Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

I follow Martin Compston on Instagram. He posted an interesting photo and caption "looking forward to ep 6"
    The Caddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Istanbul airport better have good wifi next Sunday night. I won't be able to wait to see it.

I was in the UK at the weekend so it was handy to be able to watch it on my phone via the BBC website.

Talisman wrote: »
    The same plot line popped up in Luther.

Who was it? I can't remember that.

I saw that on his twitter....surely he couldn’t do a spoiler like that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I saw that on his twitter....surely he couldn’t do a spoiler like that!!

Judging by this reaction I'm not clicking that clicking that spoiler tag up there....

• Advertisement

Judging by this reaction I'm not clicking that clicking that spoiler tag up there....

Ya don’t!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

I don't get how Ted could be H, logistically. I know it's all about things not being as they seem but that would be kinda ridiculous and trashy.
    gmisk wrote: »
    Don't kill me but Tbh I thought this was kind of a poor enough episode until ac3 came into it
    Numerous people said the same.

Ye are a tough crowd. That show was jam packed! :p

Bar is set very high but there are no poor episodes imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Talisman

Effects wrote: »
    Who was it? I can't remember that.
    DCI Ian Reed, it was in the first series.

latest?cb=20100503100107

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭bisset

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I find all of the dialogue and interaction between them to be unrealistic and wooden. They are like cop bots, not real people at all.

And I just want to add, I hate Kate's hair. I know it's completely irrelevant but had to get it off my chest.

The presenters on Obsessed with Line of Duty Podcast (https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07429ym) love Kate's hair . I agree with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭bisset

Is Ted supposed to be a Free mason and a Catholic? I thought the two were mutally exclusive

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Nope. There are many Catholic masons. The masons only require you to worship God.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly are free masons?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

FitzShane wrote: »

They have a grand lodge in town, they do tours every now and then. Interesting building.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭trashcan

FitzShane wrote: »

They're masons who aren't locked up !

:o:P ( sorry, couldn't resist.)

I'm finding this series is stretching it a bit. It's still compelling, and I'm looking forward to the last episode, but another thing that's bugging me is who is supposed to be running the OCG ? It looked like Corbett originally, when they wanted us to think Lisa was the undercover cop. Now is it supposed to be her ? She seems far too junior. Is H supposed to be the big mastermind ? I thought the bent cops were just supposed to be inleague with the gangsters, not actually running the show.

Contradicting myself, but surely he wouldn't be allowed to post spoilers. Maybe he's just teasing us.
    trashcan wrote: »
    I'm finding this series is stretching it a bit.

Not my favourite season either, but still enjoying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

bisset wrote: »
    I find all of the dialogue and interaction between them to be unrealistic and wooden. They are like cop bots, not real people at all.

And I just want to add, I hate Kate's hair. I know it's completely irrelevant but had to get it off my chest.

The presenters on Obsessed with Line of Duty Podcast (https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07429ym) love Kate's hair . I agree with them
    H stands for "hair". Can't figure out why not one has realised this yet. Kate's awful hair do is the evil mastermind behind the OCG.
    I've heard the podcast. The presenters are deeply annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

H stands for "hair". Can't figure out why not one has realised this yet. Kate's awful hair do is the evil mastermind behind the OCG.
    Eh, spoiler tags - HELLO?!! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

FitzShane wrote:

Lads who do stone work voluntarily

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,459 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Effects wrote: »
    They have a grand lodge in town, they do tours every now and then. Interesting building.

There's a museum in London I need to check out.

Not sure if I'm mad on the Hastings being H thing they're pushing now. It would be a betrayal of the viewers if he did turn out to be H. The audience knows this. It worked with Arnott in Season 3 because we knew that he was being framed whereas this is just a pretense that's easy to see through. It's up there with the woman in season 4 who lost her arm because she never bothered to see a doctor until she fainted.

Otherwise enjoying this immensely though.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭brian_t

Mr E wrote: »
    Just announced that it's officially getting a fifth AND sixth series...

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/line-of-duty/news/a827542/line-of-duty-returning-for-series-six-bbc-confirms/

The creator of Line of Duty has suggested that this Sunday’s episode could be the final ever instalment.

Jed Mercurio, who also created the hit BBC series Bodyguard, was responding to an article posted by The Sun that claimed bosses were trying to lure actor Martin Compston back for two more series of the crime drama.

However, according to Mercurio, a sixth series hasn’t been confirmed let alone a seventh.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/line-of-duty-series-5-episode-6-bbc1-ted-hastings-jed-mercuro-iplayer-adrian-dunbar-a8894366.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Wow! Is that a smokescreen? How can he have written the final episode of series five if he doesn't yet know if there will be a sixth series? The conclusion has to be that we're left somewhat hanging at the end of Sundays final episode and that we may never know who H is!

I think he's just trying to drive up the viewing figures for Sunday night.

In a previous interview he said that they always sit down after the series has aired to discuss the next series, nothing is confirmed until everything is sorted in terms of scheduling. When series 5 was confirmed, he said that series 6 would be the final one.

He did an interview with the Radio Times last month where he said he'll need another 2 series to tie up the story lines but it won't be confirmed until they all sit down to do the schedule for the next series.

I'm not sure that Adrian Dunbar, Vicky McClure and Martin Compston realised they would be committing to 10+ years when they began the first series. It might be the case that Mercurio needs to be told by the BBC that series 6 is the final one and he needs to bring it to a close rather than continually adding new strings to the story. Maya Sondhi (Maneet Bindra) asked Mercurio for her character to be killed in the current series - he was disappointed because he had envisioned an exciting story line for her character.

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Wow! Is that a smokescreen? How can he have written the final episode of series five if he doesn't yet know if there will be a sixth series? The conclusion has to be that we're left somewhat hanging at the end of Sundays final episode and that we may never know who H is!

Why should the last episode end on a cliff-hanger.

As far as I remember all previous series have ended with a logical conclusion. It's only been in the following series that we have been told that there were loose ends from the previous series.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

brian_t wrote: »
    Why should the last episode end on a cliff-hanger.

As far as I remember all previous series have ended with a logical conclusion. It's only been in the following series that we have been told that there were loose ends from the previous series.

Well I don't imagine he will reveal H if there is a possibility of a further series - so we have to assume he wrote it on the basis that there will be a series 6. That's what I mean by cliff hanger here - in other words ignore what he said about this possibly being the final series, it's just a smokescreen, has to be.

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Well I don't imagine he will reveal H if there is a possibility of a further series - so we have to assume he wrote it on the basis that there will be a series 6. That's what I mean by cliff hanger here - in other words ignore what he said about this possibly being the final series, it's just a smokescreen, has to be.

I think that we will be told who H is.

Whether we think it is the real H or not is a different matter.

brian_t wrote: »
    I think that we will be told who H is.

Whether we think it is the real H or not is a different matter.
    Yes I think the identity of H will be revealed to the audience but it won't become apparent to the investigating officers until the series that follows - just as in the final minutes of series 1 it was revealed that Cottan was the Caddy but the storyline was developed over the next two series.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Freemasons are fine with Catholics but the RCC is not fine with masons. Daniel O'Connell was a prominent mason but he had to leave because the church changed its position and the Catholic Liberator couldn't be excommunicated.

I would suspect Ted is not a practicing Catholic since he very clearly is a practicing mason.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Cartel Mike

Anyone binge-watching The Shield over on All4?
    Mackie's one liners make Ted's sound like they came from a parish priest........ at a wake..... Just saying.

• Advertisement

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Freemasons are fine with Catholics but the RCC is not fine with masons. Daniel O'Connell was a prominent mason but he had to leave because the church changed its position and the Catholic Liberator couldn't be excommunicated.

I would suspect Ted is not a practicing Catholic since he very clearly is a practicing mason.

He's Catholic?

Advertisement