Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭cml387

Why
    did Ted wrest control of the laptop from the cybercrime officer and finish the exchange with "time to bring this to an end".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

cml387 wrote: »
    Why
    did Ted wrest control of the laptop from the cybercrime officer and finish the exchange with "time to bring this to an end".
    and type definately, I think it's his way of letting Lisa know it was him talking, I think the end thing was to give her ok to take him down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

Who was the man Hastings visited in the prison and what's the significance of that visit

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

kala85 wrote: »
    Who was the man Hastings visited in the prison and what's the significance of that visit

Details on who he is but not sure of significance yet
    https://inews.co.uk/culture/television/lee-banks-line-of-duty-who-dci-hastings-prison/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I think Ted told the guy in prison that Corbett was the rat and he got it back to the gang.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭baldbear

Ted is getting framed here. He is as pure as the driven snow in my eyes. The 100k cash in that scheme is been used by the top guy to Stitch him up.

Plus i reckon he was involved undercover in the North during the troubles & didn't act on something which led to the deaths of one of John's parents which led him to believe that Hastings is a top corrupt cop.

Lisa is also a cop working undercover linked to Hastings. John was sacraficed.DefinAtely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,374 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Is there anywhere showing the computer chat between Lisa/Corbett and H?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

How do ye know McQueen is definitely an undercover operative? My suspicion is that she's a former sex slave herself.
    cml387 wrote: »
    The "definatly" is a phrase being used to assure the receiver that the message is coming from the right person. A well known spy usage is to insert a known keyword to identify if the message is being sent genuinely, or alternatively if it's being sent under duress.

But I still think Ted is innocent.I expected Corbett to last a bit longer though.
    I wonder did the cyber crime division pick up on the mis-spelling of "definitely" and let Ted know? I don't recall it. I suspect it's a red herring. It's common for that word to be mis-spelled that exact way.
    Gerry Adams whose brother was Liam?
    I don't know that those first names are particularly Catholic. Alex Maskey is another SF member. John Hume - another Catholic. There was a prominent loyalist paramilitary called Lenny Murphy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its really frustrating. They get the police terminology and procedures down really well but then make a total dogs dinner of the IT bits. F'sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

How do ye know McQueen is definitely an undercover operative? My suspicion is that she's a former sex slave herself.

That wouldn’t explain much.
    I wonder did the cyber crime division pick up on the mis-spelling of "definitely" and let Ted know? I don't recall it. I suspect it's a red herring. It's common for that word to be mis-spelled that exact way.

They didn’t intercept any messages just metadata.
    I don't know that those first names are particularly Catholic. Alex Maskey is another SF member. John Hume - another Catholic. There was a prominent loyalist paramilitary called Lenny Murphy.

Ted Hastings is Catholic and ex RUC/PSNI. We’ve known that for a long time. And yes, surnames dome tell you much in NI.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

I know Hastings is Catholic and former RUC - I was responding to the poster who said that doesn't seem like a very Catholic surname.

I didn't say that explained anything about McQueen, just what I think her background might be. People are saying she's definitely an undercover police officer. Definitely? Where was this indicated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Well I am SHOOK after that, I never saw that ending coming!

Agree on the farce that was the supermarket “sting”.

I wonder will it come to a close and we’ll find out H’s identity this series?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

ED E wrote: »
    Its really frustrating. They get the police terminology and procedures down really well but then make a total dogs dinner of the IT bits. F'sake.

Quite a lot of the procedures aren’t right apparently. Things like Superintendent sitting in on interviews, full dress uniforms and anti corruption carrying firearms are more embellished for the show

Also if you’re being interviewed you don’t have a right to be questioned by an officer at least one rank above, sadly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

8-10 wrote: »
    Quite a lot of the procedures aren’t right apparently. Things like Superintendent sitting in on interviews, full dress uniforms and anti corruption carrying firearms are more embellished for the show

Also if you’re being interviewed you don’t have a right to be questioned by an officer at least one rank above, sadly

The whole ACS idea is entirely made up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

There's only three high ranking officers with the surname H in the series. One has already been eliminated. There's no way it's Ted as they'll want him back for more series so that leaves the only other H.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,017 ✭✭✭✭Basq

cursai wrote: »
    There's only three high ranking officers with the surname H in the series. One has already been eliminated. There's no way it's Ted as they'll want him back for more series so that leaves the only other H.
    I mean this is on the assumption that 'H' is the initial of a surname..

.. could be a initial of a middle name or initial of their pet beagle for all we know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Or, given the direction it's taken, he used to work in the H block

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,017 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Could be this "screw"..

stream_img.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Could be the building Handyman either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Basq wrote: »
    Could be this "screw"..

stream_img.jpg

Ah good ole Joan the freak!!

She used to give me roses...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Wonder if it's Steve, he was a hopeless allie of John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

That wouldn’t explain much.

They didn’t intercept any messages just metadata.

Ted Hastings is Catholic and ex RUC/PSNI. We’ve known that for a long time. And yes, surnames don’t always tell you much in NI.

This is true, that journalist who was tragically killed in Derry has a quintessentially protestant name yet was from the Catholic community

Guy in the UUP named Danny Kennedy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,442 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Missed it Sunday night. BBC iPlayer is whinging about rights.

Where can I get it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

It can be found with a 1 second google search...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,442 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Heckler wrote: »
    It can be found with a 1 second google search...

Yeah none of those youtube links work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

Dailymotion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Just caught up on iplayer and it was a very dull episode with the shopping centre fiasco and then with a disappointing ending

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Bent coppers

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

The whole ACS idea is entirely made up.

That just explains how high up the chain the corruption goes :D
    They are prepared to make an entire section of the police force to just make work!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

When they were in the shopping centre, I thought to myself, that looks like Victoria Square in Belfast. It was a full day later that it dawned on me that it probably was...

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement