Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

I’d give last weeks a 5 and this weeks an 8. Macdonald was much better tonight.

Now we’re cooking with gas!

It was filmed during the horrendous Wave 1 of Covid in the UK, so if it's just a 6 overall this season I'll be ok with it

For me, a 6 out of 10 Line Of Duty is still better than most shows

• Moderators Posts: 6,870 ✭✭✭Spocker

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    From season 1 and popped up here and there, cop with the cane. His story finished up retired with pension and last seen cutting his garden. Doubt the OCG has much use for him.

I dunno, tell me its not the same nose...

548535.png
    548536.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,273 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

There's a resemblance around the eyes alright but thats it! The forehead and the ears no!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Spocker wrote: »

548535.png
    548536.png

Isn't that Neil Morrissey in the second pic? Definitely not the guy from tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

548535.png
    548536.png

It's not the same nose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Messi19 wrote: »
    I thought it was Lakewell too

Thought it might be Buckells on the audio file.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Read it on another forum but... H is for Hillside?? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭trashcan

Zero-Cool wrote: »

He was an absolute little scrote in the first series.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

trashcan wrote: »
    He was an absolute little scrote in the first series.

A worthy heir to The Caddy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭MfMan

The woman who plays Stephen Graham's widow, was she the woman in that TV ad a couple of years back as the mother of the kid who buys a doll in the toy shop because her friends are passing by, but then goes back in to exchange it after discussing it in the car? Nissan Juke ad I think.. "Little boxes" tune used as the jingle.

https://www.adworld.ie/2019/11/22/ad-of-the-week-in-association-with-adsmart-from-sky-nissan-juke-in-the-company-of-huskies/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

ShineOn7 wrote: »

She's obviously suspicious but what use is he as an inside man if anyone can look up his file and see his record and whatever else they have on him? I'd have thought it'd have been sealed as he was a minor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Kate is working for Hastings, but Steve isn't in on it
    I really hope it turns out Kate is undercover and investigating Jo because the amount of ass kissing and sucking up she's been doing the last couple of episodes is getting a tad nauseating - "Great minds think alike, boss", "I'm not telling you anything you don't already know, boss" ........etc....etc.....

Also, much better episode this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,849 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

So what did she do to be blackmailed.

Possibly got her Mum out of some trouble. Hence the anger towards the picture last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,011 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Just to play Devil's advocate on the Kate looking up Ryan bit. Was that scene after she had asked him where does she know him from? Maybe she was just searching him to try re-jig her memory or is just being nosey about the new person in the office. I'd suspect she can't use facebook in the office!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,273 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Fitz* wrote: »
    Just to play Devil's advocate on the Kate looking up Ryan bit. Was that scene after she had asked him where does she know him from? Maybe she was just searching him to try re-jig her memory or is just being nosey about the new person in the office. I'd suspect she can't use facebook in the office!

I think it's the concerned look on her face that's got people thinking. I love this show! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Loved the episode last night. I think it's pretty certain Kate is undercover and keeping a watch on Davidson (that was a great spot on her screen btw!) and has her suspicions about Ryan. The only question is whether she is working for Hastings or someone else. The interview scene last night was brilliant, some of the lines from Hastings! "In fact I think I'm getting it right now"! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I assumed that screen grab was from a previous season when she was still with AC12.

It's also something that a smart cop wouldn't do when that same policeman could be looking over your shoulder.

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Loved the episode last night. I think it's pretty certain Kate is undercover and keeping a watch on Davidson (that was a great spot on her screen btw!) and has her suspicions about Ryan. The only question is whether she is working for Hastings or someone else. The interview scene last night was brilliant, some of the lines from Hastings! "In fact I think I'm getting it right now"! :)

To be honest I was on Davidson's side as Hastings was so annoying. If you're so convinced that an officer is corrupt you surely need some proper evidence and they had zilch, entirely speculation. I'm not sure what the threshold for charging officers is but I can't believe they had sufficient justification for doing so, particularly before searching premises. Thus that just felt a bit daft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

Never watched this before until last night. I didn't have a clue what was happening most of the time but I could not stop watching.

Some simple questions, where is it supposed to be based- London, Manchester? The widow had a scouse accent and talked about Steve being 'up here' on work, so is she in Liverpool or living somewhere else. I thought I read that some of it was filmed in Belfast
    ( I know it's not supposed to be based there). What's supposed to be wrong with Steve or do we know yet, has he had addiction issues to painkillers in the past or is the bad back a new problem (like the rest of us WFH!!).

I was wondering if the widow was the same person who met Hastings at the office and they left the building, with Steve watching. I take it that her husband was a 'bent cop'?

Who is Hastings boss, at least I assume it's his boss, he went to see her and called her ma'am - her face looks familiar?
    I think they released Davidson to let her think that she's off the hook a little and they will now sit back and see what she does next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

If Steves cars get any more expensive I'm going to have to say he is H. What's he driving now, a €60k Volvo S90.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭VG31

Radio5 wrote: »
    Some simple questions, where is it supposed to be based- London, Manchester? The widow had a scouse accent and talked about Steve being 'up here' on work, so is she in Liverpool or living somewhere else. I thought I read that some of it was filmed in Belfast
    ( I know it's not supposed to be based there).

I think it's meant to be based in the East/West Midlands. As far as I remember there were references to the East Midlands police and Birmingham in earlier series.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,476 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

VG31 wrote: »
    I think it's meant to be based in the East/West Midlands. As far as I remember there were references to the East Midlands police and Birmingham in earlier series.

It's London. You see shots of London at various points in the series. Presumably, the characters with regional accents relocated to the capital.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭cml387

Never watched this before until last night. I didn't have a clue what was happening most of the time but I could not stop watching.

( I know it's not supposed to be based there). What's supposed to be wrong with Steve or do we know yet, has he had addiction issues to painkillers in the past or is the bad back a new problem (like the rest of us WFH!!).

I was wondering if the widow was the same person who met Hastings at the office and they left the building, with Steve watching. I take it that her husband was a 'bent cop'?

Who is Hastings boss, at least I assume it's his boss, he went to see her and called her ma'am - her face looks familiar?
    I think they released Davidson to let her think that she's off the hook a little and they will now sit back and see what she does next.

I believe the makers of the programme want it to be non specific, the fact it's all shot in Belfast means they get away with it because most of the viewers don't know Belfast.

The previous season had Stephen Graham (as a scouser) playing the bent cop although there was major doubt as to whether he was bent at all.

Steve Arnett was very badly beaten up in a previous series (bad things seem to happen to him).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

It's never been specifically stated where it is but seems to be east midlands

He was beaten with a bat and thrown down the stairs by the husband of a bent copper Roz Huntley and ended up in a wheelchair for a while

Her husband was the copper under investigation last season,John Corbett.He was deep in an OCG but overall he was just trying to find out about the corruption in the police.He was too deep though being involved in illegal events.

This video will help you get caught up but its worth watching from the beginning

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭gilly1910

Thought last night's episode was brilliant, definitely Jed at his best. We were been pulled all over the place, and that is the brilliance of Line of Duty, as it leaves you hanging on for more, and now we have to wait a whole week for next week's episode. It's just like television used to be, none of this watching an entire series in one night, god I am getting old :)

It's London. You see shots of London at various points in the series. Presumably, the characters with regional accents relocated to the capital.

East Midlands/Birmingham. Shot the first series there and though the city isn't named it's been implied from the beginning. I've not noticed any shots of London but you could be right.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,476 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    East Midlands/Birmingham. Shot the first series there and though the city isn't named it's been implied from the beginning. I've not noticed any shots of London but you could be right.

I'm watching Unforgotten so maybe I'm muddling it up with that.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Talisman

Pentecost wrote: »
    She's obviously suspicious but what use is he as an inside man if anyone can look up his file and see his record and whatever else they have on him? I'd have thought it'd have been sealed as he was a minor.
    He didn't have a criminal record as a minor because Buckells chose not to pursue the case - that was in the first series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭CoBo55

548535.png
    548536.png

I think it's the big aggressive detective, I honestly can't remember his name he has a very strong accent, he was a bobby in peaky blinders. Sorry for being so vague.

Advertisement