Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,459 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

He's Catholic?

Yep. I recall it coming up early with Arnott asking if he was racist in his pursuit of Tony Gates in Season 1. He angrily responded talking about the issues facing Northern Irish Catholics.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

That tiniest of smiles on Teds face as hes being banged up. He's exactly where he planned/wants to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Will he, won't he reveal H, interesting fact that it was originally only commissioned for 2 seasons.

Line of Duty is a British BBC police procedural television series created by Jed Mercurio. The first series premiered on 26 June 2012 and became BBC Two's best-performing drama series in ten years with a consolidated audience of 4.1 million viewers.[1] The second series broadcast began on 12 February 2014;[2] its widespread public and critical acclaim, led to the BBC commissioning a further two series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Yep. I recall it coming up early with Arnott asking if he was racist in his pursuit of Tony Gates in Season 1. He angrily responded talking about the issues facing Northern Irish Catholics.

His name, Edward, strikes me as more of a British name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Talisman

It was the first episode of the series. He spoke about how himself and his buddy, the two catholics, were assigned a particular patrol, a pipe bomb went off, his partner was killed, he was hospitalised and the log book at the station went missing.

"Don’t you talk to me about victimisation. Nobody's blacker than me, son."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,374 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Middle name is Gerard - seen on the prison visiting log.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Talisman wrote: »
    It was the first episode of the series. He spoke about how himself and his buddy, the two catholics, were assigned a particular patrol, a pipe bomb went off, his partner was killed, he was hospitalised and the log book at the station went missing.

"Don’t you talk to me about victimisation. Nobody's blacker than me, son."

Ah yes, It's coming back to me now. I need a refresher on previous seasons.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

As a genealogist, you can't make those generalisations about names in the 20th century but it would be more likely a protestant name in the 19th for sure.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭brian_t

Melvyn Bragg sits down for an exclusive interview with the writer and creator of Bodyguard and Line of Duty, Jed Mercurio.

The South Bank Show - this Sunday 10.30pm on Sky Arts.

i'm calling it now. Ted is going to take down everyone. Ted is H but he is a deep deep UCO,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

Heckler wrote: »
    i'm calling it now. Ted is going to take down everyone. Ted is H but he is a deep deep UCO,

How can he be H and deep deep uco at the same time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

Just a word of warning to anyone on social media today, apparently season 5 DVD was released this morning bizarrely, so bound to be spoliers online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Kevwoody wrote: »
    Just a word of warning to anyone on social media today, apparently season 5 DVD was released this morning bizarrely, so bound to be spoliers online.

Bizarre. Really really bizarre.

Needless to say let's keep it spoilers free here until post BBC broadcast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Mother of God

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Mackie's one liners make Ted's sound like they came from a parish priest........ at a wake..... Just saying.

That's what they are meant to sound like.

Talisman wrote: »
    I'm not sure that Adrian Dunbar, Vicky McClure and Martin Compston realised they would be committing to 10+ years when they began the first series.

Is it that big of a deal? probably only 5 or 6 weeks work each year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭cml387

Just as aside, if you liked Stephen Graham as John Corbett, look out for him in an upcoming C4 drama (which has an Irish angle) called The Virtues starting on May 15th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

After all the TV and cinema I've watched in the last two weeks, I'll just be happy if the finale doesn't have a time travel plot that breaks its own rules, or a stupid cavalry charge into total darkness at the start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,017 ✭✭✭✭Basq

For some reason, I can't help but expect disappointment.. lot to live up to here.

I'll just be happy if the finale doesn't have a time travel plot that breaks its own rules

What show was that?

Effects wrote: »
    What show was that?

Avengers Endgame

• Advertisement

Avengers Endgame

Ah sh1t, I guess that's a spoiler so!

Effects wrote: »
    Ah sh1t, I guess that's a spoiler so!

Not particularly. If you haven't seen it yet, don't worry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭cml387

It can't possibly live up to the hype. Just enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I just hope it doesn't leave massive plot holes, regardless of the outcome - I can accept characters doing stupid things (within reason), but as long the conclusion makes sense all round I'll be happy

I do feel though that one way or another we need to find out who H is - as one poster said above it doesn't matter if the unit don't know, or if they identify the wrong person as H but I can't take another series of it essentially using the same cliffhanger three series in a row

kala85 wrote: »
    How can he be H and deep deep uco at the same time

Cos its Line of Duty !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Ted Hastings has the worst lawyer. They guy just sits there and says nothing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

Poor Ted, getting blamed for everything now

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jamemid

This is disappointing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

My heart is breaking for Ted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Sinead Mc1

If Ted is faking it, then Adrian is a great actor at playing a great actor!

Advertisement