Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,015 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    They halved the "Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!" sound this week

Thanks be to fcuk :pac:

Jed reads a lot of Twitter and knows how annoyingly long it was

I was worried at the start, I thought half the episode was going to be an interview of Buckle's, thank god it wasn't :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

Jofspring wrote: »
    Ya has to be Tommy Hunter surely. Based on how nervous buckles was he is obviously in it more out of fear than actually being some kind of mastermind.

The comment aimed at Arnott I found strange, "I didn't talk, did I DC Arnott". Felt like it was his way of saying please get my message back to the OCG that I'm not a rat.

I took that as he’s told him something off the record.

Tommy being the father is my guess also but I wonder if that is too obvious of a guess.

I really thought Chloe was going to get killed in that fight. Thought Josie? The swat woman was going to put a bullet in her when they were behind the van together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Ya has to be Tommy Hunter surely. Based on how nervous buckles was he is obviously in it more out of fear than actually being some kind of mastermind.

The comment aimed at Arnott I found strange, "I didn't talk, did I DC Arnott". Felt like it was his way of saying please get my message back to the OCG that I'm not a rat.

And the nod between them was very obvious I thought too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

But then Steve gave a subtle nod in response, his way of telling Jimmy that it was fine, he had the info

Obviously wasn't enough to save poor Jimmy, although I wonder if Jimmy knew he was a dead man walking simply by getting there

I laughed out at his Ironside jab at Steve in season 4 which became quite perverse when it came out that he was the guy who had put Steve in the wheelchair in the first place

I've decided I don't like Kate, at all, can't put my finger on it but she's predictable and annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

appledrop wrote: »
    I'm definitely wondering if Chloe is the leak.

Same

She feels off in a way only Jed presents "good but they turn bad" characters

Kate and Ted met down the alley and they didn't display any of the "we're in cahoots on this together" traits we suspected

Yet no one else was around, so they could have easily let their guard down if they are in cahoots

The plot thickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,784 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

What an episode. I think I'll have to have a lie down now.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

appledrop wrote: »
    I'm definitely wondering if Chloe is the leak.

If it was someone in the prison its hardly likely AC 12 would have given them much notice about taking him out?

That would hardly have given OCG time to organise the armed attack and have the sniper also in place.

Meanwhile Steve, Chloe and Ted discussed Steve's plan the day before so plenty of time for it to be leaked.

I could be wrong but what do you think?

Don't think so tbh.

Writers would have given us a crumb of suspicion and I don't think they really have. She herself openly questioned whether it could have been AC12 that leaked info in tonight's episode and her demenour during the assault on the prison transport doesn't really tie in with her being aware of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

Chloe herself said "maybe the leak came from AC12" but could be calling their bluff.

• Advertisement

ooooh, LOD Reddit onto something here
    Lakewell told Steve the truth in the van. It was indicated in the scene at the interview when he said he didn't talk. At least now with the name, Steve will know exactly what to look for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

But then Steve gave a subtle nod in response, his way of telling Jimmy that it was fine, he had the info

Obviously wasn't enough to save poor Jimmy, although I wonder if Jimmy knew he was a dead man walking simply by getting there

I would have thought Witness Protection was his only option once the OCG had sent an armed gang to kill him. Going back inside was such a stupid thing to do

John Corbett was adopted wasn't he?

So if he and Davidson were related they wouldn't know each other? Just seems a bit implausible

Hunter probably too young - I reckon it's going to be something totally left field like she's Dot's half sister or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

ooooh, LOD Reddit onto something here
    Someone else said that here.

Reddit shmeddit! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭appledrop

Celchick wrote: »
    Chloe herself said "maybe the leak came from AC12" but could be calling their bluff.

Yea I took that as her calling their bluff.

I could be totally wrong and she is as innocent as she was portrayed tonight but you just never know with LOD.

Kate and Ted met down the alley and they didn't display any of the "we're in cahoots on this together" traits we suspected

Yet no one else was around, so they could have easily let their guard down if they are in cahoots

The plot thickens

I thought the same, they spoke as former boss and employee not as two colleagues in cahoots

Celchick wrote: »
    Someone else said that here.

Reddit shmeddit! :D

Lol

The thread is moving fast so I may have missed it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,012 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

VinLieger wrote: »
    It was a picture of Jo, don't bother rewinding they gave nothing away the heartless bastards, God I love them

The Virgin Media play pause delay is a killer, I spent about 5 minutes trying !!

The series is getting brilliantly set up now.

I would have thought Witness Protection was his only option once the OCG had sent an armed gang to kill him. Going back inside was such a stupid thing to do

I thought it very strange that after an attempted murder of a prisoner, said prisoner would be put back in the same Jail, just a humble thought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Lisha wrote: »
    And the nod between them was very obvious I thought too

For the solicitor to see, maybe

• Advertisement

I thought the same, they spoke as former boss and employee not as two colleagues in cahoots

Yea I think that's blow out of water now. They didn't look like in cahoots.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

If I had to put money on someone not being whiter than white it'd be Hastings.

Why is he so obsessed and driven about anti-corruption? Maybe guilt about something from his past.

Dempo1 wrote: »
    I thought it very strange that after an attempted murder of a prisoner, said prisoner would be put back in the same Jail, just a humble thought

He asked to be put back, proof that he didn't talk

I’m shook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭cml387

Black Range Rovers. What does Jed Mercurio have against them? They featured in Bodyguard as well. It's a kind of motif.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

Ronaldinho wrote: »

Why is he so obsessed and driven about anti-corruption? Maybe guilt about something from his past.

Ah no way. If Ted is corrupt the whole show will be a shambles. Stop that!

For the solicitor to see, maybe

Yea bear in mind in OCG world they often all use same solicitor or same firm.

Yea I think he did tell Steve something in the van.

I thought the same but he says at one stage he'd be spending the rest of his life looking over his shoulder

And Tommy Hunter was in Witness Protection but was still got at

I just think on some level he accepted his fate but for some unknown reason he didn't want to go on the record - can only assume it was too protect someone else but God knows who

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

They halved the "Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!" sound this week

Thanks be to fcuk :pac:

Jed reads a lot of Twitter and knows how annoyingly long it was

I doubt they edited the programme in the last week to remove half a beep.

• Advertisement

Ronaldinho wrote: »

Naw, think he has clear view of right and wrong,

Advertisement