Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,130 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I’m late to the party! Does anyone know if any player has line of duty from season 1?

Welcome aboard :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Didn't like S1E1 at all until the twist at the end, the overall feel, bad acting etc.
    Does it get better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

accensi0n wrote: »
    Didn't like S1E1 at all until the twist at the end, the overall feel, bad acting etc.
    Does it get better?

Hell yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭trashcan

mike65 wrote: »
    Its no the wire Between the Lines, well not yet.
    Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Did not think it was that good. Will continue to watch because it does have some potential and there is not too many episodes.

Interesting to read these comments after the very first episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭sporina

finished rewatching series 5 in prep for 6.. Q who ordered the cop Tranter to stab Gill Biggaloe after she had been found out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,849 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

sporina wrote: »
    finished rewatching series 5 in prep for 6.. Q who ordered the cop Tranter to stab Gill Biggaloe after she had been found out?

H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

trashcan wrote: »
    Interesting to read these comments after the very first episode.

I was a late comer to LOD also. I binged seasons 1 - 4 before season 5 came out. I also remember not being too impressed by the first episode of season 1. But I got hooked very fast.

I rewatched season 1 last week. It's still brilliant. I thought Lennie James did excellent work.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    H

?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

I've just finished S4, and had forgotten the shocking moment when
    Huntley lost her hand

Thandie Newton was incredible throughout, and I wonder if they have her lined up to come back at any stage, she got 10 years, S4 aired in 2017.

finished rewatching series 5 last night - Graham is fantastic as Corbertt.. I don;t think Arnott is. v good actor if i'm honest.. its like he is just throwing his lines out.. love Fleming though

Will watch series 6 when its over on TV

• Advertisement

accensi0n wrote: »
    Does it get better?

stick with it , the rollercoaster is only beginning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

I don;t think Arnott is. v good actor if i'm honest.. its like he is just throwing his lines out..
    Yeah he's not great much of the time imo. Strange casting choice I think.

Celchick wrote: »

He’s the best midge ure ever

How long did you get Bob?
    18 mins
    How long is don’t like Mondays Bob?
    3 mins
    Ya gonna play it 6 times ?

?

A mischievous post, but who else but H or the OCG would be ordering that hit in the event of her being revealed?

finished rewatching series 5 last night - Graham is fantastic as Corbertt.. I don;t think Arnott is. v good actor if i'm honest.. its like he is just throwing his lines out.. love Fleming though

Will watch series 6 when its over on TV

Agreed. Stephen Graham is excellent in anything I've ever seen him in. Vicky McLure also and they were great together in This is England.

Martin Compston is a decent guy I think but not a greatly impressive actor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭mcw100

I’m late to the party! Does anyone know if any player has line of duty from season 1?

RTÉ player showing season 1 to 5 from Thursday

A mischievous post, but who else but H or the OCG would be ordering that hit in the event of her being revealed?

well is season 5 is anything to go by, its not necessarily "H" at all.. just another person.. (if Arnott's morse code theory is correct"..

but say nada - not started season 6 yet

well is season 5 is anything to go by, its not necessarily "H" at all.. just another person.. (if Arnott's morse code theory is correct"..

but say nada - not started season 6 yet

So you didn't hear about H being revealed on Sunday?

So you didn't hear about H being revealed on Sunday?

ok i am leaving this thread now - will return when i've caught up.. but if you have attempted to spoil if for me, shame on you - but i will just blank that out of my mind x

ok i am leaving this thread now - will return when i've caught up.. but if you have attempted to spoil if for me, shame on you - but i will just blank that out of my mind x

Was kidding. No spoilers I promise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭brian_t

There is a new 3 part series starting in 2 weeks time on Wednesday 14th April on BBC2 at 9pm.

Bent Coppers: Crossing the Line of Duty
    This series explores the dirty secrets behind London’s policing with a story of corruption that goes to the very top of the Met and leads to the formation of the first internal anti-corruption unit, A10, which inspired the BBC drama Line of Duty.

The first episode begins in 1969, at a time when the British police are held to be the most trusted and effective force in the world. But all that’s about to change. When a desperate south London villain tips off The Times about how he is being extorted for money by a detective in the Metropolitan Police, something much more shocking is discovered: that at the heart of the Metropolitan CID there exists a ‘firm in a firm’, a secret network of corrupt coppers.

With insider interviews, evocative archive footage and secret recordings, the documentary reveals the story behind The Times investigation and shows how the public myth of incorruptibility protected the police for so long.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000v4h4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭.red.

Agreed. Stephen Graham is excellent in anything I've ever seen him in. Vicky McLure also and they were great together in This is England.

I've yet to see him be anything but fantastic in any show.
    He's really good in Little Boy Blue too.

Is This Is England any good? Thought about watching it a few times but never started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭Johnthemanager

mcw100 wrote: »
    RTÉ player showing season 1 to 5 from Thursday

I can tell you now, you'll be lucky to watch an episode on the RTE player, never mind a whole series.

The absolute worst TV player I have ever tried to use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I can tell you now, you'll be lucky to watch an episode on the RTE player, never mind a whole series.

The ads.... Me fcukin nerves the ads are dreadful...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

It's terrible yeah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

I'm unusual in that I've never had a problem with RTE Player. I don't use it much though.
    .red. wrote: »
    Is This Is England any good? Thought about watching it a few times but never started.
    Brilliant if you're interested in working class youth culture in England between the early '80s and early '90s.

The first one (the film) examines the ugliness of far right skinheads too - difficult to watch but incredibly powerful.

After that there are three short TV series.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭trashcan

Celchick wrote: »

Ah I think he’s good. The holy trinity of Steve, Kate and Ted is the backbone of the show. Hope the rumours of a central character being killed off this season are not true. Vicky McClure is also great in This Is England. When I first saw LOD I didn’t realise it was her ( hadn’t seen TIE in a while at that stage.)

.red. wrote: »
    I've yet to see him be anything but fantastic in any show.
    He's really good in Little Boy Blue too.

Movie is good. TV series is astonishing, albeit often very grim. They tackle tough subjects.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Ah here

giphy.gif

Hould yer whist!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭cml387

RTE player has had some bad press but it does work. OK there are ads but there are ads on TV as well.

Advertisement