings is H as its being made to be to obvious. They want us to believe that. Maybe your one he was with is but the laptop is what confuses me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Just finished tonight’s episode now! It just gets better and better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Who's to say H refers to a surname... or a man?!

I've also thought about the possibility of them doing a "Let's make people think we're deliberately misleading them to think it's Hastings, so then it'll be a huge shock when it actually turns out to be Hastings" but logistically how could that work, when you look back at the previous series. He was pretty unmistakably clean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

No idea what's going on at this stage.

Hastings in a mad rush to dispose of the laptop ? Curious as to why he bubble wrapped it too?

The one character I can't figure out at all is yer one (Lisa - is it?) McQueen. In an earlier episode there was a scene where her phone was ringing as she was driving and then when it rang out, it jumped to a shot of Hastings ending a call.

Mercurio does that kind of stuff all the time. It’s misdirection.
    I reckon Corbett is a good guy who's just lost it. The undercover role just consumed him and he's fully convinced that anyone hurt/killed along the way are just being caught in the crossfire in his attempt to bring H down.

That would be the most obvious explanation so its probably not true. I think Hastings is being set up. Corbett was very keen to implicate him from the start of his conversation with Steve.
    Looking forward to tuning in next week to see all this week's theories debunked.

And all our theories.

Larsso30 wrote: »
    For a show that has always had great twists and been overly clever, I just can't believe Hastings is H as its being made to be to obvious. They want us to believe that. Maybe your one he was with is but the laptop is what confuses me

The laptop will not be related to the case here but probably an affair he is having or the financial stuff etc.

But I expect him to be put through the interview ringer. I’m actually missing the interviews this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Yeah the joining of scenes (Ted's laptop, the laptop at the print shop; McQueen letting a call ring out followed by Ted ending a call) doesn't necessarily mean they're actually connected (or are they...? :D)

Also I’m not ruling myself out as H just yet. I’m in the running.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Talisman

Jane Cafferty indicating Cottan recruited her wasn't really a big deal and is a convenient means of closing the line of enquiry into her.

Wasn't there an incident in season 3 where Gill Biggeloe pressured Hastings into not arresting/charging some officers? She was also quite comfortable dealing with Cottan behind Hastings back until of course it was known that he was tainting evidence. She also did a raised eyebrow thing when Ted mentioned Operation Pear Tree in episode 1. The comments about sexism in his department and others but not her wanting him to retire could be more misdirection but the woman is a sly fox.

The Kettle Bell investment thing sounds like a complete scam. I'll have to watch it again but did former DCI Mark Moffatt try to squeeze Hastings for another £100k? Poor Ted is screwed financially but it looks like Corbett could resolve the need for signing divorce papers which has to be a positive in some respects.

Corbett was forging AC12 credentials early in the episode - perhaps he always intended to frame Steve for some of his actions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

In all seriousness what it that was foreshadowing and she went to the bathroom to plant something in the cistern? Then it will pay off when maintenance eventually check it out!

Advertisement