Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,017 ✭✭✭✭Basq

God damnit.. don't bother rewinding.. the photo is just Jo Davidson.

It's probably John Corbett Shirley..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭appledrop

That was an unbelievable episode.

Back to its best!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭VG31

Celchick wrote: »
    Either here or Twitter there was speculation that John Corbett might have been Davidson's relative.

I saw speculation it might be Tommy Hunter. It matches with the accents anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,015 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

My guess is she's related DS John CORBETT from the last series, I wondered why his wife still in the story, cash in the attic etc etc

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Tommy Hunter? He was Scottish wasn’t he...

They implied the person was a blood relative, he was her father?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm guessing Tommy's daughter, John's sister didn'ty really fit. Great episode!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Surely her father is Tommy Hunter, the accents have had me thinking it for a few weeks now.

I think Buckle's pee"d his pants :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Strong episode

I actually thought Steve was a goner

And yes, all they showed was a pic of Jo

9wx9mb26zls61.jpg

Because Jed loves the "tie every single season together always" craic, my money is on Hunter or Fairbanks being the other person

hinby3ufzls61.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Drexel_3

Is she not a bit old to be hunters daughter ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ya has to be Tommy Hunter surely. Based on how nervous buckles was he is obviously in it more out of fear than actually being some kind of mastermind.

The comment aimed at Arnott I found strange, "I didn't talk, did I DC Arnott". Felt like it was his way of saying please get my message back to the OCG that I'm not a rat.

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Strong episode

I actually thought Steve was a goner

And yes, all they showed was a pic of Jo

9wx9mb26zls61.jpg

Because Jed loves the "tie every single season together always" craic, my money is on Hunter being the other person

You should be part of the AC 12 team, great detective work getting that screen shot :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Brilliant episode. Had it all. Roll on next week!

Ah here I don't think I can wait until next week!

The suspense is killing me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Jesus, I won't be able to sleep tonight after that...

... thinking about Buckells' "trunshon", ugh

Dempo1 wrote: »
    You should be part of the AC 12 team, great detective work getting that screen shot :)

It's from the episode thread of the LOD sub Reddit

They are far too clever there at times though with their predictions, so thread there with caution ;)

I only now read the episode thread on Sundays and I avoid the other theory threads

Hastings really needs to get a cap that fits :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

Jofspring wrote: »
    Ya has to be Tommy Hunter surely. Based on how nervous buckles was he is obviously in it more out vof fear than actually being some kind of mastermind.

The comment aimed at Arnott I found strange, "I didn't talk, did I DC Arnott". Felt like it was his way of saying please get my message back to the OCG that I'm not a rat.

Yeah, so did Arnott report back that he is a rat? A man with a drug problem is fresh meat to organised crime

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

Jofspring wrote: »

Or did he actually tell Steve something in the van? We just didn't get to see. Seemed like yer man was about to say something when he said something about it not being evidential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

Dempo1 wrote: »
    My guess is she's related DS John CORBETT from the last series, I wondered why his wife still in the story, cash in the attic etc etc

I said that after first epsiode was the pic she threw the glass at not the mother of John Corbett

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,511 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Jesus, I won't be able to sleep tonight after that...

... thinking about Buckells' "trunshon", ugh

and his helmet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

Mike Dryden was the first person who came to mind when they said a "blood relative" of Jo. Wasnt he bent? Could be her Dad, he is Scottish too.

And then the throwing the glass of wine at the photo of her Mam. Angry at her for something to do with the Dad.

What an episode.

Link to Mike Drydens character page in case anyone wants to avoid it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/profiles/4fmR0JhrtZz9mhnR8DLtr5T/mike-dryden

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

Edge of my seat for an hour there.

The next month is going to be torture, the suspense!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

Yeah, so did Arnott report back that he is a rat? A man with a drug problem is fresh meat to organised crime

New Kate is ocg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Osbourne got another mention in this episode. We must be getting an appearance from him soon.

I'm definitely wondering if Chloe is the leak.

If it was someone in the prison its hardly likely AC 12 would have given them much notice about taking him out?

That would hardly have given OCG time to organise the armed attack and have the sniper also in place.

Meanwhile Steve, Chloe and Ted discussed Steve's plan the day before so plenty of time for it to be leaked.

I could be wrong but what do you think?

They halved the "Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!" sound this week

Thanks be to fcuk :pac:

Jed reads a lot of Twitter and knows how annoyingly long it was

• Registered Users Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Great episode. Yeah spent ages trying to see what picture by the stupid sky box pause line was in the way.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

sebdavis wrote: »
    I said that after first epsiode was the pic she threw the glass at not the mother of John Corbett

I didn't spot that, I just think with Corbets wife still in the storylinr and the cash in the attic leads me to think there's a connection, also Hastings meeting her on the quite more than once so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Ronaldinho wrote: »
    Or did he actually tell Steve something in the van? We just didn't get to see. Seemed like yer man was about to say something when he said something about it not being evidential.

This i think. He told Steve something. Especially since he said something along the lines of "whatever i tell you here can't be used in evidence."

Also, the blood relation is not a police officer i reckon. They went out of their way to say they searched the entire DNA records. Tommy would indeed be the favourite and discounts Corbett i think.

Advertisement