Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,849 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Celchick wrote: »
    Well I haven't seen it at all anywhere else - nor the end credits, nor IMDB, nor Wikipedia (same for Neil Morrissey and the guy who played Hargreaves) but the first actor I thought of as soon as I saw Beard Guy at the end was Stephen Dillane (Stannis in GoT). I had it recorded and I rewound and paused it a few times. Watched Alex Rider with him in it recently too, and he's rocking a beard. I'm convinced it's him.

Also, Steve's new colleague Chloe who took over from Kate... remember Gates, the very first police officer to be investigated? Daughter called Chloe. :)

The mystery they won't let us figure out though is Davidson (good - prefer something to be intriguing right to the end).

It's so deliciously good - and I'm super envious of anyone who's only now watching it from the beginning!

Almost certainly not Dillane, seen him in lots of stuff and that driver's face doesn't register.

Have people considered that the bearded lad is just a delivery guy we'll not see again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Almost certainly not Dillane, seen him in lots of stuff and that driver's face doesn't register.

Have people considered that the bearded lad is just a delivery guy we'll not see again?
    I think people usually would - it's just that this guy reminds people of certain actors/previous characters.

I still think he looks like S. Dillane, who's gotten craggier - e.g. in Outlaw King.

Celchick wrote: »
    I think people usually would - it's just that this guy reminds people of certain actors/previous characters.

He reminds me of every barman in every craft beer holstelry in Galway. In terms of actors I'm drawing a blank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,012 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I think the camera panned on his face for longer than it would someone who is just an extra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I expect he'll pop up again as part of the gang but I don't think he'll have a major role.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Just on Hargreaves

I'm not 100% on all the details so I'll stand to be corrected but AC12 were expecting H to be present at the Eastfield Depot robbery.

Hargreaves turned up was shot dead for failing to surrender (or something like that?) with many believing he was H however they later discovered he was blackmailed into turning up as the OCG had his DNA in a condom from one of his visits to one of their prostitution dens.

He was investigated as a potential H but I think once they discovered the above he wasn't considered a serious candidate after that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

gilly1910 wrote: »
    It's just like television used to be

Big time

Both it and Unforgotten have me using VPNs and all sorts because I need to see it live

Watching it on catchup isn't good enough

I'd have to go all the way back to the Breaking Bad finale for the last time TV made me do that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

This week's episode really kicked things up a notch. Lots of twists and turns and great to see a proper interview this week! Hastings dropping in nordie sayings all over the place, he really shone in the interview.

Kate definitely undercover I think. She totally clocked Ryan...the sneaky wee $hite!

I see lots of speculation about the guy with the beard in the van who dropped off the burner phone, I definitely don't recognise him, but who knows how Jed Mercurio will weave things!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

How long would it have been since she seen Ryan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

8 years if time is the same as in real life

2012 was the first year it aired, and s6 is set at the end of 2020

• Advertisement

Not since season 1 so about 6/7 years or so assuming times moves with our time

Notice how he was hiding from Steve because it was him who tortured Steve in Season 1 and I'm sure that's a face Steve will never forget

Kate did a very intensive interview with him in Season 1, looking to discover the identity of the person who turned out to be Hunter but Ryan claimed not to know who it was

In Ryan's last scene in Season 1 - after that interview - he's dropped home by two community officers, one of whom goes back to the house to give Ryan his card in case he ever wants a chat or to go out for a burger, could that be the moment he started on a different path?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Just listening to the latest podcast and they're thinking that one of the main characters will be getting killed off this season.. Will be interesting.

What podcast is that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

What podcast is that?

Obsessed with Line of Duty. Presented by the actor who played Dot and a weekly guest.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,476 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Onsessee with Line of Duty. Presented by the actor who played Dot and a weekly guest.

He's in the second season of RTÉ's Rebellion as well.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Not since season 1 so about 6/7 years or so assuming times moves with our time

Notice how he was hiding from Steve because it was him who tortured Steve in Season 1 and I'm sure that's a face Steve will never forget

Kate did a very intensive interview with him in Season 1, looking to discover the identity of the person who turned out to be Hunter but Ryan claimed not to know who it was

In Ryan's last scene in Season 1 - after that interview - he's dropped home by two community officers, one of whom goes back to the house to give Ryan his card in case he ever wants a chat or to go out for a burger, could that be the moment he started on a different path?

Alas no Hercule, he sliced Stephen Graham's throat in the last season. He's an organised crime infiltrator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

he sliced Stephen Graham's throat in the last season

In the exact same way Banks was found in last night's episode too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    In the exact same way Banks was found in last night's episode too

I thought Ryan was the culprit based on same.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Second episode much better than first. Although took me a few minutes to work out who all the previous characters were.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭appledrop

Do you know what I'm actually delighted Line of Duty has to be watched old school on weekly basis.

Makes it much more fun when everyone spends the week dissecting the episode and working out what happens.

Otherwise the ending would be realised after 1st day and where would the fun in that be!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭trashcan

seligehgit wrote: »
    I thought Ryan was the culprit based on same.

I think he planted the knife too. Wasn’t he hanging around the crime scene ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

That slit throat is the same way Jackie Laverty was killed in S1 too, it's the signature of the OCG

Alas no Hercule, he sliced Stephen Graham's throat in the last season. He's an organised crime infiltrator.

Sorry should have phrased myself better, I meant was that the moment that rather than being an out and out thug he started on the road to joining the force similar to Dot - an inside man from the start

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

I’m late to the party! Does anyone know if any player has line of duty from season 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭General Toilet

I’m late to the party! Does anyone know if any player has line of duty from season 1?
    Netflix has seasons 1 to 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Oh thanks! I could have sworn when I checked last week it just had the latest season. That’s brilliant, much better than any player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Not anymore, only has season 5 now

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭General Toilet

That's a shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,507 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Series 1 still showing as available for me :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,017 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Listening to a random Spotify playlist and the song "Help I'm Alive" (by Metric) came up and was convinced I remember it being used very effectively in a Line Of Duty promo..

Quick Youtube later and..

Far superior to most promos done for the series nowadays..

Advertisement