Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭This is it

Very underwhelming

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Seeing Dot's dying declaration proved that Hastings wasn't H

I thought the Morse code thing was a bit of a stretch though

Overall a decent conclusion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,907 ✭✭✭✭banie01

The leap from Morse code to 4 dots to 4 high level corrupt officers was a bit of a stretch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

Thought the ending was good. Redeemed the whole of season 5.

Sets up season 6 for what could be a good ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭vanman99

terrible ending, that was a filler episode and a reason for another series, very poor

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Meh, an anti climax imo. Knew only part of the story would be told though. Thought all previous episodes were excellent.

That Morse code thing is stupid.

Nevertheless, roll on season six!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

The whole hour long interrogation was just so pointless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭brian_t

It's lucky the camera caught his hand signal.

banie01 wrote: »
    The leap from Morse code to 4 dots to 4 high level corrupt officers was a bit of a stretch.

Aye, it was only when it was replayed during the interview I realised, after Dot blinks H Kate starts again and gets as far as D and he doesn't blink for any of them, therefore it couldn't be Hastings

And now that I'm thinking about it, Steve seeing a freeze frame of the dying declaration couldn't possibly have led to him realising Dot was using Morse code

It's starting to jump the shark lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

I really enjoyed it. I was expecting more of a stand off and guns blazing, but I guess Jed knew we'd be expecting it, and delivered the opposite.
    I was right about Ryan, in the police force now. So who is he still working for? Lisa never mentioned him in her interviews, so she was still playing the game.

• Advertisement

Aye, it was only when it was replayed during the interview I realised, after Dot blinks H Kate starts again and gets as far as D and he doesn't blink for any of them, therefore it couldn't be Hastings

And now that I'm thinking about it, Steve seeing a freeze frame of the dying declaration couldn't possibly have led to him realising Dot was using Morse code

Yeah it definitely has a shelf life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

That was a lot of fun. Anna Maxwell Martin is a fantastic addition definitely hope she comes back next season, she was seriously vicious to her subordinant....loved it.
    I appreciated the lack of a big shoot out.
    It was fairly obvious Gill was gonna be taken out on her loo break as well.

Obviously Gill was dodgy as hell, she was a just a tad camp and OTT for me. Her dodgy looking new house and car were a highlight

Also it was pretty obvious Ryan was joining the police.
    The Morse code thing was beyond silly.

So it's obviously hinting at 2 candidates for H.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

That was deja vu all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

A bit yeah. The morse code was a sort of deus ex machina. It happens with shows like these.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

I really enjoyed it. I was expecting more of a stand off and guns blazing, but I guess Jed knew we'd be expecting it, and delivered the opposite.
    I was right about Ryan, in the police force now. So who is he still working for? Lisa never mentioned him in her interviews, so she was still playing the game.

Why the tears after killing Corbett though?

Autecher wrote: »
    Ted Hastings has the worst lawyer. They guy just sits there and says nothing!
    Lady friend isn't fair....Jesus..utterly useless

Yeah she was clearly always dodge. It was obvious something was going to be revealed about her.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jamemid

Morse code!! Ah come on, there taking the pis*.
    Stupid ending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

they said there was three people who were part of the OCG, but I count four; Hilton, Dot, Gill and Hargreaves. Was Hargreaves not part of the OCG then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

banie01 wrote: »

In all fairness, AC12's success can be largely attributed to longshot hunches and suspicions.

Somewhat relieved that Ted didn't meet his maker. The tension when the text message was being typed was pretty intense.

• Advertisement

oneilla wrote: »
    Why the tears after killing Corbett though?
    Probably still possessed a teeny bit of humanity.

She and John became quite close too - not intimately but in terms of their relationship as colleagues. Got on well.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Cartel Mike

Low budget stuff there.
    Gonna finish watching the shield. Would highly recommend everyone /anyone to watch the shadow line on daily motion if they get a chance.
    Until next time I guess

Best line

"Stop making a tit of yourself and piss off"

Amazing...yeah piss off Michelle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭brian_t

"Urgent exit required"

Well, it worked for Cottan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭4Ad

A load of bollix.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭vanman99

nope, best line was "we're going to have to blue light it"....how cheesy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Probably still possessed a teeny bit of humanity.

She and John became quite close too - not intimately but in terms of their relationship as colleagues. Got on well.

Maybe he was his father

biZrb wrote: »
    they said there was three people who were part of the OCG, but I count four; Hilton, Dot, Gill and Hargreaves. Was Hargreaves not part of the OCG then?

Hargreaves wasn't part of the OCG, he was blackmailed into turning up, being H, after he was one of their sex houses, they had his DNA in a condom

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

The Morse code thing was ridiculous.
    This season has been relatively poor compared to the rest TBH

• Advertisement

Yeah she was clearly always dodge. It was obvious something was going to be revealed about her.

Do you know what? I noticed that she was more glammed up this season but didn't pay any heed to it - don't think I'll be joining Ryan in Police School anytime soon....

Advertisement