Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Talisman

gilly1910 wrote: »
    She's certainly not the most lovable character, but definitely not a person you'd want to be facing if you were in Ted's shoes.
    I like her - our view of her is supposed to be coloured by the prejudiced view of Hastings. She strikes me as the by the letter type that Ted would enjoy working with in different circumstances.

His big mistake was not having a witness or recording of his conversation with Lee Banks. I think that Ted may have inadvertently tipped off Banks that there was a mole in the gang if he spoke about the laptop. Corbett knew nothing of the laptop until McQueen brought him in to make contact with H - shortly there after Banks was picked up. Miroslav and Ryan have been with the OCG since series 1 and appear to have no contact with those higher up the organisation - it would be easy for Banks to determine that Corbett was the guilty party.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,374 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

But there was a witness. There was a prison officer sitting in the background.

https://lineofduty.fandom.com/wiki/Lee_Banks

See episode 4 synopsis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

The OCG were discussing Ryan having an interview coming up. I was thinking it could be for the police force.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

I don't think Lisa is MI5 as someone speculated. Few episodes ago, her file was pulled - she was in the care system. Bad childhood, so unlikely... although not impossible in the Line of Duty world!
    The OCG were discussing Ryan having an interview coming up. I was thinking it could be for the police force.
    Thought he'd have a criminal record but you never know.

Talisman wrote: »
    I like her - our view of her is supposed to be coloured by the prejudiced view of Hastings. She strikes me as the by the letter type that Ted would enjoy working with in different circumstances.
    I think she's sarcastic and sneery to the point of being unprofessional. Wanted to slap her - and violence isn't usually something I'd want to practise. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭ASOT

I don't think Lisa is MI5 as someone speculated - few episodes ago, her file was pulled. She was in the care system - bad childhood so unlikely... although not impossible.

This is from his will

"Once he has been questioned, Ryan is returned to his home on the Borogrove Estate by PC Karen Larkin and PC Simon Bannerjee. He is not mentioned to have had any criminal charges pressed against him by Central Police in relation to his involvement with the kidnapping and torture of DS Steve Arnott."

So it could be possible.

I don't think Lisa is MI5 as someone speculated - few episodes ago, her file was pulled. She was in the care system - bad childhood so unlikely... although not impossible.

Maybe not if he was a minor. And if he did, H could have the power to get rid of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

My wife thought that too. Like that Leonadro Di Caprio film

ASOT wrote: »
    This is from his will

"Once he has been questioned, Ryan is returned to his home on the Borogrove Estate by PC Karen Larkin and PC Simon Bannerjee. He is not mentioned to have had any criminal charges pressed against him by Central Police in relation to his involvement with the kidnapping and torture of DS Steve Arnott."

So it could be possible.
    Cheers for that. Yeah if he kept his nose clean since, or as also mentioned, was looked after by H.

Whose will? Gates'?

Cheers for that. Yeah if he kept his nose clean since, or as also mentioned, was looked after by H.

Whose will? Gates'?

Meant to say Wiki my bad!

• Advertisement

I think she's sarcastic and sneery to the point of being unprofessional. Wanted to slap her - and violence isn't usually something I'd want to practise. :pac:
    Hastings hasn't helped himself with his recent behaviour and his non-disclosure of his insolvency issues.

Mark Moffatt's statement said that he gave the envelope to Ted Hastings on the evening of March 9th - that was 5 days before Hastings was questioned.

From Carmichael's perspective Hastings is guilty and she was treating him with disdain. Hastings kind of set the tone for the interview with his "My rank is Superintendent and you will address me as such" opening line, she quickly slapped him down over that. He lost his cool when he heard what Moffatt had said in his statement - that didn't help him but he also didn't give Carmichael anything to work with so she will need to build her case.

I expect her to try to build an air tight case against him which is where the investigation will lead to more questions than answers.

ASOT wrote: »
    Kinda disappointed now that Tony Gates from season one didn't stipulate that in his will. :pac:
    Talisman wrote: »
    Hastings hasn't helped himself with his recent behaviour and his non-disclosure of his insolvency issues.

Mark Moffatt's statement said that he gave the envelope to Ted Hastings on the evening of March 9th - that was 5 days before Hastings was questioned.

From Carmichael's perspective Hastings is guilty and she was treating him with disdain. Hastings kind of set the tone for the interview with his "My rank is Superintendent and you will address me as such" opening line, she quickly slapped him down over that. He lost his cool when he heard what Moffatt had said in his statement - that didn't help him but he also didn't give Carmichael anything to work with so she will need to build her case.

I expect her to try to build an air tight case against him which is where the investigation will lead to more questions than answers.
    No disagreement on Hastings' carry-on but she's still a c***!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

How did AC 3 know who Moffatt was, where to find him and to interview him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Sardonicat wrote: »

He’s a police officer so his prints would be on file - they got them from the envelope. That’s what I think anyway, it wasn’t really clear last night.

Presumably when Kate and Steve went to DCC Andrea Wise regarding their concerns about Hastings the investigation began in earnest.

I could be mistaken but I think Hastings had been holed up in AC-12 for two days when he went back to the hotel. That would have been adequate time for AC-3 to lift Moffatt's prints from the envelope. It's unlikely that he moved house since he retired from the police force but it wouldn't have been too difficult to track him down.

My wife thought that too. Like that Leonadro Di Caprio film

Yep. The Departed. Too obvious? A bit. But it's also pretty believable. The next generation of OCG infiltrating the police force.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Yep. The Departed. Too obvious? A bit. But it's also pretty believable. The next generation of OCG infiltrating the police force.

Sure isn't that how Dot started? A gangster basically got him to sign up so it's not too far fetched that another group would try a similar approach

I'm absolutely loving this season, my only concern is that if Hastings isn't H (and I hope he isn't, and he did seem genuinely shocked that Corbett was dead) then the show would have to go some way to explain some of the shady **** - the prison visit, dumping the laptop, the miss spelling of definately, etc.

The money could easily be a set up as he claims but it really doesn't look good. And as for the poster who referred to the investigating detective, can't remember her name, questioning Hastings and treating him with contempt, well, if you were interviewing the head of an anti-corruption unit with that much evidence that the was corrupt then I'd treat him with contempt as well

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭kerry37

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Istanbul airport better have good wifi next Sunday night. I won't be able to wait to see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Ac3 > AC12

Ted you tosser.

The actress playing the lead of ac3 is excellent loved her in motherland.

Don't kill me but Tbh I thought this was kind of a poor enough episode until ac3 came into it.....Gil is kind of campy and OTT.

I also joked it was Jackie Lavery in the bag...and it was lol, she always pops up!

I get the feeling Ted is going down this season as H even though he isn't, next season will be them fighting to clearing him and taking down real H.

Also....can Arnott and Fleming stop calling each other mate bloody constantly it's very distracting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

AC3 is a different force?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

AC3 is a different force?

It another anti corruption (AC) unit I think

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Presumably there are multiple anti-corruption units who focus on different areas of the force.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭shauna17

New to thread ��

I absolutely love this show loved it since the starte of season one and never miss an episode

Last nights episode was absolutely brilliant �� I’m just hoping my thoughts aren’t going to be right

gmisk wrote: »

Also....can Arnott and Fleming stop calling each other mate bloody constantly it's very distracting.
    I find all of the dialogue and interaction between them to be unrealistic and wooden. They are like cop bots, not real people at all.

And I just want to add, I hate Kate's hair. I know it's completely irrelevant but had to get it off my chest.

I find all of the dialogue and interaction between them to be unrealistic and wooden. They are like cop bots, not real people at all.

And I just want to add, I hate Kate's hair. I know it's completely irrelevant but had to get it off my chest.

I hate Kate from this in England and it's carried over to this show unfortunately

I thought Vicki was amazing in 'This is England "

LoD is plot driven. The 'baddies ' are drawn with much greater depth of character than Steve and Kate, who are primarily functional to the plot progression. Even the little glimpses into Kate's home life are cursory and hard to believe.

I enjoy the show for the plot, but honestly think it's over rated in the extreme. It's so far fetched. The protagonists are stick men. Nail biting and cliffhanging for sure. But great tv it's not.

I'm waiting for Spiral (Engrenages) for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I'm still a bit suspicious about why the sudden inclusion of Kate's husband and family life. As we all know by now, the smallest little scenes can have big reprocusions in the future. Is there something to be looked into here with the scene with Kate's husband complaining about her working hours?

Sure isn't that how Dot started? A gangster basically got him to sign up so it's not too far fetched that another group would try a similar approach
    The same plot line popped up in Luther.

• Advertisement

FitzShane wrote: »
    I'm still a bit suspicious about why the sudden inclusion of Kate's husband and family life. As we all know by now, the smallest little scenes can have big reprocusions in the future. Is there something to be looked into here with the scene with Kate's husband complaining about her working hours?
    I doubt it - the recurring theme in the lives of the good police officers in the show is that their relationships are strained/broken. Maybe it's supposed to be a way of portraying the effects of the stress of the job.

Advertisement