Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Where does it suggest she lives in another city? Her visit to Ted and Steve's two visits to her haven't been portrayed as lengthy journeys. Same in the last season. Pretty sure she also lives in Birmingham.

I thought it was always suggested she lived in Liverpool? This season and last season they kept mentioning how they were "up" on a job. I was also given the impression her husband was undercover a long way from home, i.e Liverpool to Birmingham.

Edit: not to say this is right but this is from a Line of Duty Fandom site -

"Despite working in the The City in the West Midlands, it appears he and his family live on the outskirts of Liverpool."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

H as in HMRC? This goes all the way to the top.

Is everyone else looking at the computer screens for a misspelt "Definitely"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,012 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Yeah there was also a hidden joke between Corbett's wife & Steve. It also alludes to her location.

She said how she was paying for the sports channels so she could watch the Champions League football nights. Liverpool play in that and no team in Birmingham, or that general area do. Martin Compston is known to be a big Celtic fan in real life and there was a jokey line along the lines of 'your lot are not in it this year' from Corbett's wife to Steve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Why did Corbett's wife come to see Ted?

Surely he told her to stay well away?

She has the money and phones exist if she needed to talk. So why come to the station?

Or is it one of those LOD Leaps Of Logic we should just leave alone? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Rewatched the first episode of season 4 this evening and one of the background characters on Roz's team - she possibly has two or three lines the entire episode - is Farida, which I didn't cop so far in season 6 although she's placed front and centre alongside Davidson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,905 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Just watched the first three episodes together. It's just so good and so much going on. Obviously H is at the head of this, wonder if we'll get him/her by seasons end?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Why did Corbett's wife come to see Ted?

Surely he told her to stay well away?

She has the money and phones exist if she needed to talk. So why come to the station?

Or is it one of those LOD Leaps Of Logic we should just leave alone? ;)

She went to see him because he didn't return her calls.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Obviously H is at the head of this, wonder if we'll get him/her by seasons end?

They need to wrap up the H storyline this year. Viewers are going cross-eyed trying to remember everything that happened before and how it ties into the now

If there's another season then Jed can start another Big Baddie storyline arc

But H needs to be put to bed soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

I think H will be revealed also this season. No real reason, just gut instinct. It's going on a bit long now.

Will be very disappointing if they don't reveal H in this series. You can only drag something out so long, but across three seasons would be too much imo. Particularly now they've started doing the anonymous messenger thing from last season.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 6,870 ✭✭✭Spocker

Jofspring wrote: »
    I thought it was always suggested she lived in Liverpool? This season and last season they kept mentioning how they were "up" on a job. I was also given the impression her husband was undercover a long way from home, i.e Liverpool to Birmingham.

Edit: not to say this is right but this is from a Line of Duty Fandom site -

"Despite working in the The City in the West Midlands, it appears he and his family live on the outskirts of Liverpool."

Looks like St Johns Beacon in Liverpool to me, suggesting thats where Corbetts wife lives alright (screenshot from S06E02)

549505.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

She's definitely in Liverpool. A detective driving up there from Birmingham or Nottingham regularly would be no biggie. Some people do daily commutes nearly as long as that.

Plus Steve might have called on his day off, pretending he was working. Not much else going on in his life poor fella.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,905 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Celchick wrote:
    Plus Steve might have called on his day off, pretending he was working. Not much else going on in his life poor fella.
    The beard looks awful on him I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,507 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Celchick wrote: »
    She's definitely in Liverpool. A detective driving up there from Birmingham or Nottingham regularly would be no biggie. Some people do daily commutes nearly as long as that.

A day off???? :eek:

You think they'd ever take a day off when there's bent coppers to be caught, and corrupt officers to be clobbered???

Perish the thought!

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    A day off???? :eek:

You think they'd ever take a day off when there's bent coppers to be caught, and corrupt officers to be clobbered???

Perish the thought!

I read all of that in Ted's voice

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I'm pretty sure they've said it's a non specific city and given Steve was worried about being late for work I think it's safe to assume she lives in the same city. Didn't he use the excuse that he happened to be in the neighborhood (I could be wrong on that). I really wouldn't put much stock in landmarks or the actors' accents, I dunno if it was on here or twitter but someone pointed out that there was a sign for Dublin visible in one of the episodes as they film a lot of it in Belfast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,507 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure they've said it's a non specific city and given Steve was worried about being late for work I think it's safe to assume she lives in the same city. Didn't he use the excuse that he happened to be in the neighborhood (I could be wrong on that). I really wouldn't put much stock in landmarks or the actors' accents, I dunno if it was on here or twitter but someone pointed out that there was a sign for Dublin visible in one of the episodes as they film a lot of it in Belfast.
    I thought it was very clear last series, and from a couple of things said (that I can't actually quote) this series that Steph lives somewhere far away from where AC12 are based. They always seem to have travelled to see her.

I also thought it was definitely Liverpool she lived in, but that may be just because of her accent, I don't recall it being actually mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,511 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

when he first turned up on her doorstep he explained that he was up here for work and just decided to pop in. Not something you would say if it was the same city.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭I told ya

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Where does it suggest she lives in another city? Her visit to Ted and Steve's two visits to her haven't been portrayed as lengthy journeys. Same in the last season. Pretty sure she also lives in Birmingham.

The OH is from Liverpool and she pointed out some cathedral in the background, when Steve was parking up. Granted the story line does not specify where she lives but her and Corbett's accent would be grounds for suspicion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Apologies; according to her fan page, she does live in Liverpool.

https://lineofduty.fandom.com/wiki/Stephanie_Corbett

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭I told ya

Wonder will AC12 link the prison officer to the assaults on Denton and Farida?

Would be small fry in the chain of command but it might lead somewhere. Who knows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

I told ya wrote: »
    Wonder will AC12 link the prison officer to the assaults on Denton and Farida?

Would be small fry in the chain of command but it might lead somewhere. Who knows?
    Kinda bugs me the way those assaults were just disregarded as "oh well, part of prison life for a police officer."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Kinda bugs me the way those assaults were just disregarded as "oh well, part of prison life for a police officer."

I have to agree. Unfortunately it seems to be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

One of the things that I thought with Denton was obviously how horrific her injuries were but also that they may have withheld her pain medication as well, no evidence of course, just something that crossed my mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Talisman

S01E04 @ 47:44 Two men wheel Jackie Laverty's body into Terry Boyle's flat. Since I rewatched the episode a few nights ago I can't help wondering if one of them is the van driver that passed the burner phone to Davidson in S06E02.

In the scene at the flat there isn't a clear image of his face, this is the best capture I could get from the player.

549617.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Talisman

I'm looking forward to the next episode because of all the little plot lines that were put in place last episode and also because there hasn't been a real Jed Mercurio twist in the current series. I'm expecting the inevitable twist in this episode.

Buckles can expose Davidson's deceit in his interview, she specifically asked him from the wrong type of surveillance in the first scenes of the series. That along with any DNA evidence found at Farida's accommodation would be enough to expose her to a full enquiry. Ryan could be shopped by Terry Boyle and that would leave three episodes to move the series in another direction.

It would be funny if it turns out that Buckles and Farida are deep undercover officers from another AC operation and have been observing the likes of Davidson and Ryan to build the case to finally root out the corrupt police officers.

Great thread this.
    Are you doing Honours or Pass LOD?
    Think I'll drop to pass, it was rock hard in the mocks!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Great thread this.

There might be a practical elective.
    Almost guarantees you a pass before you have to sit the written & interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,511 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Great thread this.

Honours or Pass? I think I would struggle with the Group Cert LoD.

• Advertisement

There might be a practical elective.
    Almost guarantees you a pass before you have to sit the written & interview.

Applied LOD :D

Advertisement