Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Hollyworth wrote: »
    But that's still the same set up. The results were different, for sure. But, if you were to describe both scenes in a sentence for the TV guide (and season 5's opening for that matter) it would be that "a police convoy goes wrong."

If an episode of a TV show opens with a car crash and the driver dies, and then the next episode opens with another car crash and the driver lives, its still the same set up to the episode. You've started the show with a car crash. Yes, the stories will go in different directions because the crashes had different results, but it's still the same set up.

I just wish Mercurio would come up with something else. Is that all police do? Drive around in convoys giving each other brooding glances.

I'm sorry, I just can't get on board with this. We're on the sixth season and you're complaining they used (vaguely) the same setup as they used in season 2.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,476 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I'm sorry, I just can't get on board with this. We're on the sixth season and you're complaining they used (vaguely) the same setup as they used in season 2.

Agreed. I didn't even notice. Last Line of Duty season was 2019, wasn't it?

Like, if it was some godawful US procedural with twenty something episodes per season then sure but I'm fine with it as LoD is quality over quantity.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,511 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

FunLover18 wrote: »

very vaguely at that. they both involved a convoy of vehicles. that is it. the only similarity.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I think we'll find that this season is not all it seems in terms of plot

Hyzepher wrote: »
    I think we'll find that this season is not all it seems in terms of plot

Thats what always happens and thats what Im expecting. I don't understand these comments about it having run its course or that they've run out of ideas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,849 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Thats what always happens and thats what Im expecting. I don't understand these comments about it having run its course or that they've run out of ideas.

I think it's far from finished, ratings too high. Unless Mercurio pulls the plug. It does however stretch credulity ever more season by season, but that's okay. As long as it remains entertaining, and it is, we'll all keep watching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

doing a full re-watch the last few days

S3 is weirdly split in 2

I'm also fairly sure Ted was on to Dot really early, but gave him a lot of rope to hang himself with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

doing a full re-watch the last few days

S3 is weirdly split in 2

I'm also fairly sure Ted was on to Dot really early, but gave him a lot of rope to hang himself with

Seasons 2 & 3 are possibly some of the best TV I've ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Doing a rewatch as herself hasn't seen any of it

Just starting season 2 and episode 2, when Lindsey Denton absolutely turns the tables on them during the interview - one of the best TV moments I've seen, I'd forgotten just how powerful a performance Kelley Hawes gave as Denton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

I'd forgotten just how powerful a performance Kelley Hawes gave as Denton

She was the best guest star so far imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Doing a rewatch as herself hasn't seen any of it

Just starting season 2 and episode 2, when Lindsey Denton absolutely turns the tables on them during the interview - one of the best TV moments I've seen, I'd forgotten just how powerful a performance Kelley Hawes gave as Denton

She was top class. She's a great actress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭.red.

She was fantastic in it, for me it'd be a toss up between her Steven Graham as who were better in it.
    Thandie Newton was brilliant too tho.

We started watching Unforgotton from the recommendations here and powered thru the first season, very good. Halfway thru the second season already.

CoBo55 wrote: »
    She was top class. She's a great actress.

Absolutely, and she seems to nail every varying role I've seen her in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

in Bodyguard she was excellent too

but she has a great emotional range in LOD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Line of duty tonight, fantastic.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,476 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Started Unforgotten. Second episode starting to look really interesting. I can't find where it's disappearing from Netflix and I'm not keen on bingeing it over the next few days.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

I've binged Unforgotten (from this thread recommendation)
    I'm up to Ep4 series 4
    Really enjoying it, good guest stars every series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

When is Unforgotten due to disappear? Trying to figure if I've time to watch it, don't want to start and get left hanging!

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    When is Unforgotten due to disappear? Trying to figure if I've time to watch it, don't want to start and get left hanging!

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/leaving-soon/movies-tv-series-leaving-netflix-uk-in-april-2021/

Not in April anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭kitten_k

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

30th March, when you play the episode it should come up in the corner when it is going to expire

• Advertisement

in Bodyguard she was excellent too

but she has a great emotional range in LOD

Very different for It's A Sin, The Durrels, Rebecca, High-Rise & The Hollow Crown. Excelled in all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Very different for It's A Sin, The Durrels, Rebecca, High-Rise & The Hollow Crown. Excelled in all.

Not forgetting Ashes to Ashes, she was brilliant in that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

In case anyone needs a recap of Episode 1.

5hN1nqJ.jpg?1

It’s just so great to have it to look forward to on a Sunday night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

The Graffiti tunnel!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

The Graffiti tunnel!!

Why was the ground on there wet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Why was the ground on there wet?

Dunno, but I'd blame either bent coppers or the OCG...............OR A LEAK!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Dunno, but I'd blame either bent coppers or the OCG...............OR A LEAK!!

The ground is covered in CHIS, Steve!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah lads, i never copped it that Ryan is not only the same character as the kid in season 1 but actually the same actor as well.

Advertisement