Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

cml387 wrote: »
    RTE player has had some bad press but it does work. OK there are ads but there are ads on TV as well.

It can get 'stuck' on the ads, though, playing an ad break but then not resuming the show or playing the previous part of the episode that you've just watched or different episode altogether after the ad break! All of those things have happened to me more than once on RTE player. It really would be last resort for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭Johnthemanager

Sardonicat wrote: »
    It can get 'stuck' on the ads, though, playing an ad break but then not resuming the show or playing the previous part of the episode that you've just watched or different episode altogether after the ad break! All of those things have happened to me more than once on RTE player. It really would be last resort for me.

In comparison to Channels 4s superb All 4 app, it's chalk and cheese.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Movie is good. TV series is astonishing, albeit often very grim. They tackle tough subjects.

Got the film and the series last night, really looking forward to watching them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,130 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Got the film and the series last night, really looking forward to watching them.

Get dead mans shoes next :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭trashcan

Get dead mans shoes next :)

Saw that years ago. Another bleak one. Shane Meadows certainly doesn't do fun and uplifting !

Great performance from Paddy Considine in it. Superb actor.

• Advertisement

trashcan wrote: »
    Saw that years ago. Another bleak one. Shane Meadows certainly doesn't do fun and uplifting !

Great performance from Paddy Considine in it. Superb actor.

room for romeo brass has a few laughs :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

Dead Man's Shoes is amazing. As is The Virtues.

But yeah, rough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,012 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I miss the Line of Duty chat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,849 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Celchick wrote: »
    Dead Man's Shoes is amazing. As is The Virtues.

But yeah, rough.

Virtues was excellent. Niamh Algar and some others also impressive. Graham though just seems to excel in everything he does.

Fitz* wrote: »

I’m interested in one thing only, and that’s bent coppers !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Actually there's very few Tedisms in the first season having watched it recently, it's like Dunbar was being held back a bit

I don't know what happened between season 1 and 2 but from the beginning of season 2 he's bang on form and it was glorious to see it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Some good youtube videos out where they break down the events in recent episodes. Always point out things that I have missed and get me thinking even more.

Although it's fun to speculate here too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Did they search Jo's apartment as part of the investigation?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

I have started back again and on series 2 episode 1
    Never noticed till I was watching last night the kid from series 1 is now the police officer.

Now I am starting again but the PC Simon Bannerjee(I think he is normally on CBeebies the actor) does he appear again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Fitz* wrote: »
    :D Adrian Dunbar is on the LLS tomorrow

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    :D Adrian Dunbar is on the LLS tomorrow

Tubs: “wtf were you and Norton laughing at two weeks ago yis pair a f**ers “

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Line-of-Duty-Series-1-6-Collection-Blu-ray/285785/

I’ll give anyone who hasn’t seen the series before €50 to go buy the Blu-Ray. Can’t even imagine one episode on the RTÉ player let alone binging the whole series.

Tubs: “wtf were you and Norton laughing at two weeks ago yis pair a f**ers “

Betcha Tubridy won’t go there ;)

ShagNastii wrote: »
    https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Line-of-Duty-Series-1-6-Collection-Blu-ray/285785/

I’ll give anyone who hasn’t seen the series before €50 to go buy the Blu-Ray. Can’t even imagine one episode on the RTÉ player let alone binging the whole series.

Cheers, will you buy me a blu ray player as well ? :D

Actually, confession time, I’ve seen every series, so I don’t qualify for your generosity. :o. Loads of detail I can’t remember though. I’ve never re-watched any of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

Im not a huge fan of RTE player but I have no problem watching episodes last night, the ad cut in is annoying but I get over it quickly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭.red.

There are countless other ways of watching it. You don't need a DVD or the rte player.

I'd also rather watch it thru my neighbours windows than ever use the rte player again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭CoBo55

.red. wrote: »
    There are countless other ways of watching it. You don't need a DVD or the rte player.

I'd also rather watch it thru my neighbours windows than ever use the rte player again.

Classic:D like the first colour TV in the neighbourhood!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Actually there's very few Tedisms in the first season having watched it recently, it's like Dunbar was being held back a bit

I don't know what happened between season 1 and 2 but from the beginning of season 2 he's bang on form and it was glorious to see it

I rewatched season two last week and there is a moment where an officer says he is retracting his statement and Ted quietly says "mother of God". I burst out laughing. Don't know why I found that particular instance of a Tedism so funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭appledrop

Ah but does Season 1 not have one of my all time faviourite Tedisms 'We've been round the house Steve, round the houses and down the bloody drains'

Just watching gogglebox here and there are watching 2nd episode from last week.

It's great fun watching all reactions of people to different parts of episode.

One of the women even has a notebook taking notes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

appledrop wrote: »

I love Jenny. Lee’s reactions to her are hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,507 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

appledrop wrote: »

I've felt very much like doing that lately!

Or doing myself a flowchart or a spreadsheet or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

I've watched the final feature length episode of Season 5 about three times now, and I still didn't get it all

I feel Jed has woven a story that's gotten far too convoluted for his own good

It's time to completely wrap up this arc this season and start afresh in the next one, with no more looking back on "H" or anything from Seasons 1-6

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Oh you could put them on the wall, your own version of AC-12!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Is this worth a watch from the start? I know nothing about it and only just realised it's not an American cop show, which I had assumed it was. I don't like US cop shows, but like some British ones. The quick synopsis on google sounds dull, but I gather there's some hype around the show based on snippets in the media this week. Not looking back in the thread to avoid spoilers, but would appreciate a recommendation or otherwise!

Advertisement